ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/)
-   -   Tracker vs. Trackstar - interesting info re: subs!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/163460-tracker-vs-trackstar-interesting-info-re-subs.html)

Fat Blerk 02 January 2003 04:25 PM

Just about to have some sort of tracking system fitted - have spoken to Dr Clifford about the tracker systems (have also booked it in for a blackjax next saturday!!!). The only thing that puts me off the Tracker is that when I sell the car, my Tracker goes with it.....not so with the Trackstar

HOWEVER..........pin your ears back, 'cos this is interesting!!!!

I phoned Trackstar to see if I could use their Finance offer - 36 months at £23.00 for lifetime subscription etc.... and discovered that if you change vehicle, YOU LOSE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION!!!!! This means you have to start again - so a "lifetime" subscription means lifetime YOU own the car, not the unit - this wasn't very clear.....

So Dr Clifford, if you're reading....... the Impreza who booked in for Sat. 11th definitely wants a Tracker Monitor to go with the Blackjax.

Hope this clarifies a few points for people!!!

TonyBurns 03 January 2003 06:17 PM

Fat Blerk,
You can have the trackstar unit removed for a small price and re installed on your new car, this way you dont loose out on your subscription ;) (had this checked out a few years back when trackstar came out ;))

Tony:D

doctor CLIFFORD 03 January 2003 06:38 PM

Cheers FB
I have them put to one side for you

Doc..

Fat Blerk 04 January 2003 10:47 PM

Lovely jubbly.

I got the info on the trackstar straight from the horses mouth.

I wonder where you'd stand if you had to use the system and it was in a different car to that which it was fitted in, and you hadn't renewed the subscription...... nah...... not worth the grief.

See you Saturday, Doc!

TonyBurns 05 January 2003 03:41 AM

Id bought the system outright so for me its not a problem ;)

Fat Blerk 05 January 2003 10:00 AM

Thats what I'm saying.....

The "lifetime subscription" only applies to the one CAR. You own the unit and can move it between cars HOWEVER your lifetime subscription dies if you change the vehicle, no matter whether you paid it all up front or spread the payments.

I got this info straight from the Trackstar sales line - have you been told otherwise?

andyVI 06 January 2003 11:09 AM

So can the Tracker Monitor be removed from you old car and re-installed in your new car without having to renew your lifetime subs? I know that it cannot be transferred between owners.

Fat Blerk 06 January 2003 11:16 AM

No - the tracker is buried is for good once fitted.......

The trackstar can be moved, but not the subscription - this has to be renewed.

TonyBurns 07 January 2003 06:10 PM

I was told that i had to pay for the removal and refitting of the unit, as i have paid for the unit outright this is all i have to do ;)

Rasher 11 January 2003 11:55 AM

It costs 175 quid approx to remove and re fit to another car