ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   PPP on an STi 8 -- How long did yours take? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/198189-ppp-on-an-sti-8-how-long-did-yours-take.html)

Cupraman 12 April 2003 02:48 PM

Mine went in this morning, wont be ready until Monday cos the could not get a "Nut" off.

Wont say the dealer just yet as they may redeem themselves.

I except that problems can arise in every day life. I just cant see it takes 3 days to get a nut off.

philgr 12 April 2003 06:06 PM

Mine was on when i picked up the car on 1st march,
i think it should only take 3 hours to fit

Phil G
WCSR

Cupraman 12 April 2003 06:28 PM

I am not happy.

206CC 12 April 2003 06:36 PM

I presume that it was one of the Down pipe nuts that was tight :0) One of them can be a bastid, Cos they have a tendance to "roundoff".. But 3 days!
It would be much quicker to remove & replace the engine to get it off, which should only take around 4 hours..

The complete PPP kit can be installed within 3 hours or so.. Well thats the time that it takes me :0)

Scooby Tech

Cupraman 12 April 2003 06:41 PM

Yes, that's the nut in Question. I took my car in at 08:10 and was told at about 12:00 the "Mechanics" had done everything they could and I would now have to wait until Monday until they could get the nut off.

Whats gonna change on Monday? Will leaving in 2 days loosen it up?

206CC 12 April 2003 06:50 PM

I always spray the nuts with graphite lube before removing them.. As these nuts have tendance to chew up the threads and then get locked on the studs!

So at worst case it will require the nut to be burnt of and then the engine out to renew the stud on the turbo manifold.. (The engine out method is our prefered way of solving that one, especially as it only takes 3-4 hours).. Had to do this on a couple of occasions now..
Although again it depends how tight the remains of the stud are..

Scooby Tech

DeerHunter 12 April 2003 07:18 PM

it can take up to 8 days

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadid=198170

:D :D :D

churchwa 12 April 2003 08:37 PM

I have had exactly the same problem man, dont trust them. Tell them they have to take the intercooler off in order to get it out. Else you will be in the same situation as me. ggrrrrrrrrr pure anger

ramdor 12 April 2003 08:59 PM

Took my dealer about 2-3 hrs... and the intercooler came off.

Richie.

Cupraman 12 April 2003 09:18 PM

God Damn it

Cupraman 14 April 2003 06:22 PM

Got it back today. The Dealership actually redeemed themselves which is what I like to see.

they did not charge me for the service and gave my ickle boy a Subaru Teddy.

I'm now a happy chappie and the Monster just turned into a beast. What a noise.

ramdor 14 April 2003 08:40 PM

:D great isnt it! :D Glad they sorted you out in the end.

Richie.

yoza 14 April 2003 08:47 PM

Alls well,that ends well......

Everyone is happier once theyve got their nuts off.

Enjoy.

churchwa 14 April 2003 09:36 PM

Got mine back today, after 8 days, first they tried to charge me £2090 and that is with a 50% discount on the labour charges. I blew up at this point and said it should only cost £1995, they said that is without labour, i said i did not think that was correct. Anyway, they gave it to me all in for £1995 becasue i just wanted to get out of there. At one point the mechanic said that he would take the keys out fo my car and leave it there if i did not pay. (This was not indicative of him, i think he was just pissed off with my car)

Cupraman 14 April 2003 09:39 PM

The extra noise is worth it alone I think :)

ramdor 14 April 2003 09:44 PM

The cost is £1995 including vat and fitting.... If all goes well the fitting is included in the £1995 price. By all accounts, your dealer can charge more if there is a problem, such as a snapped bolt/stuck nut/cross threads etc... they can then charge for the labour to fix the problem.

See here.

Glad you got it back in the end :D

Richie.

mwp 14 April 2003 09:45 PM

churchwa ... sounds f***ing outrageous. communication with prodrive and subaru-uk sounds in order.

[Edited by mwp - 4/14/2003 9:46:06 PM]