ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Styling (https://www.scoobynet.com/styling-36/)
-   -   Swissol polish, Anyone use regularly ?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/styling-36/174471-swissol-polish-anyone-use-regularly.html)

Baby Blue 05 February 2003 11:56 AM

Mark Underwood told me to just wash the car at least once a week and add a layer of wax one a month.

Towards the end of summer, try building up the wax by applying fortnightly to protect over the winter.

:D BB :cool:

sillysi 05 February 2003 12:06 PM

As BB,

I wash my car once a week and full wax once a month or every other week leading up to winter. I use the cleaner fluid twice a year once around april when the ****e weather has passed then end of Septemeber. Works for me.

Si.

Sideways 05 February 2003 12:07 PM

When you rewaxed it did you use the paint rubber again just to get any spots off then wax, or just waxed it and they came off ?
I do like the idea of polishing it weekly to get some serious shine :D

Jas

NeilT 05 February 2003 12:28 PM

Jas

The idea is to prepare the car by using the paint rubber, cleanser etc to get all the impurities off of the cars paintwork then seal it with the teflon wax. Following that all you will need to do is use the car bath regularly to take the surface dirt off the car.

An additional coat of wax every month is certainly a good idea.

The wax is just the icing on the cake, the real work goes into the preparation.

Hope this helps

regards

Neil
www.scoobyworld.co.uk

Sideways 05 February 2003 01:17 PM

Thanks Neil and where's my bag ?
Spoke to Wendy as my zip wouldn't work and she was going to send me a new one. :)

NeilT 05 February 2003 02:01 PM

I'll get a new zip sent out to you :D - just kiddin, I'll find ut whats happened to the replacement bag

Sideways 05 February 2003 02:31 PM

Thanks Neil :D

sillysi 05 February 2003 02:36 PM

How has the word ****e been altered to ****e in my reply?

Si.

Sideways 06 February 2003 10:37 AM

Sillisi because you must write sh1te instead of ****e. The BBS will asterix it otherwise fcukknows why :D

Jas

sillysi 06 February 2003 10:59 AM

Jas,

Cheers, I had never seen it do this before.

Si.

Mark Underwood 06 February 2003 01:53 PM

sideways... I have emailed you!

Sideways 06 February 2003 02:51 PM

Thanks very much Mark, very helpfull. YHM back also.

Cheers Jas

Sideways 02 May 2003 11:52 AM

Having just purchased a Swissol polish starter kit I decided to use it yesterday. ( its the Teflon polish )
Really pleased with the results. In the book it gives you advice on how to get the best results, but doesn't seem to mention aftercare. Does the whole process need repeating every time (i.e paint rubber, cleaner fluid then wax, or is it possible to just use the paint rubber then wax straight away, if its been done before ? Or maybe just wax again and again to build up some coats ?

Any advice from anyone using this regularly would be appreciated on how to get the best results.

Cheers Jas

[Edited by Sideways - 2/5/2003 11:53:04 AM]