ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   VCD creation help required (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/171735-vcd-creation-help-required.html)

Bravo2zero_sps 28 January 2003 11:24 AM

Trying to create vcds. However it seems some of the files I have are divx avi's and when I check the properties of these files they are in audio format of mpeg layer-3.

Now these files play fine in windows media player etc but need to be converted to mpeg for the vcd. I have used various software and the video converts fine but nothing will convert the audio! I just get a muted mpeg file.

How do I convert avi files that use mpeg layer-3 audio to an mpeg file that will have sound?????

Please help as I am running out of ideas as to what to try next. Oh and the software I have been using in TMPGenc. Very good software but has the same problems as everything else I have tried with mpeg layer 3 audio :(

Any help will be much appreciated!

Rob Walker 28 January 2003 11:34 AM

When i've done this in the past I've used VirtualDub to extract the
audio to a .wav file and use that as the audio source in TMPGenc.

if I remember correctly in virtual dub select Full Processing Mode in the audio tab.. then set the format as No Compression (PCM)
then there is a conversion tab and you set your output rate as 44100hz. Then select Save Wav from the file menu.

Hope that helps...

Bravo2zero_sps 28 January 2003 11:54 AM

Nice one Rob, just trying that now exactly as you have said. Will let you know what happens. :D

Bravo2zero_sps 28 January 2003 12:19 PM

Yep that works! Rob cheers for your help m8, nice one! :D

Andy Tang 28 January 2003 12:27 PM

A step-by-step guide on how to use TMPGEnc

TMPGEnc and VirtualDub are both Freeware, and all the links for download is on the link above.

Bravo2zero_sps 28 January 2003 12:31 PM

Cheers Andy! One for the favourites folder I think! :D

sammyh 28 January 2003 12:48 PM

Bob, did you get the stadium ok?

Bravo2zero_sps 28 January 2003 02:10 PM

Hi Sam, yes thanks m8, emailed u earlier. I owe you one m8!

Bravo2zero_sps 29 January 2003 12:33 PM

OK another problem has occured. I have a film with the following details:-

Created by Avi-Info 0.6

[misc]
No of CDs: 2

[video]
Codec: DivX;-) MPEG4 v3
Bitrate: 1284 Kbit/s
Width: 640
Height: 352
Fps: 23.98

[audio]
Codec: AC3-Digital
Bitrate: 438 Kbit/s
Channels: 5 (surround)
Samplerate: 48,000 Hz

Now the video plays fine in Windows Media player but no sound. DivX cant even play the video and just closes as soon as you try to open the video. TMPgenc and VirtualDub wont read the audio either. Is it because it is to do with it being Mpeg4?

What software can I try to get the audio to play?

Bravo2zero_sps 29 January 2003 03:06 PM

Sorted it! :D Google is a wonderful place ;) Got some great new players and codecs. Problem was the ac3 codec. Need this installed for many of the new divx films.