ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/)
-   -   SMOKE MACHINE FROM DR CLIFFORD (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/163831-smoke-machine-from-dr-clifford.html)

Rafique 03 January 2003 07:48 PM

JUST HAD A SMOKE MACHINE FITTED ALONG WITH A CLIFFORD CONCEPT 500 FROM DR CLIFFORD @ MOTORGUARD. TOP JOB. SOUND LADS. SMOKE MACHINE FILLS UP THE WHOLE CAR IN 10 SECONDS AND I SWEAR YOU CANT SEE YOUR OWN HANDS IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE. I WISH I GET TO SEE THE REACTION OF ANY THIEF WHO TRIES TO BREAK IN TO MY MOTOR. WELL CHUFFED.

Vinnie Mac 03 January 2003 10:11 PM

cheeky question m8, but how much?

TonyBurns 04 January 2003 01:33 AM

I always preferred the "Anti Theft device" fitted to the Lotus Esprit in the bond film, that certainly made an impact on car security ;)

Tony:D

Vinnie Mac 04 January 2003 11:45 AM

:D

M0NEY 05 January 2003 02:37 PM

I was up there a couple of weeks ago and he showed me this in his car. Its mad :D

turbo2000 05 January 2003 02:50 PM

ANY ONE KNOW HOW MUCH THE SMOKE MACHINE IS IF YOU ALLREADY HAVE ALARM G4 500 FITTED

doctor CLIFFORD 05 January 2003 05:38 PM

Hello peeps
The smoke machine costs 400 quid fitted!
It fills the car in approx 5 seconds so you can,nt see your hand in front of your face!!
Thus preventing any one from nicking your radio or trying to bypass your alarm.

Vinnie Mac 05 January 2003 06:27 PM

what happens then does it have to be re-placed or can it be re-filled and how long does it take to clear the cabin of the smoke once it goes off

Rafique 05 January 2003 10:44 PM

AS MENTIONED EARLIER I HAVE THE SMOKE MACHINE RUNNING WITH A CONCEPT 500 AND IT WORKS A TREAT. EVEN IF A THIEF WAITS AROUND FOR THE SMOKE TO CLEAR HE WILL BE SHOCKED WHEN HE SEES THAT THE SMOKE MACHINE RETRIGGERS AS IT KNOWS THAT THE ALARM HAS NOT BEEN RESET. I HAVE TRIED TO LEAVE THE DOORS OPEN AND EVENTUALLY THE SMOKE DOES CLEAR BUT BY THEN THE MACHINE HAS RETRIGGERED ANYWAY. BLOODY MARVELLOUS.

moresauce 10 January 2003 07:17 PM

Can it be fitted as a stand alone smoke device wired into by factory alarm?

doctor CLIFFORD 11 January 2003 03:53 PM

yes no problem mate give me a ring on 07966394036 for more info.

scoobdoo 06 February 2003 12:02 AM

I like the sound of this! Is there anyway of pumping cyanide gas in there as well, the boot of a scooby should be big enough to fit a couple of dead car thiefs in it! I am short of pasty meat as well!

marklemac 07 February 2003 07:44 AM

Scoobydoo,

NICE :-)

perhaps you could pump laughing gas in there, just before you give them a good k**king

Foot_Tapper 08 February 2003 07:17 PM

Excellent sounding gear !!!

Ray_li 08 February 2003 08:26 PM

Doctor

A photo of a smoked filled car would be nice. :D:D

Eagle7 08 February 2003 11:48 PM

scoobdoo:

so that's what you put in your pasties! ;)

I was going to try one of your steak and stilton ones, but i'm not sure i dare now! :p

mccltd 12 February 2003 05:19 PM

I had a toad one years ago, demonstrated while out at a customers and a neighbour rang the bloody fire brigade.
Was well embarrasing when they turned up.
Did work well though.
We even tried driven it with all the windows open and the smoke going off,yes it could be done bearly but drew so much attention.

Neil Smalley 14 February 2003 04:09 PM

What are the legal implications of this.
I.e If this goes off and the thief is injured can you be sued?

doctor CLIFFORD 16 February 2003 06:08 PM

Theres no chance of it hurting anyone as its only disco smoke dude!! It just stops them from seeing anything in the car. ;)

chiark 18 February 2003 09:00 AM

Sounds good. I remember Car Stereo and Security reviewing systems like this about 6 years ago and concluding that they were the mutt's nuts. Then they disappeared.

Might consider this for the next car. But can u imagine the fun when the local kids know that hitting the window with a pound coin will fill the car with smoke? ;) :D

Excellent stuff, good to see innovation in this area.

doctor CLIFFORD 19 February 2003 08:24 PM

The old system was marketed by Toad but it was far too big and used far too much power! , this one is only 5 inches x 2 x 2inches
so it can be fitted under the back seat or under the parcel shelf!! and if your feeling brave you can fit it your self for 220 quid
Cheers Rich

boomer 19 February 2003 09:30 PM

just wondering how practical this device might be when fitted to your home??? Could it put out enough smoke to fill a room (or two)???

It may stop the scum finding your keys in the first place ;)

mb

chiark 19 February 2003 10:26 PM

Cheers Rich, I'm up for fitting myself whilst the interior of the car is out for the ice/etc... Car should be here august/sept time...

I'll be in touch, thanks for the info!

The name "Dragon" or something like that rings a vague bell - I seem to recall toad got formed after this was reviewed too. Could be wrong on that tho. I've slept since then ;)

doctor CLIFFORD 19 February 2003 11:03 PM

I will try to get a video on here so you can all have a look !!
It has to be seen!! :)

20 February 2003 06:53 PM

does the smoke do any damage to the car

or will clean uo 100%

chiark 20 February 2003 07:54 PM

go on... have a guess ;) :D

Clue: would anyone fit one if it did any damage?

ryk 20 March 2003 09:48 PM

motor guard top place fitted my security when i had problems they helped straight away spend u dosh here lads top guys

doctor CLIFFORD 01 May 2003 06:58 PM

The system has a cartridge lasts for approx 40 discharges and costs 17 quid the smoke is heavyer than air so it lingers in the car for ages but if a door is open it will clear in a couple of mins but if a thief tryed to clear it this way it will activate again if the alarm is not turned off!

[Edited by doctor CLIFFORD - 1/5/2003 10:48:30 PM]

Impress her 09 October 2010 03:06 PM

Would advise against spending money with motor guard Worst mistake!
Beware the new owner gives rude answers to all questions. And then refuses to give deposit back. Imagine the after sales service.

As long as you know.