ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Attention Scooby drivers in portsmouth and surrounding area, you may wanna take alook (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/186628-attention-scooby-drivers-in-portsmouth-and-surrounding-area-you-may-wanna-take-alook.html)

Philnoad 11 March 2003 09:01 PM

New Gatso speed camera!

If your leaving portsmouth city centre and joining the motorway you will notice a petrol station on the left, just around that area they have just installed a new Gatso Speed camera today! They were wiring it up as I went past so expect it to be active VERY soon! This could save you points on your licence ;)

Phil

G-NASHER 11 March 2003 09:03 PM

Thanks for that m8

Philnoad 11 March 2003 09:06 PM

Yep, I'm glad I noticed it, as i usually go past there at about 90!!!! er, Km/h of course! :)

Tim Bomford 11 March 2003 09:14 PM

We saw it yesterday....vandalised! shame eh.....

Philnoad 11 March 2003 09:22 PM

yeah it is a shame *cough*

IPALMER 11 March 2003 10:45 PM

cheers for that, i'll have to hold back a bit before i hit the motorway. :)

Bondy 12 March 2003 09:39 AM

Cheers M8

I'll try and get down there at the weekend with the snooper and upload the new site.

sunshineVII 12 March 2003 01:31 PM

And apparently cops have been spotted with mobile traps at the end of M275 southbound just after you go into the 40mph on the Mile End Road - too easy to cruise over the flyover up to the roundabout over the limit.....

SeepyScoob 12 March 2003 01:55 PM

I've seen that one. Hidden in the back of a transit and round the corner were half a dozen fuz on bikes ready to give chase.

However it was during morning rush hour so not too much business for them, dum a*ses!!

mista weava 12 March 2003 04:05 PM

thank you kindly - bel550 on the list, but better to have inside info ;)

weava (isle of wight)

Stu_WRX 14 March 2003 05:17 PM

I think you will see one on the opposite side soon too. They have been installed there because several people have been killed there crossing the road.

There is often an rozzer on a bike on the left there as you go into pompey, you will see a little specially made platform there.

My mate was followed out of pompey the other day, stuck to 40 all the way and then let loose up to 70 right on the start of the motorway, he was pulled for dangerous driving!!! Rozzers got the ump cause he wouldn't stop his Turbo Timer when they told him to switch off. Losers.

STI SPUD 14 March 2003 05:34 PM

Been riding round pompey today and found another 2 new cameras - 1 is on the Eastern Road the city side of the Harvester just before all the houses on the right, camera is on city bound carriageway. The 2nd one is just before the traffic light juction by the navy yard entrance going out of the city. I can't for the life of me remember the road name - sorry :rolleyes:. They are still covered in plastic and cardboard at the moment but I am reliable informed that they go 'live' next week.

Take care !!

Rach

IWantaScoobyNow 14 March 2003 05:42 PM

I best keep an eye on them too. I come from Bristol but travel to pompey a few times a week as I run a site down there. I know the garage in question. Will look out for the camera.
Dont usually take the scooby but even in the focus i best be careful.
Thank the lord for snoopers.