ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Small things please small minds..... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/168583-small-things-please-small-minds.html)

Little Miss WRX 18 January 2003 03:19 AM

....so this is why this made me smile.

I recently pulled into the Shell garage near to where my parent's live. Normally there are kids who hang out there, nothing better to do than abuse the passers by, drinking, smoking and generally causing trouble.

A few of them were standing around near to the pumps and all looked up when I pulled up.

As I got out of the car to fuel up, one of them cautiously came over.........baseball cap the right way round. ;)
I heard him clear his throat and he said to me: "You have nice car there lady."
I replied: "Thank you very much."
He then said: "I bet that goes fast."
I replied: " Just a bit yep, it is lovely to drive."
He went on and said: "That sounds awesome, looks the bollox too."
I just grinned, then went to pay for the petrol......
When I came back he shouted: "Miss, can you put ya foot down when you go so we can hear it?"
I said: "Seen as the car is warm, I will do just that."
He replied: "Cool miss, thanks!"

I obliged and put my foot down as I went past them to give them full benefit of the flat four growl and exhaust with a big grin on my face. :D
Edited to say by this time I was on the main road, not coming out of the petrol station as I had to go round and out to get to where I wanted to go. LOL :D

[Edited by Little Miss WRX - 1/18/2003 3:20:00 AM]

scoob_dood 18 January 2003 03:28 AM

Can't fault them for admiring the car...

... I have lost count of the number of times I have switched off the car radio, and wound down the window for the sounds of TVR or such like!

- Jon

ChrisS/P1 18 January 2003 03:28 AM

Sounds like every second day of my life.

Would I ever sell my P1. Answer no, NEVER.

Chris.

(PS. I have to fill up every 2 days. Refuse to go below 1/4 tank and only seem to get 180 miles out of the 3/4)

Little Miss WRX 18 January 2003 03:34 AM

I certainly get more attention in the B than in my old silver scooby. :)

It is really nice when you get that kind of respectful admiration and interest, especially off one of the "known" trouble making kids of the town. ;) :)
None of them came too close to the car, so I didn't feel uncomfortable, no bad language was used and they were very polite.................for once probably. LMAO. :D

ChrisS/P1 18 January 2003 03:37 AM

Sounds like every second day of my life.

Would I ever sell my P1. Answer no, NEVER.

Chris.

(PS. I have to fill up every 2 days. Refuse to go below 1/4 tank and only seem to get 180 miles out of the 3/4)

Little Miss WRX 18 January 2003 03:38 AM

I heard you the first time. :p ;)

ChrisS/P1 18 January 2003 03:39 AM

Oops, double post. Sorry.

Little Miss WRX 18 January 2003 03:42 AM

:D It happens to us all. :D

Scot123 18 January 2003 03:48 AM

When I was that age I admired a Volvo 340 GLT. OK I'll get me goat. Sorry coat.;)

ChrisS/P1 18 January 2003 03:52 AM

Each to their own.

Little Miss WRX 18 January 2003 03:52 AM

Personally, I prefer sheep to goats... ;)

ChrisS/P1 18 January 2003 04:55 AM

Yea,well sheep have more h...s

But why a girl would interested in that, i'll never know.

ImprezaWRX 18 January 2003 08:37 AM

I often ask my self to drive off fast so I can here the sound of the flat four http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/aha.gif

Think i must be a little sad even when I see other scoobs feel as intrigued http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/hyper.gif as those youngsters, and i drive one lol..

Mick........

jameswrx 18 January 2003 10:05 AM

I got asked to do this by a bunch of kids, I pulled away gave it a bit of throttle to please them, then slowed, then the police(sitting in a side road) pulled me over and I recieved a lecture which went something like[scottish accent]; "Do you think you can control a car accelerating like this sonny, do you think your a hero showing off for your friends" - friends?! wtf:rolleyes:
I wasn't even speeding, I just accelerated hard.
The only saving grace was(when he was spouting this) he left his hand in my door shut and the door slowly swung shut onto his hand!:D
The policewoman he was with genuinly looked embarrased by his behaviour.
Then a bunch of men (in their 30's or so) walked round the cars in the road to get passed, he shouted at them to get out the road (really nastily too), and one of them answered back, quite rightly, next thing he's arguing with them and calling for backup!. I slipped off as the wagon arrived.

James

chrisp 18 January 2003 12:55 PM

Same kids, same shell station, same request a few months back :D.

Strange no request when I fill other motor up there :D.

Fuzz 18 January 2003 01:42 PM

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadid=167734

:D

Andy

ScoobyWon't 18 January 2003 02:01 PM

nothing better to do than abuse the passers by, drinking, smoking and generally causing trouble.
Well you were in the same pub as us and you did offer us a lift! ;) :p

Miles 18 January 2003 03:01 PM

It's good driving a car at which when seen by small boys, they stop and point.

Happened to me earlier today :D :D :D

Little Miss WRX 18 January 2003 03:16 PM

[

Well you were in the same pub as us and you did offer us a lift!
The lads I am on about were better behaved than you bunch of hooligans. :p

ScoobyWon't 18 January 2003 03:22 PM

;)
Pointless me denying it! :p

S.B. 18 January 2003 03:24 PM

:D

Little Miss WRX 18 January 2003 03:27 PM

It's good driving a car at which when seen by small boys, they stop and point.
You'll get a reputation... ;)

DAZ6151 20 January 2003 02:14 AM

I'm 24 so still feel like one of those hooligans but when i do get looks and points it's always a bit dodgy as am much more likely to drive aggressively, even if for just a few secs but all the more fun.

Darren