ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Midlands (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/)
-   -   **Northants meet** (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/162416-northants-meet.html)

Nicci 28 December 2002 11:16 PM

To continue from Pauls thread before xmas to arrange a meet. Is everyone happy with meeting in January? :D Suggestions for an easy to find venue and date will be gratefully received. (I cant make Tues or Thurs nights). :)

sammani 29 December 2002 02:03 AM

What about somewhere around kettering, it depends on where the majority are comming from ,i take it will be indoor too cold this time of year for outdoor stuff.What about a meeting up at Santa Pod,could incorporate a bit of Run what your brung??????????

Best wishes Alan m

HHxx 30 December 2002 04:09 PM

Hopefully can meet up :)

I'll go and drag Matt to this topic ;)

H

Nicci 01 January 2003 10:29 PM

We could meet at Santa Pod on the 26th, although if it is cold, we wont want to stand around (indoors is better in January), although I will probably be at the Pod for a while.

davyboy 02 January 2003 11:54 AM

The pod sounds cool

Ian Cook 03 January 2003 10:59 PM

is that senna pod ? ;) LOL

Depends where i am but i guess i shall follow the thread with interest !!! ;)

Nicci 07 January 2003 11:03 PM

OK, lets go to Santa Pod, I see the coventry lot are going. where is everyone else?

Mudchuka 11 January 2003 06:23 PM

Ill def be going only live 9 miles from pod,are you all meeting before pod somewhere,ie with the cov crowd.

Scooby-Diva 11 January 2003 08:41 PM

Nikki me dear!

when u have sorted out a definate date, time and place, give me a ring, i think u still have my number! or in the chat room
Im up for any meet within the area!
Cheers
Marie xx

Neanderthal 12 January 2003 11:31 PM

You never know, I might even turn up!
Nicci, not heard you go past for a little while (although I've not been there as much recently...)

Vanish 13 January 2003 08:13 PM

Would love to meet everyone from Northants if the venue can be finalised.

http://upload.turbosport.co.uk/getpi...2057425594.jpg

Nicci 13 January 2003 10:06 PM

Meet will be at santa pod on 26th, anyone want us all to try and join the coventry convoy, or make our own northants convoy?

Matt, the noisy one hasn't been past much and i am to quiet to hear, but still spot yours :)

Neanderthal 13 January 2003 10:52 PM

hehe mine's slowly changing colour to a mud brown. I'm just too lazy to clean it :rolleyes: We have a valeter (sp?) that comes to our office but he always comes on a day I'm not there :(

Scooby-Diva 14 January 2003 03:47 PM

Didn't know there was that many scooby owners in Northants area! Where are you all hiding ?? :)
I never see any when i'm prowling about!

Neanderthal 14 January 2003 05:33 PM

LOL I think the Northants lot are a shy breed ;)

I'm on the Eastern side of Northampton and generally skirt around the outer edges and beyond. Rarely go into town itself.

Nicci 14 January 2003 10:32 PM

Matt, I saw the brown car tonight and resisted writing 'clean me' on it. If you do decide to show your face on 26th, I expect a clean car. ;)

[Edited by Nicci - 1/14/2003 10:33:37 PM]

Mudchuka 15 January 2003 09:55 AM

Again never see many scoobs about maybe santa pod meet will bring a few out into the open.As for a meeting point what about Tescos in wellingboro as its quite close to pod and on the way for most of us

Scooby-Diva 15 January 2003 11:57 AM

lol,, yer we must be a shy bunch, i'm wizzing through duston at various times of the day going to and from work, the only one that i have seen is a black scooby with twin headlamp con, but i was going to quick to see what model, and there is another one sits at the top of Park Lane ? who's that lol
I'm the little dot in the green sport, gold wheels!:D

Scooby-Diva 15 January 2003 12:19 PM

Nicci, the coventry and rugby lot are coming through this way to santa pod, and i have asked scooby-si if they are coming A45 or M1 upto Junc 15, would it not be a good idea to meet up with them, and then pick a few up on the way? like mudchuka suggested at Tesco's Wellingboro?? the more the merrier :D There looks like there is a fair few coming from that area too xx

Nicci 15 January 2003 02:04 PM

Marie, thanks, yes I had already suggested meeting the coventry lot. Now waiting on a reply from Neal for re-routing via us.
The black one you see may be the type R that appears to live in my road (close), they never post here. Marie, move to my road, often scooby capital of northants (up to 3 cars in the close...wow)..lol

Neanderthal 15 January 2003 05:33 PM

LOL Nicci

The car's so mucky now I end up dirty just getting in and out of it ;)

Sounds like we should do a mini convoy from Duston to meet the Cov people?

NM 15 January 2003 05:34 PM

Hi Northants crew

Coventry area meet directions altered to say

M69 South
M6 East
M1 south
A45 J16 East through Northampton

http://upload.turbosport.co.uk/getpi...4036696361.gif

http://upload.turbosport.co.uk/getpi...5848676708.gif

So where do you guys suggest we the Cov are mob meet up with you the Northants crew ????????? Anywhere on the A45, Services, very large layby, etc or wait to tag on the end as we pass you all. We are looking at 15 - 20 Cars from the Cov area alone.

We intend to leave Coventry about 10am and could get to you guys realistically about 10.40am

Neal

[Edited by NM - 1/15/2003 5:35:49 PM]

Neanderthal 15 January 2003 05:44 PM

How about the Six Fields cinema car park?

Nicci 15 January 2003 09:11 PM

Sixfields cinema car park may be a little tricky for the coventry lot to get to. What about the tempo car park as its just off the roundabout and will be empty, much easier to spot everyone.

Scooby-Diva 16 January 2003 10:20 AM

Nicci, i spotted a green sport, folowing me through Duston yeterday, and the blue one that lives at the top of my road is a Terzo, do you know who that is :D spotting them all the time now lol

Mudchuka 16 January 2003 11:34 AM

If cov crew are comming down th A45 from northampton,thers that Esso service station on the 45 ?.thers a diner there also its on the way for all and it has a lorry park which will be empty on a sunday which means load of room.

Nicci 16 January 2003 12:21 PM

Mudchuka, I suggested Tempo as it is near a few of us. You could wait at the garage for us to start driving past (I don't actually know where the garage is) and then join in.

Marie, I don't know your 'spotted' cars.

Dave, are you still joining us?

NM 16 January 2003 05:47 PM

Hi Northants crew

Once you guys have a meet up point on the A45 sorted let me know.

n.m1@ntlworld.com

Best thing for us Cov lot to do is to keep driving as we have 20+ cars already from the Cov area :D. Might be a bit time consuming and messy getting all those cars in anywhere and then out again so why not just tag along as we pass. If one of you lets me have their Mob number then I can bell you to let you know when we are joining the A45 so you can warm up your motors.

Matt (AKA Neanderthal) if you are a definate on this date then send me your mob number and I will contact you my little Karting .:XSTi:. buddy :D

Else someone else mail

Cheers

Neal (Coventry Area Scooby Meet Organiser)

[Edited by NM - 1/16/2003 6:07:09 PM]

Neanderthal 16 January 2003 05:51 PM

LOL I've printed some phone cards and I'll paste them up with your number Neal ;)

I'm txt'ing you my number as we speak :D

NM 16 January 2003 06:05 PM

Cheers Matt :D

I find if you place them in post boxes in London you get a better response rather than post boxes in small towns ;)

Neal