ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   HALO (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/162035-halo.html)

Devil's Refugee 27 December 2002 08:43 AM

OMG :eek:
Is this game just superb or what ?!!!
Yeah, I know it's been out for ages, but it still beats most of the crap out there just released.
I'm going to lose a lot of sleep over this one !
:D

sammyh 27 December 2002 09:44 AM

Am I the only one who does'nt like it?

bumcrack 27 December 2002 12:16 PM

I@ve got an Xbox and Halo for crimbo and I'm well chuffed. I played Halo in a shop for a few minutes and thought it was sh!te, but after half an hour at home I think it's the best game going.

PiNkEyE69 27 December 2002 02:15 PM

It is good, expecially with some mates round and some extra controllers.
Just been to HMV, and they're doing Munch's Oddeysee for £10 :) Cheap as chips

super_si 27 December 2002 02:31 PM

I didnt like it tbh after playing unreal n quake for ages, didnt like it too much :p

turbo2000 28 December 2002 01:03 AM

IT WAS A TOP GAME I THINK PEOPLE DONT LIKE THE CONTROL IT TAKES A BIT TO GET USED TO

RB5-Black 28 December 2002 01:11 AM

if you can get used to the control system then Halo is tops :D I found the more you play it the more you get sucked into the story and there are a few bits that make you :eek: . I think it's a great game just a pity about the repetative levels later on :(

SiCotty 28 December 2002 10:14 AM

In the setup screen you can swap the default action for looking up and down so that when you pull the little stick back to you you look up and when you push it forward you look down. This method of control is a lot more intuitive I think. Did not like the game at all until I changed this.

Si

timisaledge 28 December 2002 02:14 PM

I completed Halo on legendary superb game but very hard on that difficulty, love the last level "the maw" and is also great fun 2 player

RoShamBo 30 December 2002 09:27 AM

WOW you are good !
Just completed it & now doing it all again on "Heroic" skill level - much much harder than before.
I tried Legendary & got wasted sooooo easily I gave up !!

Ro.

PS : dont you get a "special" - different from the normal ending if you complete the game on legendary ?

Devil's Refugee 31 December 2002 09:23 AM

Yep, there's a different ending to the game on Legendary setting.
Haven't seen it myself, but the read the review and it sounds quite good.

Roll on Halo2 !

mega_stream 31 December 2002 09:29 AM

I got Halo but can't play it for more than 5 minutes, makes my head go funny :(

Tried sitting close and far away from the TV while playing, makes me wanna puke :(

Nimbus 31 December 2002 09:50 AM

Last month we myself and my brothers played it over a LAN. Excellent fun.

WendyT 31 December 2002 09:59 AM

top game!! finished Halo on Heroic difficulty - was up til 3am some mornings playing it when it was first released :D

anyone also playing Splinter Cell?

Neil

(under wifes login)