ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Valentines Flowers (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/180366-valentines-flowers.html)

scooby stu!! 22 February 2003 03:56 PM

hi all,

i bought my g/f 12 yellow roses for valentines from the henley florist costing £60.00
when they arrived they were very poor quality by the end of sat
they had big brown marks on the petals so monday g/f phones florist
to complain, florist went balistic said well your not getting a refund dah de dah de dah,so the flowers were given back to her tue morn she the phoned g/f at work and started shouting down the phone at her anyway it was agreed that she would get
some more and we would pick them up today went in this morning she comes out with 12 of the poorest looking roses i have ever seen slaps them on the counter screws a bit of paper around them so g/f asked is that it are you not going to do them in a bouquet like we paid for? she said i dont have to give you anthing so we left the flowers and walked out,

anyone got any advise or know what to do next

sorry if its a bit boring

Stu ;)

DJ Dunk 22 February 2003 05:09 PM

Complain louder !! I complained to Interflora about their botched delivery and they asked me how much money I wanted refunded :)

scooby stu!! 22 February 2003 05:24 PM

wish i had got them thru interflora but i ordered them direct from the shop and she is refusing to budge doh!!

rr_ww 22 February 2003 05:42 PM

Go to her shop and when shes busy with a customer pour pestcide over everything. Inside and outside.

Wont get your 60 back but make you feel better!

Or maybe not;)

evo kid 22 February 2003 05:45 PM

just tell every one you know your story ()dont forget the bigest gossip yo know )word will soon get around , that that hop is crap and the misserable owner will lose hundreds in the long run , remember, if you keep this thread near thetop plentyof people will see it

scooby stu!! 22 February 2003 06:06 PM

cheers guys what i need are some ideas from astraboy!!

Stu;)

moomin 22 February 2003 06:14 PM

Florists are thieving barstewards:(. You'd think they only open one day a year the prices they charge.

Have a dump in a burger box and post it through the letter box............it should be strong enough to disguise the usually pleasant floral smell come Monday morning;):D

Spend the day collecting slugs, snails, greenfly etc and attack the external display!

By far the best would be to add food colouring to the water the flowers are in. See how many roses she sells when they are black! :D:D:D

asifR 22 February 2003 07:08 PM

bad news m8.......

i ordered from nextflowers.......cheap and good quality!

scooby stu!! 22 February 2003 10:58 PM

bttt for bad publicity

scrap 23 February 2003 12:20 AM

Mention 'Trading Standards' to her, that might make her buck her ideas up a bit, or even try your local newspaper?!

DavidLewis 23 February 2003 03:47 AM

I never buy flowers anywhere near Valentines day. Save your money and buy her flowers all other times :)

TheScooby 23 February 2003 05:49 AM

The best (or worst:D) advertising is through word of mouth. What a crap flower shop:rolleyes:

scooby stu!! 23 February 2003 12:55 PM

bttt

carl 23 February 2003 12:56 PM

Had a similar problem once with some roses from Flying Flowers. I think they cost me 40 quid, and were sh1te. When I complained, they gave me a free bunch of flowers, which were 25 quid on their website [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I wrote them a snotty letter, and didn't get any reply. That was the end of them getting my custom [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Dracoro 23 February 2003 01:57 PM

Go in when they're really busy. Hopefully they'll recognise you and want to keep you quiet and may give you decent flowers or a refund. They don't want a fuss whith lots of potential customers there. Bad PR etc.! good luck.

scooby stu!! 23 February 2003 11:05 PM

bttt

chiark 24 February 2003 08:40 AM

Try trading standards. If you paid by credit card, you also have some protection. And if you didn't pay by credit card, well... Do next time ;)

Dunk 24 February 2003 09:21 AM

What's the florists name ?

D

scooby stu!! 24 February 2003 09:35 AM

the florist is "The Henley Florist" in henley-on -thames

Femme*Bot 24 February 2003 10:01 AM

I've used flying flowers before and had the same problem! Won't be using them again - and i defiantely won't use the Henley florist - sounds like a complete loony!

wideboyuk 24 February 2003 10:03 AM

I had 12 roses delivered from Tesco for £32 on Valentines day and they are STILL looking good!

Femme*Bot 24 February 2003 12:56 PM

You need to make sure that everyone knows about her and her crap service - Tell your friends etc...

DrEvil 24 February 2003 02:05 PM

Scooby Stu - doesn't matter if you go them through interflora or not, if the shop is a member of Interflora, ring them up and complain about the services etc.. explain you saw the Interflora logo and felt safe in the knowledge they must be a grade A florist.. etc...

Just a thought....

Andy Tang 24 February 2003 02:25 PM

Tescos were very expensive!

Waitrose had a huge selection, even though it was 4pm when I went there! 12 long stem red roses for £16.95 and they looked better than some of the ones I saw turn up at the office (even though they probably cost 3-4 times more!!! :eek:)

dan4 24 February 2003 03:16 PM

I had 24 red roses delivered to the missis on Valentines day and they were ok, but not the best. Called the company I used and without a fuss they asked would I like my money back or some more. I asked for some more and they were much better. What a change to have some first class customer service!
As for your problem, you could buy your a girlfriend a really nice new bunch of roses from a competitor. On the way home pop into the problem shop and in front of all her customers show the florist what a good boquet looks like, pointing out to all her customers where you got them from. This is a little expensive as you need to buy another set of roses, but you get revenge, the gf gets some nice roses and the florist gets pi$$ed off!

scooby stu!! 24 February 2003 10:36 PM

bttt again