ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Bomberman Generations on GC views and 007 Nightfire question. (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/162092-bomberman-generations-on-gc-views-and-007-nightfire-question.html)

DrEvil 27 December 2002 12:27 PM

Got this prior to Xmas, very good multiplayer and fairly good single player game - although I guess you might have to be a fan of the series to really justify £40 on this title.

One thing I have yet to try is angling the 3D board using the C-Stick - read this on IGN, apparently you can make it look completely 2D like the SNES version or something... Anyone done this?

There are some mad multiplayer levels, that take the game on from previous evolutions.

Anyone bought 007 Nightfire on GC or PS2 yet? Would be interested in your views...

Alex

DJ Dunk 27 December 2002 01:12 PM

Got Nightfire on the XBox, basically the same as the PS2 version. If its multiplayer you are after then this is not the place to get it, unfortunately. The game is okay, interesting levels if somewhat linear, but the multiplayer is slightly disappointing.

DrEvil 27 December 2002 01:17 PM

So its no GoldenEye then... bah... I'll have to get something else then...

Cheers Dunk,

Alex

DJ Dunk 27 December 2002 01:19 PM

No Goldeneye, more similar to the Agent Under Fire. If you liked that then its much the same.

Can't recommend TimeSplitters 2 enough though :)

[Edited by DJ Dunk - 12/27/2002 1:19:59 PM]

DrEvil 27 December 2002 01:26 PM

Dunk,

Yeah I had TS2 on PS2 and GC for a while, prefered the controlls on PS2, but preferred the frame rate on GC multiplayer, so eventually sold the PS2 copy.. greedy huh! ;)

Wicked game - shame my misses doesnt appreciate it.. So, looks like I may be look through the offers at the Sony centre for a second big TV! :)

Alex

Scooby Dooby Blue 27 December 2002 03:42 PM

Slightly off topic but if any Street Fighter fans are considering Capcom vs SNK, forget it.
Promising enough game to look at and it plays well but it's a complete waste of time with the GameCube joypad :(
Returned it yesterday and got Pikmin instead:)

Paul

Oh, and is Resident Evil any good? I played it on the PS1 but had to bin it as it was too scary!:D(3am, on my own, in the dark)

DrEvil 27 December 2002 04:03 PM

Often thought about getting that game, Capcom Vs SNK... thanks for the warning. I do find the GC controller isn't as good as the PS2 for some games.

Resident Evil is very good, but the edge might be taken off it slightly if you've completed the original already.

bud7 30 December 2002 10:14 PM

I have been playing the new 007 Nightfire on the pc & i'll tell u wot, its so addictive when playing online so my advice is go get it or send me a couple of blanks and i'll copy it for u as i have a copied version(cracked). Then i'll see u online for some real fun.

bud7@blueyonder.co.uk