ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Let The Wench Drive (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/191740-let-the-wench-drive.html)

Bukem Damo 25 March 2003 09:52 PM

Just got to say, i let the wench have a go of my wrx 3 at the weekend. I made a promise (probably when drunk) to let her have a go before i sell it at the end of the month. Drove it ok i think for first time, i was still a bit nervous though.

Wenches Quote "When i pulled away and i thought this is alright, put my foot down and i nearly S**T my pants"

Anyone else let there other half's drive?

Damien.
(How do you get smiles and stuff in the text?)

brett555 25 March 2003 10:00 PM

Hey bukem ... let her see this message you posted about her and see how happy she is ...!

brett

Bukem Damo 25 March 2003 10:20 PM

It's ok i call her The Wench to her face. She knows whose BOSS!

Bukem.

pele 25 March 2003 10:27 PM

I let my Husband drive occasionally :D VERY occasionally :D :D

-=Buzz=- 25 March 2003 10:56 PM

my missus drives our/her scooby for work every day, ive got a company diesel! :rolleyes:

I get to go in it at weekends when it need filling up......

Bukem Damo 25 March 2003 10:59 PM

I take it you wear the trousers then.

I've tried to encourage my other half to get a scoob, but she says it's too big of a car for her and she'll look daft behind the wheel. Got her heart set on a little Lupo GTI. aaaaarrrrrr.

Bukem.

Blobster 25 March 2003 11:05 PM

Let the wife drive? :rolleyes:
That's a good'un. :)

simb 2 25 March 2003 11:06 PM

Mine said the same, said she'd find it hard parking the thing, blessing in disguise I suppose.:D

pele 25 March 2003 11:12 PM

I don't wear trousers all the time, I do wear skirts sometimes ;)
Parking it is no problem, in fact I find it easier to park than I did in my Clio, he is crap at parking & tends to use the kerbs to bump off of! :D

Bukem Damo 25 March 2003 11:13 PM

Apparently when i get my STI 6 (hopefully in a couple of months, in time for NBO) i said she could have a go of that too.

Going to have to lay off the drink.

Bukem
ps still don't know how to get little smilies on txt.

Blobster 25 March 2003 11:21 PM

Bukem Damo (murder one?)
Click on the 'edit message' icon on any post with smilies to see how they're done.
:)

SuperFlyGuy 26 March 2003 08:22 AM

Ye...she mithered me to death (even tho she always complained it "hurt her neck" when accelerating) so in the end I gave in.

She tootled around, changing gear at around 1500rpm and I thought "what the hell is she doing????"..."Give It some woman....."

She buried the throttle in second, the familiar turbo build up began with all the associated noises, the car lurched forwards and a millisecond later she jumped on the brakes and said "oohhh....it scared me....I dont like it".

Perhaps a good thing then really 'cos she will never want to drive it again

cheeseboy 26 March 2003 08:27 AM

All the time :) Long trip through Germany last year... Feeling a little tired so let the better half drive. She says to me that she was not comfortable driving at high speeds on the autobahn, so no matter - I fall off to sleep. 20 min later I wake to see the needle over the 200kph mark - she just smiles at me and I go back to sleep. :D

Comfort and trust factor are pretty high now.

Imp Jay 26 March 2003 07:38 PM

the wife drives mine everyday, but im lucky in the fact that my 3 year old daughter is there to keep an eye on her!!

she lets me know everything.

The_Lizard 26 March 2003 08:41 PM

My other half crashed my Outback twice, I drive it now.

STI SPUD 26 March 2003 08:55 PM

Never let my hubby drive my STi7 !! Anything over 50 MPH scares him to death :eek: - still he's better of in his landy nice and slow and covered in mud !!!:)

grabber 26 March 2003 09:06 PM

must be a bit of a rarity but dare i say it , my misses is one of the best drivers i know, and she can paralell park with about 5 inches spare in one go, fcuking amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
p.s she blasted up to 120 on the test drive, dealer near shat himself

[Edited by grabber - 3/26/2003 9:55:06 PM]

TimboMY03 27 March 2003 09:45 AM

A now EX-girlfriend drove my mint 97 Mica Green with prodrive/speedline mint gold alloys back in 1997 whilst I was haveing an intence job interview (half my mind on the interview, half my mind on what she was upto in my car). Interview over, feeling slightly stressed had a ciggie looked around the car couldn't see any obvious damage everything was cool. Dropped her off on the way home, got home myself and noticed that both alloys on the near side had been badly and I mean badly kerbed by about 50% around!!! Her story was that she'd parked in an end bay in a car park away from other cars and on reversing out had an argument with a kerb! Never again, I mean it, never again...

PS. didn't get the job either...

TimboMY03

chockymonster 27 March 2003 09:58 AM

My dearest wife (in case she's looking) drives "our" '96 wrx to work every day.
On a test drive in an RB5 she had the back end out going around a roundabout!! I trust her judgement and she drives the car as it should be driven

Jay m A 27 March 2003 10:08 AM

Pah, I wish my GF would drive mine properly, but she hardly ever wants to get behind the wheel :( All I want to feel is the 'passenger effect' full bore 2nd through 3rd into 4th but every time it comes on boost she backs off saying its too scary...fair play to her if she's not confident. I thought maybe she's nervous because I'm in the car, so I suggested she drives it on her own. She came back saying the steering is too twitchy and the gearbox is too close together, bless :)

Toerag 27 March 2003 12:01 PM

My GF takes her test on April the 1st :eek::eek::eek:

The_Lizard 27 March 2003 12:16 PM

Going to try something here - see if I can link to an image I have on an Outback list:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/.../doording1.JPG

If it works, I'll add a description and another image.

The_Lizard 27 March 2003 12:20 PM

Great, glad to know I can do that.

Very well then, the door dink above came when my other half spun on glare ice and crossed paths with a Lexus.

And this one happened when she hit another car (Cavalier, BTW) making a left turn in front of her. This was a $6,000 out-of-pocket repair. Donations accepted.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...ks/wrreck1.jpg

As I said, I drive the car now. In fact, tonight we will drive from Ohio to Florida. I hope to tease you lot with tales of sun and sand.

chockymonster 27 March 2003 05:30 PM

You know you're on to a good thing when she starts a list of mods she wants to do to the car!
Top of the list are 18" alloys, STi V or VI spoiler, new ecu, Defi's
She's even started a car modifying bank account :)

Lizard, can't see those pictures, I'm guessing it's a private board?

The_Lizard 27 March 2003 05:38 PM

I see the pictures, maybe you have to be a member of that group to view them.

I'll try putting them somewhere else, let me get back in a while.

The_Lizard 27 March 2003 05:54 PM

Right, let's try this then:

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=202655

Not a very happy start to a photo album, but I can add more later.

Fat Boy 17 January 2016 04:02 PM

Mrs Fat Boy regularly drives my car (566bhp P1). What's the issue?

The Pink Ninja 17 January 2016 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Fat Boy (Post 11783768)
Mrs Fat Boy regularly drives my car (566bhp P1). What's the issue?

You're 13 years too late :lol1:

Yoxi675 17 January 2016 08:41 PM

The wife drives my 315bhp wrx occasionally. It worries me that she has asked where the rear wash wipe is (saloon) but drives it well

BoozyDave 17 January 2016 10:43 PM

Why bump a 13 year old thread????