ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Today, the Scoob is the best car in the world (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/163702-today-the-scoob-is-the-best-car-in-the-world.html)

bassoctopus 03 January 2003 01:16 PM

Just had to take a 120 mile round trip down the A68, in Northumberland, in conditions that would have had me sh1tting myself in the S2000 or the 200SX. Ice, light snow, surface water, sleet. The Scoob just powered through, unhindered :)

So, for today's conditions I would say that we are driving the best performance cars on the road.

Neil

scooby-subaru 03 January 2003 01:28 PM

Here, here. Could'nt have said it beter myself m8.

Scooby

image doctor 03 January 2003 01:33 PM

I wonder what 996 Turbo owners have to say to that?

....or RS6 owners?

bassoctopus 03 January 2003 01:36 PM

Wouldn't fancy driving an 996 turbo on any snow at all, the tyres would be far too wide.

NotoriousREV 03 January 2003 01:48 PM

Does someone want to lend me an RS6 or 996 Turbo so I can do a fair comparison? Please?

millband 03 January 2003 01:53 PM

Pity about all the other to$$ers in the snow though! I 5-series BMW nearly had me in a ditch this morning on the Pennine moors by taking a corner in the middle of the road, then I was tailgated by a Zafira, who is obviously able to out-break an Impreza from 2 foot behind me :rolleyes:

Steve

SUNDAY DRIVER 03 January 2003 01:58 PM

Other than an Evo.

Lewegie 03 January 2003 02:05 PM

Funny you talking about a BM nearly having you in the Ditch Steve.
I was following a scooby in the M5 yesterday and he nearly ditched his trying to loose me. Once we got to a safe place to overtake i enjoyed the look on his face when i blitzed past in my 2 wheel drive no traction at all beast.

bassoctopus 03 January 2003 02:06 PM

Evo's meant to be a bit more skittish isn't it?

image doctor 03 January 2003 02:09 PM

Your right the scoob is the best, fastest car in the world ;)

Evo = Skittish
996 = crap in snow
5 series = ditch
Impreza = dogs bollox-always, in all conditions, full stop, for ever.

;)

millband 03 January 2003 06:05 PM

image doctor - :)

Lewegie - I'm sure acceleration is not an issue in a M5! The ditch thing was nothing to do with traction etc, just his (lack of) driving technique. He was avoiding the snow on the sides of the road by driving down the middle, which is a bit of a no-no on a narrow road with blind bends! I nearly ditched my car jinking to the left to avoid him when confronted by this knob. If he was worried about driving on the snow, then the answer is to slow down, not assume he had the road to himself.

FLAT ERIC 03 January 2003 10:11 PM

But we all know BMW's do own the road.

That's why they never indicate & always sit on mere mortals back bumpers in heavy traffic with their headlights flashing.:D

ChrisS/P1 04 January 2003 02:56 AM

Havn't stuck mine in a ditch yet. And never will!

ChrisS/P1 04 January 2003 02:59 AM

Give it 5 years, and lets see how many 911 GT4 / P1s are left.

Who's written off first???

Chris

chrisj1260 04 January 2003 07:32 PM

Hmmm bm,s dont like em never will one of em pulled out on me while
on my bike in a 60 doing 60 i proceded to put my bike through the passenger door and he nearly killed me no respect for them ever since my brother bought one and he got so much abuse of me he sold it sorry but i hear so many storys about bm ,s they all get tarr,d
with the same brush ................ chris

(just an opinion)

Lewegie 06 January 2003 08:54 AM

Millband
I have to agree, when there's snow on the ground it makes you realise just how many morotrist on the road have not got a clue about how to drive in adverse conditions. It makes you cringe at times and wish you had a banger to get around in. I usually find the 4 wheel drive brigade the worst in the snow, 2 tons of metal that pulls away quickly but won't stop as quick so easily.

scoob_babe 06 January 2003 09:00 AM

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadid=164394
you don't know what will be over the next corner

Skittles 01 March 2003 10:44 PM

deleted

[Edited by Skittles - 1/3/2003 10:46:28 PM]

Hoppy 01 April 2003 01:05 AM

Neil, I agree. I have spent the last year debating what to get next, and considered everything from 911s to M3s to Skylines to Evos. All tempting options.

But opting out of my company car scheme and buying my modded UK00 Scoob for £10k was just a no-brainer in the end. I shall mod it to death, drive it 'till it drops, and (I hope) not regret a minute of it. Life's too short, and mine is running out... :eek:

I'm not bothered about image or build quality (well I am, but who gives a sh1t about the interior or how the door sounds when you slam it shut?). I just love driving fast on interesting roads, by myself with no other traffic.

You can't beat a Scoob for that, unless you have major money to burn :D And a yellow Porsche stuck in a ditch looks pretty uncool in the local paper ;)

Richard.

[Edited by Hoppy - 1/4/2003 2:06:43 AM]