ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What's the worst CD/album you've ever bought? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/182833-whats-the-worst-cd-album-youve-ever-bought.html)

STi-Frenchie 01 March 2003 01:38 PM

Pink Floyd - Animals

JapSport 01 March 2003 01:42 PM

Generation Swine - Motley Crue

What a let down..

NotoriousREV 01 March 2003 01:45 PM

Gran Turismo by The Cardigans. Listened to it once, never been listened to again.

mj 01 March 2003 01:49 PM

some sh1te by the B52's after hearing love shack while under the infuence of morrocan woodbines - total dross.

Ray_li 01 March 2003 01:51 PM

Britney. Why oh Why

Mufasa 01 March 2003 02:17 PM

Moloko I am not a doctor.

Listen to it once, straight back to HMV....
"Can I exchange this please?"
"Why what's wrong with it?"
"It's sh!t"
"Yes no problem!"

ChristianR 01 March 2003 02:41 PM

Fast and the Furious soundtrack

Popeye P1 01 March 2003 02:59 PM

Katana wanted to lend me his village people and Erasure albums. Sry mate but not my cup of tea thanks. Each to their own mind you. LOL

XT 01 March 2003 03:05 PM

A tribute to Guns n' Roses - Various(untalented) artists
heard only one song for 20seconds, and off to the closet

Flat 4x4 01 March 2003 03:38 PM

Mayfield (Curt Smith, ex Tears for Fears).

Him and his mates in his garage. Sure someone was changing their plugs as well... awful.

Roll on the new TFF album in the summer!

AllanB 01 March 2003 06:04 PM

First Fat Boy Slim album, 3 decent racks and the rest was utter rubbish. I mean rubbish !

AllanB

Crush 01 March 2003 06:09 PM

Any rap record. I don't know how i used to be able to listen to that sh!t :rolleyes:

Marky-San 01 March 2003 10:06 PM

Last 5 Yngwie Malmsteen albums. Some moments of brilliance shadowed by total indulgence. Latest album tries hard though.

mike_cf5 02 March 2003 02:08 AM

hey crush gimme ur rap collection if u dont want em!!

and i have a whole box full of abysmal purchases
including
beautiful people - marilyn manson (major embarasing)
whitetown - your woman (one hit wonder complete ****)

awful - i will get round 2 melting them one day

Little Miss WRX 02 March 2003 06:23 AM

Jesus Jones album, that was pretty dire.

TheScooby 02 March 2003 07:32 AM

WWF The Music - Volume 5. WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?

J4CKO 02 March 2003 11:40 AM

Alan Parsons Project....

Funkii Munkii 02 March 2003 12:33 PM

Tin Machine, w@nk!

Crush 02 March 2003 09:16 PM

hey crush gimme ur rap collection if u dont want em!!
Sorry, I already gave them away to a mate. Some of them were quite expensive & Limited editions. But I got a bit tired of listening to some guy moaning on about his crappy childhood & 12 gauge shot gun :D ;)

If i ever buy another rap album, I'll be sure to give it away to you though :D

Kevin Mc 02 March 2003 09:26 PM

Pink Floyd - Animals ? I beg to differ - an excellent album. :D

Suppose it's a matter of individual taste - I bought Coldplay - Parachutes, heard about the first 3 tracks, got bored, still sits in its case about a year later.

Not quite the worst - that was a cheapo compilation CD of 80's New Romantic stuff from Boots.

LeeMac 02 March 2003 10:20 PM

Gran Tourismo by The Cardigans is a great album

one of mine was Bill and Teds adventure soundtrack execpt for one track, got a load of others tho

STi-Frenchie 03 March 2003 06:50 AM

Kevin Mc, I agree, it's all down to individual tastes. Funny thing is I was thinking of buying Parachutes ! :)

Another dud for me was Radiohead's OK Computer. Got raved about in the press but got one play on my CD player and then filed under "oops, let's forget that just happened" :)

Funkii Munkii 03 March 2003 07:05 AM

Sti Frenchie

OK Computer is top draw, you have to like a bit of the miserable and moody to get into in, and suffer it for about 4 plays then it gets into your head, although borrowing from a Dylan title Subterranean Homesick Alien blow me away when I first heard it Paranoid Android is a classic to name but one spawned from that album, well apart from Fitter Happier which still does my head in, as much as I admire and respect (I do really) the talented Mr Hawking, a rock star you are not, stick to your theories :D:D

brickboy 03 March 2003 09:20 AM

Good thread this ...

Probably the most disappointing album for me was PWEI's "Cure for Sanity" ... the previous album was soooooooo good and "Cure" was so lightweight.

The worst for me is Throbbing Gristle's "20 Jazz Funk Greats" and it didn't cost me anything, got it from a contact who was getting rid. For an album that's raved about, it's the most laughable piece of crap ...

Kevin Mc 03 March 2003 09:28 AM

Another dud for me was Radiohead's OK Computer.
I think we'll have to swap all our duff CD's :D - that's another excellent album! :D

Same as cars (and everything really) - life would be very dull if everyone liked the same stuff. :)

Jodster 03 March 2003 09:45 AM

Oasis - Standing on the Shoulder of Giants. So disappointing after a long wait.

jbryant 03 March 2003 10:17 AM

Latest Coldplay album. Liked the single so put it in the car CD changer and havn't managed to get past track 3 or 4 yet. Music Dirge :(

Then again, I'm sure loads of you love it!:D
Joolz

andrewdelvard 03 March 2003 10:21 AM

Fatboy Slim - Live on Brighton Beach.

Ugh.

STi-Frenchie 03 March 2003 10:25 AM

LOL Kevin, a swap seems like a good idea !

STi-Frenchie 03 March 2003 10:30 AM

Just remembered another one...Apple Venus by XTC. I've never liked the band and to this day have no idea what on earth possessed me to buy the CD!