ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Why is scoobynet so popular?... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/195981-why-is-scoobynet-so-popular.html)

south-star 06 April 2003 08:16 PM

As far as i can see Scoobynet is by far the busiest forum for the number of owners around.The BMW and Audi forums are deserts in comparison.Any reason?

Secondly how easy is it to run a forum.You need........
1.A server
2.High speed connection
3.Software
4.A moderator(10 a penny;))

Anything else?
Reason:I may be getting an Audi A3 and thought about setting up an A3 forum.Good idea or not?..or is it too much hassle?....

Terzo 333 06 April 2003 08:20 PM

Think of a question, ask Scoobynet, and 9 times out of 10 you'll have an answer

:)

Matt

zoog 06 April 2003 08:25 PM

I guess it was on the scene early and built up a critical mass of members/posters, then it just snowballs.

alcazar 06 April 2003 08:35 PM

I've had answers to questions I've posted, within 15 minutes of posting, tips that saved me ages, e-mails asking for help with electrics, and spirited discussions. Oh, and don't forget those "coffee all over the keyboard" moments:D:
I really look forward to switching on for the next day.
Alcazar

super_si 06 April 2003 08:55 PM

They take the mickey when i ask computer question.

Bugger getting a book with the knowledge on here :D

south-star 06 April 2003 08:59 PM

Seriously....how easy is it to start a forum?..a small one at that.

mj 06 April 2003 09:10 PM

Why not ask the Fountain of Knowledge, he'll answer your question :D

GaryK 06 April 2003 09:14 PM

Si,

And you keep coming back for more dont ya??? Anyway you cant ask your lecturers can you cos they dont know feck all!!! :)

Gary

J4CKO 06 April 2003 09:24 PM

I wish I hadnt discovered it, I was only looking at buying a Scoob and ended up hooked, still havent got one due to People Carrier commitments, could have had a P1 for the same money !

My turn next though....

Dougster 06 April 2003 10:00 PM

SS why bother when you have www.audi-sport.net

thecirsch 06 April 2003 11:58 PM

Here are a few reasons why I like Scoobynet:

1) I came on here when I was buying the Scoob (Terzo). Since then I've made a new circle of friends (Halfway House every month, when I'm not working!!).

2) When I did eventually find the right car, the previous owner was on here and we've been communicating ever since. He was able to give me loads of history about the car. There was no way we would have ever done this as he lives in Ayr and I live in Essex. (LO Gordon!)

3)I've asked various questions and have always got a response. On one occasion I was asking a question on the Computer Forum about printer leads. One of the responders sent me a lead he had FOC. (Thanks DJDUNC, I still owe you that pint :D).

4) And theres always the Scoobie in the lake question :p :D :D

Ed

MarkO 07 April 2003 09:19 AM

Scoobynet does it for me because:

a) The non-scooby bits are very entertaining.

b) People on here are so easy to wind up, but still give as good as they get. :p

c) I met a lot of people through the Impreza community back in the latter half of the 90s, a large number of whom are now good friends. Since they hang around on here, it makes sense to stick around. :D :cool:

d) It's better than doing work. ;) :D

Leslie 07 April 2003 11:19 AM

Scoobynet is alive :D

Les

darlodge 07 April 2003 12:45 PM

Youd need more than just A server, a High speed connection, Software and a moderator to make a good BBS. You need people:D

Darren

south-star 07 April 2003 04:55 PM

Audi sport net......not much traffic mate.

CarpetCleaner 07 April 2003 04:59 PM

better than Trisha or Kilroy for people who are in between jobs, can't get a job, don't want a job

people can hide behind usernames and say what they feel unless they are like me in which case my boss found at my handle

super_si 07 April 2003 05:00 PM

gary,

Go blow a goat :D