ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   VOB conversion to VCD/SVCD (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/179653-vob-conversion-to-vcd-svcd.html)

Chris@Excal 20 February 2003 01:37 PM

Can any body help me???
Been trying to convert .VOB files so that I can burn a VCD or SVCD.
Am not getting anywhere with them, have used DVD2SVCD and extracted and reconfigured the sound etc. Just can't get the last bit where I use TMPEnc to rebuild them. When I try to use it, it will not recognise the D2V and AC3 files.
Does anybody have any clue what I am going on about, and can they help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, Chris

Andy Tang 20 February 2003 03:12 PM

In TMPGEnc:

Go to: Option|Environmental Setting|VPAFI plug in

Right click on 'DirectShow Multimedia File Reader' and select 'Higher Priority' setting it to 2 or 3.

Mine wouldn't see AC3 audio until I did that!

Hope that helps! :)

S55 HOT 20 February 2003 08:38 PM

Have you tried vcdhelp ?

Chris@Excal 21 February 2003 07:37 PM

Andy, tried that and no joy, also thanks for the VBcd help, but that is where I got the instructions from in the 1st place!!!!!! Will try again on the home PC and see if this is where I have been going wrong!
Thanks and any more comments appreciated!
Chris

Hanley 24 February 2003 08:47 AM

Chris

The best place for guides on this sort of thing is Doom9

Cheers

Paul

InvisibleMan 24 February 2003 01:32 PM

FlaskMPEG is also pretty good

Chris@Excal 24 February 2003 02:31 PM

Will look at Doom, thanks. Just got a copy of Flask, do you have any expereince of using it?
I tried to convert the 1Gb .vob and ended up with a 23GB movie with no sound, think it was because I did not go for the MPEG format, but kept it uncompressed!! Any suggestions please?
Andy, tried changing the settings weighting, but no joy.

InvisibleMan 24 February 2003 04:29 PM

got txt files on the optimum properties but havent got that far

only 350mhz :rolleyes:

have you only just done this? 23gb, how long did it take & what cpu?

[Edited by InvisibleMan - 2/24/2003 4:29:49 PM]

Chris@Excal 24 February 2003 04:37 PM

Running an athlon 1200, 256 memory, so no great shakes. No idea how long it took, as left it overnight, but we had a powercut Sat night, so file is there but no idea how long it took! Think when I started it, the task bar was showing about 2 hours to complete.
Will try again this evening and report back!
Chris

InvisibleMan 24 February 2003 05:03 PM

has anyone converted a standard 1gb vob file & was it done all in an evening?

Chris@Excal 25 February 2003 08:54 AM

Right, managed to convert a 1GB vob file, to a 1.2GB Avi. Used Flask, took about 2 hours. Now all I need to do is convert this to a VCD/SVCD! But at least this step is out the way. I used Mpeg4 Codecs for the Video and one of the Microsoft Codecs for the sound. All plays well as well so am well happy!!
Chris

InvisibleMan 25 February 2003 09:35 AM

mate would be cool if you could email me what you did & the settings cos its taking me days, but then it is only on a 350mhz so im sure its gonna take much longer

InvisibleMan 25 February 2003 09:42 AM

one thing to be wary of though, you have to have a vcd compliant avi else it has to convert it to the correct format oh and to split the file so you can get it on a cd.
Ive probably does this wrong too as vcds seem to be way less efficient that a standard avi

Andy Tang 25 February 2003 10:12 AM

Just the easy bit left now!

Here are some instructions from VCD Help on how to convert the avi to mpg in order to make VCD/SVCD's.

Instructions are step by step with pcitures! :)