ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Anybody buy Tennents Super ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/197690-anybody-buy-tennents-super.html)

J4CKO 10 April 2003 09:51 PM

Bought some by mistake, just grabbed four cans quickly from the offy (thought it was normal lager) and it turned out to be this stuff, pure evil in a can, very very nasty but I developed quite a taste for it and by the fourth I was ready for my bobies.

What the hell is it for, why is it available without prescription ?

What have I done, I quite fancy getting some more HELPPPPPPP

I will be waking up in bus shelters covered in p1ss and vomit, playing a harmonica (badly) and shouting unintelligible profanities at passers by if they dont give me ten pee for a cup of tea.

TelBoy 10 April 2003 10:00 PM

Ahh, tramps of Scoobynet unite!!

Don't drink much else myself - occasional foray to Carlsberg Special Brew, but Tennent's Super is the daddy. <waves empty can sitting next to me at screen>.

Not done me any long term damage that i can tell. Others might disagree! Only donwside is you can't keep drinking and drinking on the nights you're in the mood for a decent session, otherwise you soon lose track of all five senses, usually all at once!! :D

J4CKO 10 April 2003 10:26 PM

I lost any kind of recognisable speech halfway through the second can, it doesent taste that bad (Considering) if its very cold and drinking normal lager after it is like drinking tap water. I fancy some more but I would be a bit embarrased as the lady in the offy usually advises me on wine matters, not which alcy gear I should be buying, I will wrap it up in a copy of Razzle or sheep botheres monthly so nobody sees it.

J4cko the future Cheshire gentleman tramp !

camk 10 April 2003 10:40 PM

I used to make a weak attempt at 2 cans of soup and a share a litre of merrydown when I was at school discos, many moons ago. I remember it being difficult to drink but not as strong a taste as the Carlies, which were also deadly :).
The other crap we used to drink, Eldorado(bottom of the E on Rich White was half a bottle), Concorde or Hirondelle. The daddy was Henkell Trocken(I still laugh every day now going to work as I pass their Corp HQ in Wiesbaden). PMSL, great thread. I can't drink Vodka and Orange now as a result of my excess on it as a youngster. The thought of it still makes me queazy.

Regards
Cammy

Tim-Grove 10 April 2003 10:43 PM

Anybody remember special red cider oh my god that stuff should be outlawed.:D

J4CKO 10 April 2003 11:11 PM

My mate Chris cant drink red Martini anymore, we all bought a bottle each whe about 15, drank some, spewed and left it at that, Chris drank all of his and we couldnt find him for ages, we located some time later him masturbating furiously in a tree.

Olly 11 April 2003 09:40 AM

Once got a***holed on Tenants Super while fishing. 4 cans I think. I was about 15 at the time. Chucked me guts up. Never again.

J4cko: will keep an eye out for you rummaging through the bin outside the Macc branch of Woolworths. ;)

lpski1 11 April 2003 09:40 AM

last time i had that syrup, i was 15 i think,at a house party, had 4 cans and some Cinzano (dont ask) my mate carried me home (over a mile) knocked on my parents house, advised my dad that i had some pizza and felt really ill, i spent the whole night singing to the porcelain god, it was also my parents wedding anniversary, to say my dad wasnt amused is an undersight, have never touched the stuff since, the thought of it instantly reminds me of that night.!! :D

Jay m A 11 April 2003 10:14 AM

2 quick cans of freezing cold Londis Super just before you leave was the cheapest way to start a night out as you intended to go on. Luckily I am not a student anymore :D

beemerboy 11 April 2003 10:19 AM

you guys are nutters!!!

i rememeber the evil "thunderbird" wine.

cheap as pi55 and just as tasty...

tennants super, from memory is very syrupy and hard work.
mind you thats was a few years ago, and now i'm knocking on the door of 35yrs, i really fancy trying it again.

Jacko, what have you done????

I'm off to Rayleigh High St to nuy some "contraband"

....hic....

will report the effects in due course... well, when my vision returns, at the very least.

BB:)

Scooby Dooby Blue 11 April 2003 10:30 AM

the lady in the offy usually advises me on wine matters, not which alcy gear I should be buying
You may find she starts to recommend Buckfast from now on:D

Jye 11 April 2003 10:36 AM

Three words for you lot: Brown Paper Bags ;)

Mossman 11 April 2003 10:42 AM

LOL! Very funny!

I was a thunderbird and Red Stripe man at Uni.....
My drinking abilities were and ARE legendary amongst my friends, .....yes indeed, I CANNOT handle my booze well!

Mossman

:):)

Ratman 11 April 2003 10:48 AM

I prefer Breaker Superbrew to Tennents Super. Same ABV but not nearly so sweet, almost like a normal (premium) lager.

Ratman

akshay67 11 April 2003 11:56 AM

Anyboy find that a couple of pints of caffreys send you crashing?

or maybe I'm just a lightweight!

Badger Stuffer 11 April 2003 12:10 PM

Tennants Super........I remember them (well not after drinking them):rolleyes:

Used to give me a awful hangover and a bad case of the sh1ts....:eek:

Anyone remember when Diamond White first came out....Mental stuff....:D

ajm 11 April 2003 12:28 PM

uuurggh! Someone mentioned Thunderbird.... drank 2 bottles of red label thunderbird once (amongst other things).... was found taking a lash in the corner of my bedroom.... never ever again!

MJW 11 April 2003 12:47 PM

I believe the Scottish expression for he who sups Extra is 'jakey' ;)

Am I sick or just mad! 11 April 2003 01:01 PM

I remember the school dazes of 4 cans of super T and a packet of king sized rizla please :D
thank fook they are long gone now! ;)
Mad Mark

muppet paster 11 April 2003 01:06 PM

:D

Always prefered S'Brew to Super myself. Altough it's been a while since i had either! :D

ProperCharlie 11 April 2003 01:23 PM

Special Brew was the one for me. Many, many cans of that fine beverage have passed my lips. In the "old days", my regular pick-me-up before heading out for an evening was 2 tins of special and half a wrap of powder. Ahh, we knew how to live in those days... :)

damian666 04 November 2003 11:36 AM

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UAARA...04998304100512

Stella man myself :D

[Edited by damian666 - 4/11/2003 11:36:33 AM]