ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   isnt mr bond milking it a bit (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/182624-isnt-mr-bond-milking-it-a-bit.html)

StiShrek 28 February 2003 05:38 PM

Saw him on the news and he is being a bit pathtic IMHO.

Ok mistaken identity and he has was held in a gaol for 2/3 weeks and now he is saying he feared for his life and thought he would never get out.

Obviously seeking a massive payout from the american government.

Other ppl endure far worse than he (British POWs in japanese camps) and do not cry like a baby to the media.

Sorry to sound so harsh but it made me resent his pathetic bleeting.

Men fought/died on the beaches, on the land, in the air etc etc........

Just my 2p worth as someone else says.

Luke 28 February 2003 05:41 PM

Good luck to him

StiShrek 28 February 2003 05:43 PM

good luck to him indeed but no need to sound so pathetic on the news.

Perhpas i was being cynical and all i saw was someone doing a good act for the camera.

Or is it because i am from the school of hard knocks and want ppl to show some backbone!

Katana 28 February 2003 05:48 PM

Other ppl endure far worse than he (British POWs in japanese camps)
So what you're saying is that the Jews didn't suffer in WW2 Nazi Camps? What about the Japanese Americans that were tortured just for being Japanese?

Luke 28 February 2003 05:49 PM

And he went on Holiday... the soilders went to kill.

scooby-new 28 February 2003 05:49 PM

locked up for 3 weeks in a South African prison and harrassed by the ~Americans?????? I would want a lot of cash for that - 3 weeks is a very long time to lose your liberty and be interrogated in what is almost a 3rd world country by some of the most unpleasant people you will ever meet!!! You are talking millions in damages to my mind. Good luck to him those Yanks are B*stards when it come to this type of stuff- no protection under the Bill of Rights for foreigners. FCUK the USA!

StiShrek 28 February 2003 06:36 PM

Fair enuff he is old and has a heart condition but millions??????

Did the POWs get reparations. Did they fek? Or the Jews!

That is libellous Katana implying i said that stuff. I will sue you for a couple of million...cheers!!

Katana 28 February 2003 06:36 PM

Then I will countersue. :D

Luke 28 February 2003 06:44 PM

I will fukk sue is she wants...

neilbbb 28 February 2003 06:48 PM

he may be overdoing it..but he has just spent 2 weeks in jail.....i would sue the fbi for all i can get

paulr 28 February 2003 06:55 PM

StiShrek..i agree.

Trucker Ted 28 February 2003 07:07 PM

Do you think he said to his captors,
"Do you exshhhpect me to talk?". :)

Katana 28 February 2003 07:08 PM

Maybe he told them that he'll die another day..

Scooby_Loo 28 February 2003 07:27 PM

lol @ Katana, that was a really bad joke but I couldn't help laughing :p

I agree with you, scooby new. Fair enough, he was an ickle bit pathetic, but wouldnt you be if you thought you would never see your family again? And you hear about all these nasty stories about prisoners being beaten up, sexually assaulted etc, he is a pensioner ffs.

Fcuk the Fcuking FB Fcuking I. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Loo

negri 28 February 2003 07:42 PM

this guy should milk it for all its worth . you put your self in his place and you would be same . three weeks in a **** hole jail , not nice at all . whats all this talk of pows ? totally different imo. the fbi should have sorted this out much sooner !! im against people claiming lefrt right and centre but this guy should take them to the cleaners !

Mark Kwiatkowski 28 February 2003 08:10 PM

Maybe he should call claims direct when he gets home

StiShrek 28 February 2003 08:12 PM

I would negri perhaps but with a bit of dignity rather than breaking down.

If you see the POW interviews on the 'world at war' they keep a stiff upper lip.

Katana 28 February 2003 08:17 PM

Yeah right. How would you know because you weren't there man..

edit: first guy to get the refference wins a prize.

[Edited by Katana - 2/28/2003 8:18:40 PM]

J4CKO 28 February 2003 08:17 PM

LOL !

unfortunate his surname is bond, saw him today on breakfast news, looks like the wily old get is hamming it up thinking he could provide big style for his family, and why not !

The ammount of cash that would see him right is peanuts to the FBI and I think 500k should cover it, at the end of the day it was only a couple of weeks and to be honest I would put up with it for a big wedge.

StiShrek 28 February 2003 08:23 PM

too right jacko

so i am not being too harsh after all

i agree with his motives but not the big song and dance

[Edited by StiShrek - 2/28/2003 8:23:38 PM]

The_Gza 28 February 2003 08:42 PM

Give the guy a break [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I really don't think you can appreciate the effect it would have on the poor guy. Comparing his plight to that of POWs is disingenuous - he's 72 year old Rotarian FFS [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

*shakes head*

Scooby_Loo 28 February 2003 10:46 PM

If it were me I would cry.

Fcuk that for a laugh.

paulr 28 February 2003 10:58 PM

The point is he was innocent and KNEW he was innocent.Obviousy it was only a matter of time before he was released.

Everyone is always looking for compensation for something or other.

Popeye P1 28 February 2003 11:27 PM

I think shrek is saying it was 3 weeks in Prison not bloody 10 years. It was a case of mistaken identity. Can't we just accept sh*t happens? And why give him even a million for 3 weeks in Jail??? Even that guy who got wrongly jailed for 30 years didn't receive that much.

Then again if that happened to me I'd be rubbing my hands with glee thinking of a new Ferrari or GT2 Porsche. LOL

TopBanana 01 March 2003 01:28 AM

Personally, I'd go all out for as much compensation as possible. He was clearly affected by it - he's no spring chicken.

FBI - famous but incompetent

scooby-new 01 March 2003 07:32 AM

have you ever been locked up?? 3 weeks is a fcukcing long time to be locked up in some stinking 3rd world prison cell. How much are recurring nightmares, extreme discomfort and the thought that even though you know you are innocent that somehow you might end up here forever? Stranger things have happened- oh and the fact that South African prisons have a very high incidence of male rape and a lot of the inmates are HiV positive.
He deserves to have the balls of those agents on a plate never mind a few mill......if it was America he'd be getting that for spilling a cup of coffee on himself. Poor bloke take the *******s for all you can

Scoob99 01 March 2003 08:52 AM

Yeah fcuk that for a laugh, good luck to the old boy, hope he sues the arse off the FBI.
Cheers
Colin