ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Is green an unlucky colour for a car? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/193769-is-green-an-unlucky-colour-for-a-car.html)

Krade 31 March 2003 04:33 PM

In my Family as long for as I can remember, I have always been told that green cars are unlucky.
Thinking it was unique to my family I asked a few other peps if they had heard of so called unlucky green for cars.
Quite a few said yes.

If Green cars are unlucky why did Britain take on the Racing Green as its colour?

Has Green been an unlucky colour for you or are there any other colours that are considered Unlucky???

stevem2k 31 March 2003 04:43 PM

My missus had a green 106 that was surprisingly difficult to sell for this exact reason.

For my own perspective the only *unlucky* cars I have ever had have been yellow.

Steve

rik1471 31 March 2003 04:45 PM

For some reason my Great Nan won't have green in her house :confused:

Maybe she's just senile ;)

Crush 31 March 2003 04:45 PM

Yes!

I have had 2 light green (pepperminty) cars, and both have developed stupid annoying problems, but seemed fine when I test drove the feckers [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

It's not very relaxing driving down the motorway shouting at your car cause it keeps falling to bits :D

My next car is gonna be purple & orange. Will gloss paint stick in wet weather? :D

Recaro 31 March 2003 04:49 PM

I dont buy green cars due to my old man he had two greens cars and were both difficult to sell and very unreliable. Dont really like green cars anyway.

Katana 31 March 2003 05:10 PM

Nope. Its just an ugly colour for a car.. :D

GM 31 March 2003 05:21 PM

My mother and grandmother both believed green cars were unlucky. I can remember my mother being horified to discover that the metallic yellowish Datsun Cherry she'd just bought was actually "Mustard Green"!

A friend wouldn't even get into a green car because she thought they were unlucky.

BuRR 31 March 2003 05:28 PM

You know you love it Kat :D

Just imagine it with red mudflaps :D

Nick VR4 31 March 2003 05:29 PM

Had one green car Vaxhall Magnun (not the lolly) for you youngers here ;) its was like a old viva with slight diff styling and a 2.3 litre lump in
Had all sorts of trouble with it another green car your aving a laugh NO fanks

Katana 31 March 2003 05:43 PM

You know you love it Kat

Just imagine it with red mudflaps
Nope. It'll still be ugly.. :D

*Avoids santa pod for the next 5 meets* :D

what would scooby do 31 March 2003 06:16 PM

Seen as "luck" does not exist, how can a car be "un-lucky" just because the pigments in the paint reflect light of a certain frequency into your eyes ?

paulr 31 March 2003 06:21 PM

Green sucks:(

Mark Miwurdz 31 March 2003 08:03 PM

.......which probably explains why I can't sell my frickin' car.

workshy_fopp 31 March 2003 08:38 PM

Is green an unlucky colour for a car?
No. That'd be white you're thinking of.

j_p_h 31 March 2003 10:40 PM

My families always said to me never buy a green car. So what do i go and do ? Youve got it went and bought a green fessy si when i was 18. Only had it 11 hours and totalled it.

Then a couple of years back i bought a green calibra turbo i had it 6 weeks and some crazy women in a bloody metro drove straight into it in a car park. She caused 6 grandsworth of damage.

So yes green is unlucky well to me. Thank god my cosssie was grey and my scoobs red lol.

Sideways 01 April 2003 06:01 AM

I would never have a green car because I also believe they are unlucky. :D

malvinas 01 April 2003 06:36 AM

I wonder if you believe that somethings unlucky it makes you more likely to behave in a way that MAKES something happen to it. I'm not taking the risk- no green for me. Plus they are hard to sell.

scooby_si 01 April 2003 07:15 AM

there was a list of the statistics of car crashes by colour on the back of 1 of my subaru dealer mags a while back dismissing the green is unlucky fernominan :D
Si (with his green machine:p & my good looks make up 4 any ugliness :eek:lol)

lpski1 01 April 2003 08:31 AM

green was unlucky for me, green scoob write off. doh!! :( I have never had the same colour car twice, so wont be getting green again.

fast bloke 01 April 2003 08:36 AM

If there were any stastical basis for green being unlucky do you not think insurance companies would have picked up on it as an excuse to fleece people... erm I mean, provide realistic loading?

BuRR 01 April 2003 08:43 AM

Is this an April Fools thing? ;)

red_dog104 01 April 2003 08:58 AM

I have bought my first green car. Avoided them like the plague before because of the unlucky stigma but i've had no problems with it so far! Also apparently, green car = genius owner?!?!?! Not in my case though!!!!

alcazar 01 April 2003 08:58 AM

Not an April Fool thing, AFAIK, it comes from an old superstition that green BOATS were unlucky.
My family comes from Grimsby, which used to be the largest fishing port in the UK. Green boats were considered unlucky there, and had been for 100 years or so, well b4 cars were around.
Alcazar

BuRR 01 April 2003 09:03 AM

Do you lot avoid walking under ladders and tripping over black cats? :)

red_dog104 01 April 2003 09:08 AM

LOL, I do! Also have to do ritual chantings if I see a single magpie, to reverse the bad luck thingy!!! :D

BuRR 01 April 2003 09:20 AM

You're all just "green" with envy ;)

lpski1 01 April 2003 09:35 AM

unlucky for sailors as green denotes a wreck !!

lpski1 01 April 2003 09:40 AM

Its a Scottish thing then the green myth :D

Leslie 01 April 2003 10:22 AM

I reckon the car's luck depends on the driver it gets rather than it's colour :)

Les

M J B 01 April 2003 10:36 AM

my old man got a green van yesterday and look what was on the drive today!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/viper-uk/green.JPG

lmao :D