ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/)
-   -   clifford vs sigma (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/168289-clifford-vs-sigma.html)

pbee 17 January 2003 10:14 AM

Euro import no alarm fitted as standard, i cant decide between a sigma m30 as per what is fitted to the uk cars, or going for a clifford 400 / 500.

Sigma is circa £200
clifford 500 is £500

now for £300 extra you get blackjax and proximity sensors. but is it a good thing to go for the same alarm as the uk cars ??. Im having a tracker monitor fitted as well so do I just save the money and go for the sigma ??.

TonyBurns 17 January 2003 04:31 PM

I'll put your mind at rest, just get the clifford, correctly installed you wont need to worry, the sigma on the other hand isnt an alarm i would personally fit to a scoob.....

Tony:D

dave cos4x4 17 January 2003 09:42 PM

Clifford! you can add more features to it.

DAR.WIL 18 January 2003 12:09 PM

Tony
Any particular reason for not fitting a sigma to a scoob??

Darren

TonyBurns 20 January 2003 11:54 AM

Why wouldnt i have one fitted?
Lets see..... probably because every uk spec scoob has one and they still get stolen (sometimes quite easily) where as for that extra bit of cash you will get more safeguards with the clifford system and also a system you know is good ;)
My motto is "you buy cheap and cheerful, you aint been careful :eek: )

Tony:D

Pudge 20 January 2003 01:57 PM

Go for the Clifford. We are about to have our Clifford 300 from our old car refitted to our new sccob to replace the Sigma. Guareenteed peace of mind, easy to use and lots of add-ons.

Pudge

fin 20 January 2003 02:15 PM

if u need any help take the sigma and place it in the black plastic thing at the end of you drive u know the one it gets emptied once a week

think about it

sigma sells for 200 cos they cant get anymore for it

Cliffords sell for much more and people pay it cos there worth it, cos u get what u pay for

MR Turbo 20 January 2003 03:21 PM

I have each make on two seperate cars at the Mo - both cat1.
The sigma i have had for 2 yrs now and it has not missed a beat yet - VERY reliable IMHO.
The Clifford is only a few months old and seems to be holding it's own. More toys can be added with this system though so it depends what you are looking for.

Price wise the Sigma is good value for money but it comes down to what you want....unbiased because as i have already wrote - i have both systems.

MR Turbo

fin 20 January 2003 03:49 PM

NOT MUCH WILL GO WRONG WITH A SIGMA COS THEY R SIMPLE ALARMS ALSO SIMPLE TO REMOVE!! AS SOON AS I GOT MY SCOOBY I TOOK THE CR#£ ALARM OFF AND FITTED IT STRIGHT WITH A CLIFFORD ALL THE TOYS

[Edited by fin - 1/20/2003 3:50:40 PM]

planky 20 January 2003 10:43 PM

They still steal cars with cliffords;)ask my mate,£700 of alarm!!...Alarms mean fuk all to the determined car thief.

MR Turbo 21 January 2003 12:50 PM

Well said Planky - Words of wisdom....
If they want it - they'll take it, end of.

fin 21 January 2003 03:52 PM

ever tried to find a clifford wireless fuel gaurd???
cant find that by following wires like on other alarms!!!
a much better bet is the clifford.

[Edited by fin - 1/21/2003 4:08:34 PM]