ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   ####MY CAR HAS BEEN STOLEN!!!!!!###### (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/163026-my-car-has-been-stolen.html)

skoobidude 31 December 2002 01:59 PM

At 0230hrs this morning my wife awoke to here "a" car alarm go off briefly.
Then an engine start and a car drive off quietly! She looked out of the bedroom window to discover my Scooby had gone, so she woke me up - i was still pi55ed from last night. We went down stairs to find foot-prints in our lounge, the front door wide open, my car keys and wallet gone! My jacket was left on the front lawn (which did had my wallet in the inside pocket).
Couldn't fekin belive it so we called police and activated the trakker. Car was found at 0511hrs in bluddy Solihull with space-saver on front (alloy missing) and no other apparent damage. The finger-print officer has since found my wallet (with all cards), my stereo/cd-player still in the car.
It will be on its way top TSL this afternoon to be bandaged up and loved agin! Look after it Trouser!

Nick

barge 31 December 2002 02:03 PM

not nice

get the diffs & gearbox checked properly, if they stole it they probably did not keep a low speen on the space saver either

skoobidude 31 December 2002 02:06 PM

Will do, but i reckon once the space saver was on, they got bored so decided to leave it until they could get a replacement wheel.
kind of wierd they didn't keep my wallet/cd player or CDs! Maybe not their taste in music.

Nick

P1Fanatic 31 December 2002 02:13 PM

Did u recover the keys as well?

skoobidude 31 December 2002 02:19 PM

no keys recovered

Sparky1066 31 December 2002 02:23 PM

F.UCKERS!!!!

MarkWRX 31 December 2002 02:28 PM

Jesus! Sorry to hear this, I hope they catch the scum. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

At least you weren't harmed and the tracker has done its job.

I live in Solihull area so I best be vigilant, seems a long way for them to go for a joyride though.

Hope you get things sorted. :)

Mark

northernmadbugger 31 December 2002 02:31 PM

Gutted for you mate - if I catch them I'll clip 'em with the car for you !!

darlodge 31 December 2002 02:59 PM

Nick, what a pisser :(. If it was me, I'd change the locks, on both the house and car. If they have your keys then they can come back. I'm not trying to scare you, just trying to be cautious

Darren

Crush 31 December 2002 03:04 PM

I hope you find them, then kill them & mail bodyparts to their family [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

TonyBurns 31 December 2002 03:39 PM

Get yourself a clifford anti hijack unit fitted, so even with your keys they wont go anywhere ;)
But sorry to hear your car was stolen in the first place :(

Tony:(

pcdude 31 December 2002 03:41 PM

i hear more and more of this type of car theft , alarms and imobilisers are getting too good for them so now they just break in to you home and take keys , ive even heard of a bamboo cane with a hook being used through leter boxes to get car keys now :(

The Flying Scotsman 31 December 2002 04:05 PM

Try an anti-hijack device. Even with the keys, mine doesn't reach the end of the street, as I've found out when I forget to disable it. Or a house alarm? The main route to nicking cars now seems to be to get the car keys from the house or by mugging.

KevMac 31 December 2002 04:09 PM

Did your house alarm not go off when they broke in?

scooby_xt_turbo 31 December 2002 04:13 PM

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, Die you feckers and rot in hell. you thieving basterds.

RS2100 31 December 2002 04:31 PM

I work for a BMW dealership and this is becoming increasingly common now. See www.bm3w.co.uk for more details on threads in their forum. Dont be tempted to hide your keys, if they have the balls to break in, they wont think twice about waking you up and asking not so politely.
Be careful guys.

doctor CLIFFORD 31 December 2002 04:48 PM

Get a Black-jax system on it .Even if they had the keys they will only get a few hundred yards down the road!!!

And only 150 quid

WWW.MOTORGUARDUK.CO.UK

SimonGT 31 December 2002 04:48 PM

Wow lucky you got it back,Fu** those Tossers!

Simon
Impreza GT MY00

bugeye 31 December 2002 05:25 PM

Hit one us we all bleed!!!!f*cking gits

stanmo 31 December 2002 05:32 PM

I suggest you cancel your cards. They have a record of the number, your name, address and the 3 dig security no on the back.

I wonder how our WRX owning friends across the water are dealing with thieving scumbags ? Can they lawfully discharge a 12 gauge shell in someone's face, if they're making off with their motor ?

S.B. 31 December 2002 05:32 PM

:(

Katana 31 December 2002 05:39 PM

Sorry to hear about it. If ever I was in the situation where I have to break the law and kill the burglar/car thief, then I would not hessitate (provided there's not many witnesses). Murder is only illegal if you have a crap lawyer..

5cby 31 December 2002 05:45 PM

hi all
apparantly a mitsubishi evolution went walkies in birmingham last night
knocking down a bloke in tile cross area and then found in chelmsley wood

doctor CLIFFORD 31 December 2002 05:47 PM

Dont you just love this town!!

TonyBurns 31 December 2002 05:49 PM

Chelmsley wood, worked there once (at night :eek: ) never again!

Tony:D

Scoob99 31 December 2002 06:03 PM

Skoobidude,
Glad you got your baby back, just goes to show your not even safe in your own bed, bring back hanging for this scum,
Glad you and your wife are OK.
Cheers
Colin

mikeesingh 31 December 2002 06:52 PM

b*stards, liz's old M3 ended up in solihull too
hopefully your car shouldnt need to much work mate
mikee

TrueSTI man 31 December 2002 07:14 PM

skoobidude

Had a near miss on Saturday morning. The missus asleep 4:30am woken to a banging noise, she looked out of the front bedroom window to find two dudes trying to ram the front door in. She shouted but they carried on hammering the door. She then screemed out of the window at which point they ran away,

Police said they were probably after the keys to my STi7. No damage to the car though.

Be interested to know if they rammed your front door in.

I'm now looking for a steel lined front door !!

scooby-si 31 December 2002 07:29 PM

skoobidude
sorry to hear about that m8 :(

thats 1 of the reasons y i got a wagon they dont like them

+ they have to get past cctv and my dog and up stairs then past the missus i would sooner take on the dog ;)

Turbo_Steve 31 December 2002 08:09 PM

My god that is awful.
They broke into your home whilst you were asleep.
Jeez.

Just makes you want that "Remote controlled exploding petrol tank" all the more. Definitely worth losing the car to eliminate a threat to the family.

I bet you want to gouge their eyes out with a plastic spoon.