ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   Unlucky Arsenal !! (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/172241-unlucky-arsenal.html)

ash1 29 January 2003 11:56 PM

What goes round comes round, the debate over whether it was a corner or not makes up for that cheating Dumbo Jeffers.

And I was most pleased to see O'Dreary having a good sulk on Sky -Niall was just taking ther piss out of him for 10 minutes.

STi wanna Subaru 30 January 2003 12:30 AM

Well done 'pool!! owen should have killed it off but I'll settle to a point...............for Arse............Come on Man U!!! ;)

Henry is pure class though and simply frightening!!! :eek: almost the best player in the world............

ash1 30 January 2003 06:28 AM

Henry is the best player in the world, he's got the lot IMO. If his team had a better World Cup I'm sure he would have got that FIFA award ahead of Beaver Ronaldo....

I said to a mate that we needed to hang in there in the first half and not concede another.

Don't think Arse should be too disappointed though, still room for us to do Arsenal a favour by beating ManUre later this year.....

Bajie 30 January 2003 09:35 AM

Lets hope so.
I've got Liverpool and Man U fans sitting next to me.
Might become a hooligan in a few moments :D

Fantastic game apart from the "incident".

STi wanna Subaru 30 January 2003 09:43 AM

Zidane IMHO is the best player in the world. His game is complete.

Ash..........almost a whole post without mentioning Utd. The therapy must be working :p ;)

ash1 30 January 2003 10:34 AM

Therapy ? I look for reactions and thats why I usually get....its either you or your pal Swin, he's not biting

Was so impressed with Arsenal last night, they are an awesome outfit. We just about held on and knew that the second half would be a different game. By far the best team in the Premiership and must be up there for champs league this time round.

dharbige 30 January 2003 12:56 PM

By far the best team in the Premiership
They didn't look that way at Old Trafford...

ash1 30 January 2003 01:29 PM

You're right - but 1 bad game in 20 odd games is not bad is it ?

SwinYE5 01 February 2003 09:22 AM

Even I had a sneaky 1 second cheer when that great donkey Heskey nodded home his third goal in the Premiership this season. What a prolific rate that man has!

And yes, O'Leary was getting right on my fukin' nerves after the game. What a bitter ****. He just wouldn't have it would he? Fair play to Niall. At the end of the day, we're talking about a controversial decision that led to a corner FFS, not a penalty! Whinging gooner tw@ts as ever.

ash1 01 February 2003 10:08 AM

I know its not like they didn't have a chance to clear the corner and then the subsequent cross into the box. We got cheated for a penalty which is a more a clear cut opportunity to score.

How much time did Dreary go on over the same point, think Richard Keyes tried to step in but he wouldn't leave it alone. Credit to big Niall for putting Dreary down. Bitter sod.

As for Heskey, I have been one of his critics, but he's been pretty awesome in the past few games, down to a couple of things IMO (1) He is not being pushed out to play a wingers role and is more comfortable down the middle. (2) The managers comments on a clearout this summer.

Gooner 01 February 2003 10:11 PM

Arsenal, Simply the Best!

P1Fanatic 01 February 2003 10:17 PM

lol at ash!

You're right - but 1 bad game in 20 odd games is not bad is it?
So losing to Soton 2 weeks before, and Blackburn and Everton shortly before that is 1 bad game?

Dont get me wrong, they are the best team in terms of consistency this season. Looking forward to Aprils rematch and the FA Cup 5th round match at OT in 2 weeks time!

Simon.

Fulham71 04 February 2003 05:43 PM

I think Arsenal got their share of luck on Saturday ;)