ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Poll - Who has ditched New Labour? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/168311-poll-who-has-ditched-new-labour.html)

cjones944 17 January 2003 11:36 AM

A quick strawpoll. If you voted Labour in the 2001 election but have since changed your position so that you no longer support them, please reply to this thread with a brief answer i.e. ME, yup yes or whatever

Please don't discuss issues in this thread. It is just to get a feel for how many people have changed their position since 2001.

Cheers

Zedhead 17 January 2003 12:19 PM

Very much so.

Pete Croney 17 January 2003 02:20 PM

What about those of us that didn't want them in, in the first place?

marty_t3 17 January 2003 02:21 PM

likewise... didn't vote for them last time, won't vote them this time.

what would scooby do 17 January 2003 02:39 PM

I didn't vote for or against last time, this time I will be voting against !!

Katana 17 January 2003 02:44 PM

I voted them in 2 elections ago. Never again..

fatherpierre 17 January 2003 02:45 PM

Couldn't be arsed to vote last time but would have voted Labour if indolence hadn't stepped in.

What alternative, though?

I'd never vote Tory and the Lib Dems are a bit wet.

Clarebabes 17 January 2003 03:01 PM

Never voted for them in the (nearly) 13 years I have been able to. This has been instilled into me by my parents I guess. They told me stories of the 3 day week and I remember the power cuts we used to have etc....

Hanley 17 January 2003 03:11 PM

Will never vote Labour again

Devil's Refugee 17 January 2003 03:20 PM

Won't be voting for them.
However, with the current "competition", I doubt I'll be voting at all.

south-star 17 January 2003 03:24 PM

So you wont be voting Labour.....WHO WILL YOU VOTE for then?

Popeye P1 17 January 2003 03:56 PM

I gave them a try first time round but will never vote that idiot in again.

Jerry* 17 January 2003 04:07 PM

Never voted for them.... heard lots of awful tales from my parents about the past...

Now I've seen it first hand for myself as an adult - I never will either..

Don't rate IDS though.. Willy Hague was a good bloke and new his stuff... used to love how he ran rings around Blair in Parliament :D:D His 2001 election campaign was a bit thin though.

Everyone called Hague a plonker - but is Tony really that great a bloke ??

Nah...Labour are sh1te !!

[Edited by Jerry* - 1/17/2003 4:08:09 PM]

Crush 17 January 2003 04:25 PM

I've never voted Labour, I don't intend to either!

alcazar 17 January 2003 05:27 PM

Won't be voting Labour again for a long time.

skipjack 17 January 2003 05:38 PM

didn't vote for them, never voted for them, never will vote for them.

at the ballot box in australia, i understand you can tick a box marked "none of the above" if you want to register your displeasure other than by simply abstaining. this way, government and public have a statistical way of judging the level of voter dissatisfaction. i gather it has also helped ensure consistently high turnouts at elections and reduced abstentions.

typically practical and sensible of the aussies and a highly democratic addition to the process of government. after all, how can govt fix it if they don't know it's broke?

would love to see this in place here: but can you imagine blair inviting a measurable and official self-inflicted punch in the face from the electorate? i think not.

normarker2 17 January 2003 08:44 PM

Excellent
Right then, who wants to join the soon to be formed "None Of The Above" party

Carlos The Jackel 17 January 2003 08:54 PM

LOL i've seen the "None of the above party" mentioned before:D They would deffo get in in Scotland - All the parties are shocking - -theres not even a Monster Raving Loony party anymore!!

dazc2 17 January 2003 09:31 PM

No to labour
No to Conservatives
No to Lib Dem

:(

Who are we gonna vote for? :confused:

Sheepsplitter 17 January 2003 09:44 PM

Have to admit to being conned by Blair, but never again!
I know it's not much of an option but I will vote Conservative next time, just because even they would be a better bet than the current mob.

Hos 17 January 2003 10:14 PM

never voted for them & won't be voting for them..

pslewis 17 January 2003 10:33 PM

I voted them in

I would vote for them again OR deface my ballot paper

What I WOULD NOT do is NOT vote, good men and women died so we COULD vote - now, whether you like Labour or not you owe it to them to AT LEAST cast a vote, defaced or not!!!

In truth it IS ONLY Labour OR a wasted vote - the rest dont even square up

Pete

Popeye P1 17 January 2003 11:14 PM

Pete- LOL you really have proved what a true gimp u really r.

What good men/women died so we could vote??? I think WW2 was about Freedom not the ballot box.

Sheepsplitter 17 January 2003 11:18 PM

I owe labour nothing.
They have betrayed the British public.
There is a massive swing against labour because the public has finally seen Tony and his cronies for what they are.

pslewis 17 January 2003 11:22 PM

Popeye - your stupidity never fails to amaze me sometimes :rolleyes:

You would have had the right to vote under the NAZI's would you?? Doubt it mate!! so they actually DID die for freedom, the freedom to vote, to complain, to chose who we want to lead us AND as you prove again and again - to be Village Idiots ;)

Pete

Popeye P1 17 January 2003 11:49 PM

so what freedom have we to vote- Labour or Tories?

pslewis 17 January 2003 11:51 PM

Lib-Dem, BNP, Independant, Stand yourself?? Shock horror!! actually do something!!! :eek: careful now - its far easier to moan and whine!! ;)

Pete

Popeye P1 18 January 2003 12:14 AM

You should get out more Lewis.

pslewis 18 January 2003 12:24 AM

Nah, I have had my life - what amazes me is you lot on here every moment of every day (just like me) BUT so, so, so much younger!!

Its the life YOU are wasting worrying about MY life that worries the life out of me ;)

Pete

Jye_0 18 January 2003 12:20 PM

penislewis, perhaps some people work with PC's as part of their job, or AS their job. Or shock horror people use PC's as a leisure pursuit unlike you who use it purely to troll and aggravate people with your half baked drivel. Now run along and build some more missiles so brave men and woman all over the work can loose their lives. Fool.

restrained editing, grrrr

[Edited by Jye_0 - 1/18/2003 12:22:20 PM]