ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   What can you send back to emails offering Bigger Wangers? (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/178945-what-can-you-send-back-to-emails-offering-bigger-wangers.html)

andrewdelvard 18 February 2003 02:18 PM

Seriously I'm getting sick of these emails. God knows what curse I invoked to recieve as many as I do. But revenge...Can be sweet. What can I send them to somehow get my own back?

mj 18 February 2003 02:30 PM

do what i did - send em' a picture of the "old man".
never bothered me since:D

andrewdelvard 18 February 2003 02:33 PM

Ha! Ha!
I don't believe you! Did you?....Really?

stevencotton 18 February 2003 02:34 PM

If you respond to _any_ spam you are just confirming your email address works and they will send you more.

Steve.

andrewdelvard 18 February 2003 02:38 PM

Yeah I realise that, I just want to have some fun.

mj 18 February 2003 02:41 PM

no:D, but if I had a massive tadger that would be my first approach;)

ProperCharlie 18 February 2003 02:41 PM

the only solution is www.mailwasher.net

this allows you to bounce back their mails. if everyone did this there wouldn't be any point in spam anymore, therefore it would eventually stop.

only slight problem is lots of spam comes with an invalid return address. some ISPs are looking into the possibility of configuring thier servers to reject all mail that does not contain a valid return address.

charlie.

Tiggs 18 February 2003 05:44 PM

responding to spam/junk mail/cold calls is pointless. the ppl calling/spaming/mailing do it every day to millions of ppl, they get thousands of daft responses and dont give a toss...they still make money otherwise they wouldnt do it.

just ignore it, anyone who thinks that stuff like leaving the coldcaller on hold is gonna reduce the caller to tears and make them quit is somewhat mistaken!

T

AndyC_772 18 February 2003 05:48 PM

I agree that email spam is best ignored and deleted.

Junk phone calls can actually be prevented - register with the Telephone Preference Service, the lesser known equivalent of the Mailing Preference Service that deals with junk mail. I just don't get junk calls at all :)

A.

EvilBevel 18 February 2003 06:18 PM

Charlie, Mailwasher works OK indeed, and the big advantage is that you can delete/bounce without actually downloading the emails.

That said, the spammers don't even care about bounced mails, I had mails from addresses I have bounced to about a dozen times now.

Downside: I have by occasion accidently deleted emails that were genuine but were marked as spam because someone on the same domain is "dodgy".

When an email addy gets into their lists, it's best to close it down and start a new one from time to time. A pain, I know, but when you get about 100 of them per day, it gets very tiring of trying to sort out the good/bad/ugly.

scooby nutter 18 February 2003 07:35 PM

I usually send some back to the original email addy where it came from.10,000 mails usually does the trick.
be sure to send a nice attachement with each mail;);)

[Edited by scooby nutter - 2/18/2003 7:37:02 PM]

andrewdelvard 18 February 2003 08:23 PM

I usually send some back to the original email addy where it came from.10,000 mails usually does the trick.
be sure to send a nice attachement with each mail;);)
I'll send a few pics of my car
http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/...iggthumpup.gif

Sheepsplitter 18 February 2003 08:54 PM

I had an offer from one of these adverts today. It talked about the opportunity to extend my penis by 2 inches. The trouble is what would one do with a 14" penis? I suppose I could wrap it round my neck and use it as a scarf, it's a bit chilly out.

chiark 18 February 2003 09:05 PM

...any doubts about your username's origin have just disappeared :)

Kosy 18 February 2003 09:16 PM

lol :D