ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   Advice on De-cat systems (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/202381-advice-on-de-cat-systems.html)

J8ke 25 April 2003 10:16 AM

Alright,
I've had my MY00 classic shape scoob for a few months now and I have a bit of money spare and facy getting a de-cat system but to be honest, I haven't a clue. I was hoping I could get some advice on prices, places, makes, power increases, lambda sensors etc. As I don't know where to start. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Jake

manny 25 April 2003 12:04 PM

Jake,

I have a full scoobysport system on my 99 car and its fantastic, its a 3inch to 2.5 decat downpipe and a straight through system and it makes a very noticable increase in power but a massive increase in sound with all the pops and bangs when throttling back. Do it you wont regret it!!! Just make sure you have understanding neighbours!! There is a fitting for the lamda sensor to go straight into the downpipe. As for pricing, check out scoobysport.co.uk worth every penny IMHO.

SiHethers 25 April 2003 01:19 PM

Jake

I've got a GGR 3inch system with sports cat and it does the job :D No pops and bangs though :(

Simon

MickyC 26 April 2003 06:02 AM

Heelo Mate,

I was in the same position as you.

Took my car to Revolution in Gateshead (Tyne & Wear) they fitted a magnex 6x4 back box, a magnex centre pipe, and their own down pipe as apparently some of the magnex down pipes mess around with your steeering column.

Has it made a difference????????

Jesus, fxcking, christ it has!!!!!!!!!!

Get is sorted matey!

Laters

Micky

sparkster 26 April 2003 04:59 PM

Micky C,

I have been thinking about a magnex exhaust from down-pipe back (decatted).

I do have the Blitz Nur spec R system on order but am still not sure.

Performance wise, any idea if Magnex and Blitz are similar.

What sort of sounds do you get from your Magnex?

thanks

Mark

john banks 26 April 2003 05:58 PM

Consider a decat system from the For Sale section. I sold a full Magnex system for under £300.

In my experience Blitz is far louder than Magnex, and obviously more free flowing.

[Edited by john banks - 4/26/2003 6:02:59 PM]

Fatman 26 April 2003 06:08 PM

I have a full Scoobysport decat system (and Tek-2 remap) - HIGHLY recommended. Fantastic noises, pops and stuff on lift-off, excellent burble on idle and then all h3ll breaks loose on full throttle. :) Do it! :D

sparkster 26 April 2003 06:27 PM

The car is in at the min getting headers ported and ss up-pipe + ss down-pipe fitted. Decisions decisions. How do i finish the exhaust off?????

Magnex sounds good value for money but i'll kick myself for not having that Blitz tail pipe sticking out the end. Then again what about HKS or yes SS to finish it off :confused:

Jake 27 April 2003 06:23 PM

Hey another Jake that makes two of us on SN I think??

Jake

><> 28 April 2003 12:22 AM

Blitz NUR Spec R tailboxes are absolutely rude.

J8ke 28 April 2003 07:55 AM

Thanks for the advice but what sections do I need and roughly how much am I looking at? Also, what sort of power increases are we talking?

Jake, I think you're right mate, There are only two so far!

Cheers

Jk