ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   sti8ppp - 650 mile weekend - this is a very good car (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/198705-sti8ppp-650-mile-weekend-this-is-a-very-good-car.html)

mwp 14 April 2003 12:48 PM

If a reference were needed ...

Saturday and Sunday I did Cambridge to Torquay to Plymouth and back via Milton Keynes, Oxford, Stonehenge, Dartmoor, Chippenham & Bedford. All 650 miles on As & Bs with single/dual-carriageways, single-track lanes, twistys and roundabouts galore.

The car was brilliant and did all it needed to when asked and made the trip very enjoyable. Driving position and seats were very good and got home Sunday night in good shape.

Most impressive was it's ability to deal with traffic on single carriageways safely with no fuss.

I'd buy one tomoorrow if I didn't already have one ;)

ramdor 14 April 2003 12:49 PM

:D

Richie.

Student Phil 14 April 2003 12:52 PM

What sort of MPG did it produce over that distance, if you don't mind me asking!

mwp 14 April 2003 01:00 PM

didn't keep a very accurate record as i didn't care. But a quick rough calc just popped out 17mpg ... which looks about right seeing as i did very little cruising and use the gears/revs a lot.

Steve Holmes 14 April 2003 01:03 PM

I did just under 600 miles this weekend across Wales and Wiltshire in my STi8PPP and got approx 19-22 mph which wasn't to good but I wasn't hanging around either.

TVR Gary 14 April 2003 01:29 PM

400 miles for me in my new STI8 picked up on friday afternoon.

No idea how many MPG and to be honest I dont even wanna think about it. Who cares anyway.

Steve Holmes 14 April 2003 09:23 PM

Too true!!

churchwa 14 April 2003 09:31 PM

Picked mine up today and the first thing that happened was black smoke started billowing out the front. I was very worrked, but apparently they had spilt some oil on some gause and it was that burning off. I was very worried there for a second, but the car is awesome now, and i love the exhaust note, much better han the standard.

scoobyfella 14 April 2003 11:29 PM

Hi Steve, where abouts in Wales did you come to i saw a Sti8 in Beddgelert on Sunday? I was in the MY00 DBM if it was you.

Cheers James.

MrShades 14 April 2003 11:43 PM

Hehehehe.....

Got my STi8 on Thursday night - and had a 650 mile weekend as well.

Should hopefully hit the 1K by the weekend....

Full rolling road and EcuTek fine tune, and unleash the power over 4K - can't blummin' wait!!!!!!!!!

Shades

Steve Holmes 15 April 2003 10:13 PM

Hi Scoobyfella,

I had a weekend in Trefor with my brother in law and family. We went through on Sunday on our way out . I had a long drive home though,....Southampton!

Take it easy!

Saw loads of Impreza on Saturday between stages I think at the rally, upset I missed it!!