ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Trickling Noise ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/197403-trickling-noise.html)

Ben Muirhead 10 April 2003 10:24 AM

After start up, does anyone else experience, what can best be described as a 'trickling liquid' noise for a few seconds ? .... Power steering fluid, coolant, Air-Con ?

Not worrying, just mysterious. (MY98 Turbo)

Thanks
Ben

scooby_si 10 April 2003 10:32 AM

er have seen this type thread b4 & i recall it was air con stuff, i may get corrected ;) but mine does it when u 1st turn key but no worry :D
Si

Ben Muirhead 10 April 2003 11:53 AM

Cheers... as I said, it ain't worrying... just sounds like someone's having a slash on my inter-cooler. :)

rb5 286 10 April 2003 01:20 PM

ah that'll be some1 outside dribbling when they hear the rumble :)

seriously, dont no

Dodge 10 April 2003 01:49 PM

I used to get that a lot last year, haven't noticed it in months though, and had since forgotten about it...

I figured it was gushing coolant or perhaps just the noise of all that petrol leaving the tank to achieve that legendary scooby fuel economy!

j_p_h 10 April 2003 01:53 PM

Ive recently started to notice this but i havent air con.

StickyMicky 10 April 2003 01:54 PM

lol it will be your fuel running out, cos they always do lol :)

ZIPPY 10 April 2003 02:24 PM

I've found it only happend on the 3 scoobs i've had when i had the downpipe changed.

Zippy

Ben Muirhead 10 April 2003 02:57 PM

What difference would a different downpipe make... certainly no liquids are effected.

all very strange... anyone shed some light ?

bruce 10 April 2003 03:03 PM

I used to notice this noise as well, and then one of my head gaskets failed!!. This is probably not the case for you, but it could indicate low coolant levels, which can cause air to get trapped in the coolant system, and the noise you can hear is the air passing through the heater matrix.

sparkster 13 April 2003 07:53 PM

I get this trickling noise only when i start up from hot which my 93 wrx doesnt seem to like. It fires ok, then i hear the trickling noise and the revs drop stupidly low

Rusty Festa 13 April 2003 08:04 PM

I remember the previous thread about this...still get it on my MY99 Sport from cold start..happens about half a mile down the road when I pull out of the junction up hill.

Non-turbo with no air-con. I'm more intrigued when I don't hear it than worried when I do

Jon :)

Makalu 13 April 2003 10:31 PM

Yup... get it here too... MY01 PPP.

Sounds like someones emptied their Evian bottle into your NSF tyre!

Have no idea what causes it though - everything seems to be in order....

Mak.

NAF 13 April 2003 10:59 PM

Apparently its air in the heater system & nothing to worry about.
Been getting it in my MY99 on and off pretty much since day 1