ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What are the chances of this??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/164114-what-are-the-chances-of-this.html)

image doctor 04 January 2003 10:05 PM

I live 60 odd miles from the centre of London, and today not only did I see a group of people from the same town as me, but they were in the carraige in front of me on the London eye.

fatherpierre 04 January 2003 10:07 PM

Rare. Unless you all went together and their carriage was full.

image doctor 04 January 2003 10:13 PM

I have not seen them for at least a year, let alone knew where he was likely to be on Jan 4th.

In London on the London eye, carraige in fornt of me at 2.30 pm

spooky.

rr_ww 04 January 2003 10:15 PM

Are you single? Is this the start of a blosoming love filled relationship?

:D

Or are you just over examining things. This is Life. These things can and frequently do happen!

;)

fatherpierre 04 January 2003 10:16 PM

What's even more spooky is that I can see the London Eye from my living room window (bout 1/2 mile away) and I was looking at the London Eye at about 2.30pm. ;)

image doctor 04 January 2003 10:22 PM

I might even have a picture of you then!

No it's not a love thing, just thought it really odd.

Ralf 04 January 2003 11:03 PM

Time to get paranoid?

SCOSaltire 04 January 2003 11:41 PM

i live in perthshire, scotland
when we went to lands end for a visit on holiday.. we met our milkman! :D

RON 04 January 2003 11:49 PM

Knew a woman who went on hols to the south of france with her hubby, topless on the beach, cos no-one she knew would ever see her, as she walked from the water to her deck chair, her milkman says 'good morning Mrs Jones'.
What are the chances of that???????????

SCOSaltire 04 January 2003 11:54 PM

LOL
how funny would he think that was :D

rr_ww 05 January 2003 12:04 AM

SCO

If the Mrs. suddenly meets the milkman,just by chance :eek: you may have a "domestic situation"

;););)

Or maybe not

SCOSaltire 05 January 2003 12:26 AM

Benny Hill sketch comes to mind ;) :D

cletterridge 05 January 2003 01:07 AM

I've only ever met one person I truly can't stand. Actually, she was an awful flatmate I had the misfortune of sharing with while I was at uni. About ten years after last seeing her, I was travelling alone in South America and was looking for somewhere to sit on a train in the middle of the jungles of Peru - about as far from civilisation as it's possible to get.

Imagine my horror when just as I was about to sit down in the first empty seat I turned my head at the last minute to catch her glaring eyes seething at me! Thankfully the whole enormity of the coincidence thing wasn't enough to confuse me into accidentally blurting out some friendly small talk. That would have been an immense victory for her! Instead, I simply seethed back at her with slanted eyes and gritted teeth, turned on my heel and left without so much as a backward glance or a single word.

Now *that* was satisfying!