ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Hello - New Boy here (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/183321-hello-new-boy-here.html)

goonasuk 03 March 2003 09:10 AM

Hi chaps and chappess',

Just thought I'd introduce myself - Me names Marc and currently drive a Vox Calibra Turbo and am considering chopping in for a Scooby but not sure yet.

Will be browsing these forums to find out if the hype is true

Laters

Marc

Scoob99 03 March 2003 09:12 AM

From a vauxhall to a Scoob......No contest:D

TheScooby 03 March 2003 09:14 AM

Hype? What hype?:p

Velcome, hope you enjoy your stay:D:D

Upgrading from a vauxhall to a scooby is like going from a cap gun to a nuclear warhead:D

goonasuk 03 March 2003 09:25 AM

I'm not definately changing - the next few weeks are crucial to whther or not i keep my car

Slight Turbo problem if sorted and running sweet then Phase kits here I come :p

Brun 03 March 2003 09:51 AM

That'll be fun, if you do that. Instead of spinning in the first three gears, you'll be able to spin it up in the others ;)

terzo42 03 March 2003 09:56 AM

hey mate welcome to sn, my advice wud be have a go in scoob and im sure youll find a huge difference compared to the vaux i used to have a 16v gte and although fast in a straight line it just wasn't on the same planet as the scoob in any shape or form,it was a lot cheaper tho:cool:

goonasuk 03 March 2003 09:59 AM

Had a go in a few Scoobs already both Turbo AWD ;)

And they have a different feel - one BIG reason i think is cos of the age of the cars aswell - both have been fairly new (i.e. less than 4 years old in comparison to my 10 year old Vox)

My car is no slouch tho - its the 4x4 2.0 16v Turbo - so cant compare that to GTE in anyway shape or form. 0-60 is 6.4 secs!!

I already know a few members on here.

[Edited by goonasuk - 3/3/2003 9:59:43 AM]

Big Daz 03 March 2003 10:13 AM

I sold my 280 bhp Calibra Turbo and bought a UK Scooby Turbo and It feels much faster 0 -60 and MUCH more reliable but mpg has gone down significantly

Big Daz

goonasuk 03 March 2003 10:15 AM

Reliability is one thing that is a BIG plus in favour of a Scoob....

But I feel I must give my car another chance to prove it can run right - and if/when it does then 320 BHP here i come :p

If not I'm gunna be on the hunt for an AWD Turbo Imprezza :p :p

Phil Harrison 03 March 2003 10:22 AM

Hey - no slaggin-off that Turbo Calibra: it has 205PS and AWD!! Used to have one, and loved it to bits!! Could've picked it up from the Lease company for under £8K and didn't - Mistake:( True, it didn't have the kick in the back the Scooby does: but it was a rapid and capable vehicle and very stable at 151mph (indicated) (Statute of limitations coupled with 5th amendment applies ;))

Goonasuk: Yep you'll like the Scooby even better :):);) How much have you got for the trade - guess that Calibra ain't worth too much now :( Get yourself a PPP'd car if you can - 2/h STi7/PPP pick of the bunch, but pricey.

Phil

goonasuk 03 March 2003 11:12 AM

Calibra trade is worth £1570 according to Parkers :(

Will get more cash breaking it

Engine £1000
Tx Box £300
Leather £400
Alloys £100
Konis £300 (these are less than 500 miles btw)

Thats over £2k without any other bits like clocks, computer, etc etc

Phil Harrison 03 March 2003 11:57 AM

BTW Marc.... don't suppose yours is a silver L 466 FKL (or similar) one is it..... there weren't that many Turbos - ca 1400???? Would be a coincidence.....

Phil

IanW 03 March 2003 12:14 PM

Me names Marc and currently drive a Vox Calibra Turbo and am considering chopping in for a Scooby but not sure yet.
Nothing to do with when I took you out in mine perchance Marc? ;)

goonasuk 03 March 2003 12:51 PM

Phil - no thats not me mine red L*** JN*

IanW - nah!! :)

BTW - Boost problem has been fixed (I think)

[Edited by goonasuk - 3/3/2003 12:52:19 PM]

goonasuk 20 March 2003 03:17 PM

Looking at one tonight :p - Decided to take the plunge

Wish me luck

greg.g 20 March 2003 04:36 PM

RIGHT DECISION:D:D:D

Greg

Steve001 20 March 2003 05:01 PM

hi there:D and welcome

whilst your introducing yourself get down to your local petrol station for an introduction, coz you will be spending a lot more time there ;):D:D

goonasuk 20 March 2003 09:06 PM

Guess who jsut bought a T plate MY99 Impreza Turbo 4 Door

Yep I DID :p

bigsinky 20 March 2003 09:14 PM

good man welcome to the club. what will be your first mod then?

cheers

big sinky

ps get her clean the post some piccies in the members section so we can all have a look!

msp1 20 March 2003 09:20 PM

Welcome aboard, is the car standard? If it is first mods got to be c/c skirts wedges, clear indicators/repeaters and loud (but not too loud to annoy the neighbours) exhaust for starters. Only problem is you'll have no money left for fuelhttp://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/Zoom.gif

Mike

goonasuk 20 March 2003 09:27 PM

dont know about mods yet - got to pick up on wednesday

enjoy it for a bit then see ;)

j_p_h 20 March 2003 10:06 PM

Well done m8.

I use to own a cally turbo on a n plate. Was my first turbo'd car and loved it to bits. Unfortunanly some silly old bint wrote it off as she drove straight into me in a car park grrrr. Got a cossie after that and now me scoob.

Good luck with the car and have fun.

Carl Davey 23 March 2003 03:12 AM

Mr Whites Subaru sales pitch wins again, feck, it aint even a proper pitch. Ian, you could definitely make a career out of selling these cars if the new career falls through! ;)

Nice to see you here Marc, i know THREE :eek: people here now! :D