ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   HKSubaru's old car in Esher/Hinchley Wood? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/195662-hksubarus-old-car-in-esher-hinchley-wood.html)

Andy Tang 05 April 2003 03:28 PM

I was in the DBM 4-door in front of you! :)

M0NEY 05 April 2003 04:12 PM

Thats Will Gill. He lives in Esher and will be joining us for the surrey meet (hopefully) :D

willgill 07 April 2003 08:08 AM

yep lucky you saw me b4 or after I exploded (all fixed now) ;)

Fulham71 07 April 2003 11:20 AM

you sure it wasnt Toby Meech's car ;)
they bear an uncanny resembleance !

willgill 07 April 2003 11:52 AM

ah I remember now driving up towards the A3? funnily enough my car blew up about 10 minutes later after a fast encounter with a 911 ;) no biggy just needed a new header tank, impressive explosion though!

Andy Tang 07 April 2003 01:15 PM

I was at the Ace of Spades valeters, and thought I need to go to New Malden, so I went towards Surbiton, down by Thames Ditton, towards the Scilly Isles roundabout and back up towards the A3 and up to New Malden! (Rather than just join the A3 from the Hook roundabout!) :o

It's amazing with such a fast car, journeys seem to take so much longer!! ;) ;)

Lunchie 07 April 2003 02:04 PM

Hi Andy

Do you recommend those valeters? I drive past them every day on the way to work, as I live not too far from there. They usually have some nice cars in.

Lunchie

(sorry for the thread hijack!)

Kingsize K2 07 April 2003 02:13 PM

I have the same problem with my car! These 5 minute journeys taking far longer :rolleyes:

I should rent space off the garage in Hinchley Wood, the amount of time I spend there :D

Andy Tang 07 April 2003 02:36 PM

Lunchie,

I have taken all three of the Scoobs I've owned there!! (and even the Golf GTI once!! :o)

They are ok, and £14 (although I think they undercharged me!) to clean inside and out is fine!!

I think it costs £14 for a medium sized car, and £18 for a large car/MPV/4x4. It varies as to which one they charge you for!! :o They seem to remember me, so it's normally £14!! ;)

Try to catch them when they are not busy and they do a better job then! ;) If there's a queue, carry on driving! ;)

Hope to catch you at the Surrey meet
Andy

willgill 07 April 2003 02:46 PM

yeah those guys are pretty good, leave your car there for the best results, I usually use the guys at Tesco's down the road, £8 inside and out really can't grumble for that sort of money :)

Lunchie 07 April 2003 03:16 PM

Thanks.

Yeah - Hopefully see you on Sunday!

Krade 07 April 2003 04:25 PM

Wots wrong with doing it yourself???

Much more satisfying spending a sunday afternoon doping it your self than paying the handwashers to do it.
Plus it sure beats watching grand Prix thses days

Lunchie 07 April 2003 04:49 PM

Normally do it myself, it "just in case!"

Lunchie.

P.S. This w/e's GP was far from boring!

Kingsize K2 07 April 2003 05:26 PM

Yeah Krade ;) Have to agree that "doing it yourself" is far better, esp. when the sun is out. Washing it over the winter a couple of years ago resulted in ice forming on the roof before I had a chance to clean it. That wasn't fun...

But, the GP was great this weekend (unlucky DC ;) ) Guess these new rules will certainly make for interesting watching this year. Such a shame Schumacher went off :D