ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   More noise please (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/194747-more-noise-please.html)

terzo42 04 March 2003 07:08 PM

steve i meant change them yourself or get someone other than your dealer to do it then your dealer would never know and warrenty wouldn't be an issue

[Edited by terzo42 - 4/3/2003 7:09:26 PM]

SiDHEaD 02 April 2003 10:34 PM

What can I do to make that lurvly scooby sound louder, without killing my warranty?? Will this make it drink MORE fuel?? LOL!

I have an STI/P1 backbox, which has a nice purr to it at low revs, but no roar :)

Havent bought anything for car for a few weeks :D

Andy

RON 02 April 2003 10:35 PM

Downpipe or centre section should do the trick, if you wanna keep some form of warranty do the centre

SiDHEaD 02 April 2003 10:45 PM

I was thinking new centre. I assume to keep warranty a main dealer have gotta supply and fit it?

cheers
Andy

mista weava 03 April 2003 07:13 AM

trouble is with the warranty eh?

decat gives lovely noise plus pops! have to wait til it expires dude!

weava

jasetheace 03 April 2003 02:10 PM

i have blitz full zoost on my p1 and its really loud....
no better noise than that for me......

terzo42 03 April 2003 05:12 PM

why cant you change the dp and centre then if you need to take the car in for a warrenty issue put the standard stuff back on ,its hardly gonna be a regular occurence and the sound you get is awesome, just a thought:)

Steve777 03 April 2003 05:40 PM

All depends on your relationship with the dealer

My Sti 8 has Firestorm BB, Centre decat and straight through reasonator replacement pipe.

The Firestorm is made by Scorpion who make the PPP BB and centre section so haow can they really argue. Plus the dealer fitted it

I think people get too hung up over exhaust mods providing you have kept the basic elements then there shouldn't be a problem.

Very Confusing :confused:

Tiny 03 April 2003 05:55 PM

Oh yes i go with the FIRESTORM as well !!! Is it to loud? ( pardon!!)

Steve777 03 April 2003 06:13 PM

I see.

I was actually answering the original thread, but yes i understand what you are saying.

SiDHEaD 03 April 2003 07:52 PM

THanks for your ideas. I'll go see my local dealer tomorrow see how friendly they are. IMHO they should be fecking friendly after i just paid for a 60k + cambelt + got them some warranty work and also took out the extended warranty.

Hmm spose i best buy me some tyres first :D, no harm in planning ahead though :p

Andy

ragnarock2 03 April 2003 08:00 PM

I thought the Firestorm was made by TSL - or do they get Scorpion to make them for TSL?

Woz 04 April 2003 07:29 AM

I just stuck a Prodive BB, purchased 2nd hand on here. Bit of
a polish and its as good as new...and the sound....perfect.
The car rumbles, nice and throaty, but only on acceleration.
Get to 4000prm, and the car is in opera mode (as it should)

I bought the Prodive to avoid warranty probs (As I've just extended too), and I do lots of motorway cuising, and there is no boom, just a nice rumble to compliment the wind.

BTW Its louder than the P1 box...

[Edited by Woz - 4/4/2003 8:30:11 AM]

Squizz 04 April 2003 09:56 AM

Andy...

Alternatively, to put you off the idea and save you some cash, you could have a ride in my car with non-resonated 3" centre section to 5" tailpipe. :eek:

Sorry mate, you'll have to speak up - I'm a bit "Mutton Geoff". :rolleyes:

SiDHEaD 04 April 2003 07:55 PM

Rik:

something that loud might not be for me as I do 80 miles per day :D

I spoke to my "local friendly dealer" today and he said to put a ScoobySport centre section on.

Re: warranty, he just said leave the first cat in and if i want to change the ECU go prodrive only!!!

Ah well, got some paint to be done first but then i'll get it sorted.

Andy

jasetheace 04 April 2003 11:46 PM

well mate if you go for blitz you get a bung for it that brings the noise down alot...then take it out again when you wanna let everybody hear you....