ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   do BMW owners have mobiles superglued to their ears? (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/197654-do-bmw-owners-have-mobiles-superglued-to-their-ears.html)

rb5ray 10 April 2003 08:30 PM

might have been just coincidence, but every one i saw today on the A1 was yapping into a mobile at 80 in the overtaking lane............freaky!!

Alas 10 April 2003 09:38 PM

Give me a minute and I'll get back to you about this. I'm on the other line just now:D
Alas

Harry_Boy 10 April 2003 10:56 PM

Probably talking to each other..... :) They're all reps, you know.....

rb5ray 10 April 2003 11:05 PM

i have a theory..........their all on the line to "gay chat"!!!

rb5ray 10 April 2003 11:40 PM

hope u haven't been tailgating him in2 any dark carparks??

mccltd 11 April 2003 10:49 AM

dont need to stick it to my ear,,use the cars voice recognition system..:)

churchwa 11 April 2003 10:56 AM

I'd like to see a 5 series convertable ;)

Mr Gee 11 April 2003 11:04 AM

Not a 5 series, but ......
http://upload.turbosport.co.uk/getpi...1216384182.jpg

Richie1 16 April 2003 04:41 PM

might have been just coincidence, but every one i saw today on the A1 was yapping into a mobile at 80 in the overtaking lane............freaky!!
Nope, I use the built in handsfree kit that it came with from the factory :p

TIFF-C20WTH 17 April 2003 07:33 PM

Or they have them Madonna style head sets on ;)

Echo 17 April 2003 10:04 PM

The M40 is getting to be full of women driving BMW's on the phone zig zagging in and out...... One today was driving like a complete tw@t and nearly forced an old lady off the road, grrrr. It must be a BMW thing, nice cars, c@$%*@$ drivers, male and female.

BTW, those 320 diesels shift, better get the ppp soon!

:-)

Mike

Mycroft 17 April 2003 10:26 PM

Easy...

Its to stop their tiny little brain from falling out of there ear when cornering.

next question....

[Edited by Mycroft - 17/04/2003 22:27:26]

fastka 17 April 2003 10:54 PM

you see...

you can be funny and not obnoxious all the time!

you actually made me smile then and i had to check who had writen it...!!!

Mycroft 17 April 2003 11:04 PM

I am only obnoxious if my fragile and sensitive skin is bruised...

Plus, frankly, BMW owners are such sad basturds that if you can't laugh and poke fun at them, really you only have rubber chickens left, and, although the rubber chicken is marginally smarter than the average BMW driver... I have never found them funny)

HKSubaru 18 April 2003 03:15 AM

before i say anything, i had a scooby! :rolleyes:

And i know what you mean, i myself now a bmw driver, just got told to "F OFF!" when i just wanted to ask how she got her M3 alloys to fit, BITC*!!!!

Me, i miss the scoob, can't afford the running costs with long journeys but damn do i miss owning one and being proud and to talk to other fellow scooby owners nicely without being told to F OFF! :rolleyes:

mccltd 18 April 2003 08:10 AM

Mycroft
`Plus, frankly, BMW owners are such sad basturds `

Seems strange as a lot of us M3 drivers are ex scooby drivers,,
Also whats a Basturd??

Maybe we learn to spell when we move to the dark side..;)

basal_lobe 18 April 2003 08:21 AM

BMW drivers are largely self important scum with less money than sense (have very little sense as they bought the BMW, not enough cash cos they are clearly trying to be aspirational and ended up with a BMW instead about as common as a Vectra-LOL)

Ever notice how 318 drivers in particular seem to think they are driving the fastest car on the road? They always look so humiliated when you don't take them on.........and beat them anyway. What a bunch of losers.

Also X5 owners- I can't think of an insult bad enough......they are already insulting themselves by driving a 5 series on stilts.

Litle footnote the only BMW's that are in any way desireable have either an "M" (only a few of the M cars though) or "CSL" in the name.

HKSubaru 18 April 2003 08:59 AM

I'm a 318 owner now!! I don't race scoobies as i know what they are capable of, money wise it's a LOT cheaper to run then a scooby.

Mycroft 18 April 2003 10:15 AM

During the last part of 2001 I had to drive an M3, the circumstances were complex but the car was my only transport for a month, it was fast and quite good fun, but the worst thing about owning such a car is the way you are viewed by other drivers. No one EVER lets you out from a turning, in my Soarer with its Lexus badges and understated looks EVERYONE 'lets me out' I live near one of 'those' Junctions, you know the type, in My soarer I have never had a problem getting out... ever, in the BMW I could sit for 15minutes even other BMW drivers don't let you go!
On the M4 I have never had been trailed by the rozzers since getting rid of my DB7, but that damned M3 had them back on my tail twice, I wasn't stopped but it was infuriating to be trailed at 75mph for mile after mile.
In London it just got worse Taxi drivers actually aim for these cars of that I'm certain, I could go on but suffice to say that when my baby returned and the M3 went back I was just SO thankful, to pay big money to be treated with such contempt is just plain stupid to me.

Richie1 18 April 2003 08:17 PM

BMW drivers are largely self important scum with less money than sense (have very little sense as they bought the BMW, not enough cash cos they are clearly trying to be aspirational and ended up with a BMW instead about as common as a Vectra-LOL)

Litle footnote the only BMW's that are in any way desireable have either an "M" (only a few of the M cars though) or "CSL" in the name.

pfffft Nice generalisation there..... Dont confuse the common BMW's with some of the not-so-common BMW's.

There are some non-M cars that will shame a lot of other cars (including Scoobies) easily....

Mark Miwurdz 18 April 2003 10:19 PM

Why? Or is the truth that you actually have a short circuit between your mouth and ringpiece?

scooby whip 19 April 2003 12:45 AM

its actually quite rare to see a BMW driver talking on his mobile as most have to sit on their phones when making conversation...

Richie1 21 April 2003 08:16 AM

:rolleyes:

Nice contributory effort from you there whippy boy.....

basal_lobe 21 April 2003 08:29 AM

spot the scummy BMW drivers! a nice 318i with M3 alloys sir!

Many Humbug Returns 21 April 2003 08:46 AM

I always thought the phone on ear was a popular factory option...........

mccltd 21 April 2003 09:10 AM

Ohwell leave you boys to your toys.

Very sad to see how a few of your scooby drivers are really,,
I remember going to the meets and enjoying myself,
but since the roads are getting full of scoobys and the prices are dropping like flies I suppose it is in the realms of kids now.
You lot will all have your Powermax stickers in them soon.:)

basal_lobe 21 April 2003 09:46 AM

I'm not one of the max power crew, I bought my old wagon as cheap run around fodder. Nothing worse than some nobber modding a car, especially when its a 318.

M5 is the only current beemer I have any respect for, the new M3 is a bit of a hairdressers posing tool. When the CSL 3 series comes out there will be a true M power 3 series.

Richie1 21 April 2003 01:29 PM

M5 one day p'raps.... I'll settle for its little brother with my current car for now tho - 1998 540i

Apple 04 October 2003 11:33 PM

rb5ray

so that's why there's a 3 or 5 series convertible round here with B18 BOY plates on... :eek: ;)

windows were down so couldn't tell whether it had pimp tints or not :D

[Edited by Apple - 4/10/2003 11:33:47 PM]