ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   How much can u rise fuelpressure? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/174445-how-much-can-u-rise-fuelpressure.html)

Denmark 05 February 2003 10:45 AM

Hi All,
Iīm at the end of my my99īs 440cc injectors (95-97% duty):(
the Q is how much can you rise the pressure without going static still using a 1:1 rasingrate FPR?.

thanks
Skassa

PS:Who was that had the used/flowtested 550cc phase ll injectors for sale???

Denmark 05 February 2003 12:19 PM

Thanks John,

Iīm currently using the oe lamdasensor for mapping, and it mapped for 0,89-0,90volt logged on my PClink.
The strange thing is that after instaling the manifold,there is now showing a reallylean spot at 2700/3000rpm.

from 3500rpm and up it needed some extra fuel.(exspeted)

I would realy like a wideband that can put out a 0-1v scale for use with the PcLink.(One that is accurate).;)
I donīt thing the rise in FP would be okay ones the frontmount goes on, so i can probely just as well buy thoose 550cc:D

Thanks

Skassa

dowser 05 February 2003 12:34 PM

Skassa,

You've the Tezet design headers, right? Fill the lean spot and the spool point will come down a bit :) How do you find them?

However, I got caught out once using OE lambda doing this - no matter how much fuel I threw in, it kept getting leaner. Lambda started failing same time as new headers went on...damned bad timing ;)

I run my injectors at 95% with no apparent problems. But I do have 550's waiting.

Richard

Denmark 05 February 2003 01:16 PM

Richard,
I donīt know if itīs tezet design,but itīs the one thatīs on supersprint.comīs side.
I will fill in the lean spot and see how it goes,
Right now itīs making 1bar at 3000rpm :D
I canīt really feal a diff,but iīm sure itīs becourse i had it back to standard for 2month(MOT time and then the wait for the manifold).Now it just flyes:D
The exhaust note has changed and the hiper is more pleasent to listen to:D
Iīm still waiting for my knocklink and inletpipe from MRT,iīm now on my 2th month of waiting:(.(i will wait with the mapping til i get the things from AUS and just drive careful,the weather and all)
I have thought that my OE sensor is about to fall( I thing itīs acting strange).

Skassa

john banks 02 May 2003 11:24 AM

Pavlo had some 550s.

Apparently the rising rate FPR is more like 1:1 unless you get the motorsport version which is supposed to be a genuine 1.7:1.

A genuine 1.7:1 at 1.5 bar boost should give you approximately 3 bar plus 1.7*1.5 = 5.55 bar, which is a differential pressure of 4.05 bar.

This should give you 100*((sqrt (4.05/3))-1) = 16% more fuel.

I would not be averse to hitting 90% injector duty cycle at peak power. Also consider using a wideband to know you are not wasting fuel. I am running 11.8:1 at present and it works well with a FMIC at 1.5 bar.

Effectively you would also get about 16% more fuel if you put the static fuel pressure up to 4.05 bar.

I don't see the issue with mapping around a rising rate if you use a flat boost curve. If you taper it things will get more interesting. But injectors over 550cc are expensive.

[Edited by john banks - 2/5/2003 11:26:37 AM]