ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Interior (https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-15/)
-   -   Interior cleaning? (https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-15/200101-interior-cleaning.html)

UHF 18 April 2003 09:20 AM

Exactly what is the best way to get a 99 UK turbo's black dash clean again? I've been putting it off for a while, simply wiping it over doesnt seem to work as it has greasy stains where people have put their pre-prepared McDonalds fingers :( Is there a solution that anyone can recommend?

Also does anyone else have white dust getting pushed out by thier air con? my dash and other parts of car are covered in it within a month of wiping it over to remove it, its more than just dust, weird.

JohnS 18 April 2003 09:32 AM

One of the best plastic cleaners I've found is from the A1 range (see www.iauto.co.uk). Comes with a little sponge which helps clean, as well as just apply. Instructions are in German though, but easy to work out ;)

ScrappyDoo2 18 April 2003 09:34 AM

The best way of cleaning the dash that I've found is to make a solution of water mixed with flash or ajax fluid. Use a jeyes cloth and simply wipe the dash down well with it and leave it to dry by evapouration. It gets rid of all marks (within reason - but certainly greasy paw prints)and returns the dash to a clean matt look as new. I've found this to work much better and takes less effort than any of the available dash sprays out there.

About the white dust - I haven't had that in the scoob but in my company car (a VW passat with a completely black interior) I do tend to get this annoying white dust. The best way to get rid of that is to put the brush attachment on the end of your hover and vacuum it up! Hope this helps.

gossythevaleter 18 April 2003 09:34 AM

Right then where do i start clean it with somthing like a good qaulity multi clean. (If you have grease etc or you can just clean with warm water) for your air vents etc use a paint brush in all these and the grooves etc the dust is not just dust but all sorts of cr4p, traffic film, nicotein> And for some reason it sticks like sh1t to a balcket LOL. Then use a non silicone vinyl protector Alot of dash shin products all have silicone in the trouble is silicone does the opposite over a period of time and makes the vinyl fade. Just like your paint it has oil in etc and these need to be put back in to the vinyl this is done with using the right non silicone based product

You could always pay some one to do it for you :):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:

UHF 18 April 2003 10:03 AM

thanks for advice.

What do you mean pay someone, i'm not made of money, well actually I was, and now I own a scooby i'm not :)

UHF 18 April 2003 10:04 AM

Ahh, gossy, didnt see the name when I posted just now, i see why you say I should pay someone! That was me in the silver scooby 4th on the rollers last weekend at PE!

Mighty impressive work going on the Fiesta!

gossythevaleter 18 April 2003 10:10 AM

yer well we are going for 250bhp from it
odered a new turbo a t34 hybrid with 360 degree roller bearings :) she says it aint quick enough :rolleyes:

Marky-San 18 April 2003 08:10 PM

best stuff to use IMO is Autoglym interior spray - use undiluted and rub into the offending muck - comes off a treat.

midlife-crisis-scooby 18 April 2003 10:00 PM

Hear that Mark Underwood (AKA Wax Wizzard) has something called "Swift" for interiors. I await delivery but if it is as good as the rest of the Swissol range then it might be worth waiting for..

Midlife

PeteT 24 April 2003 11:29 PM

I've got some of Mark U's Swift vinyl cleaner and it is as good as the rest of his stuff, it keeps that nice matt finish to the dash and smells good too, kinda gingery!!