ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   I really love my Scooby, best car I have ever had..... (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/159246-i-really-love-my-scooby-best-car-i-have-ever-had.html)

Steve Williams 14 December 2002 08:12 AM

Just reading all the "Hate my Subaru" threads.....

Thought we needed a little perspective.

I am on my second scoob, and really love it....

1st one, my98 4dr, only mod was back box..... ran really well, despite the "98's are cr@p stories...." in 18 months never had any problems...... 20,000 miles of trouble free motoring.

2nd one, my00 5dr, PPP'd.... running excellently, only had it 3 months, 6,000 miles already (including a drive down to southern Spain) never missed a beat...... only a small fuel leak problem which was sorted straight after I got it.

I will definately consider another Scooby as my next car.

My previous motors have included Ford, Rover, Toyota, Honda, Fiat...... The subaru's are the best "drivers cars" and with the exception of the Toyota (MR2) the best put together of all the cars I have owned, no/very little rattle, brilliant everyday "supercar".

Road-rash 14 December 2002 09:13 AM

Steve nice one, got to say some of the theads make you wonder why people keep there scoob if it is that bad, Ive had a scoob for 8 yrs and I still get a buzz, trouble free motoring no car is perfect but subaru come very close.

Toonman1 14 December 2002 11:46 AM

I agree with both of you - best I've ever had too! My 02 WRX PPP so far, is just about perfect. It's my 4th and apart from a 9 month break running another make, I've had 160,000 happy Scooby Turbo miles since 1994.

That I can see, the complaint threads seem to be started by one member, and then continued by many happy owners.

Cheers

Mike

Nigeyboy 14 December 2002 11:47 AM

I've had mine for 2 months MY02 at give away price.
Makes me smile evrytime I get in her!!

So far so good - previously had rep spec Mondy (retail £17k value after 4.5yrs £2750. How about that for depreciation LOL @ me)

NB

JonnyT 14 December 2002 12:02 PM

I've had my MY93 WRX for ONE week, and it's hasn't run right yet!
But hasn't put me off! It is STILL the nicest car I've owned, and once I get the plugs sorted, it'll be the quickest too! Lol.
Thanks for starting this thread Steve, I was beginning to fill up! Lol.

johnfelstead 14 December 2002 12:25 PM

Subaru Impreza

Best value allrounder money can buy.

If you want a safe, comfortable, light, quick in the twisties but not overly powerful car, buy a sport.

If you want a safe, comfortable, relatively light, quick in the twisties, good power car, buy a UK turbo or import.

If you want a safe, comfortable, relatively light, quick in the twisties, great power, versatile transmition system, buy an STi TypeR/RA.

What other car is as happy comuting to work, capable of carrying 4 poeple in comfort in ****ty weather or a summers day, looks the dogs bollox (even the MY01/02 do compared to most out there), turns heads everywhere, sounds fantastic, has huge grip, has the performance of cars twice the cost, can be driven sideways at 120MPH in complete control, stands up incredibly well in a bad crash, has a rally heritage other manufacturers would kill for, has a massive ownership following (despite all the **** you read here at times), has a huge choice of upgrades available, has a fantastic network of aftermarket supliers, is fun to drive on track, flaters your driving tallent.......................

Do two things if you have forgoten how fantastic these cars are. Go hire a eurobox for the day.
Go take it to europe for a weekend. In europe they are rare as rocking horse ****, you will soon see how much the car is admired and lusted after over there.

I love my scoob, it does everything i want it to do, for the money, there isnt another choice out there, its that simple.

and no, its not the best car in the world, thats the McLaren F1 IMHO, it's not indestructable either, but it IS one of the best cars in the world finacially available to most people, lets not forget that.

STi-Frenchie 14 December 2002 02:27 PM

John, please stand for parliament. With a speech like that, millions would vote for you. Bravo !

Subaru, the choice of champions.

Knight Rider 14 December 2002 04:16 PM

Nuff said johnfelstead :)

I´ve had my WRX MY02 for about 5 months and it´s definitely the best car I´ve ever owned.

Toonman1 14 December 2002 04:18 PM

"Best value allrounder money can buy"

I still can't work out why some fail to see this fact...

Andy W 14 December 2002 04:19 PM

I liked mine so much I went and bought another one!!
Well said John F

chrisp 14 December 2002 04:35 PM

LOL hands up the moderator who moved this thread into computer related :D. Out on the beers last night were we ;).

what would scooby do 14 December 2002 04:55 PM

PMSL LOL

STi-Frenchie 14 December 2002 04:59 PM

ROFLMAO !!!

What part of

"I really love my Scooby, best car I have ever had....."

did the moderator not understand?

chrisp 14 December 2002 05:06 PM

To be fair there was a thread which was computer related "BT broadband" one to it in general so it was just a slip I guess.

Little Miss WRX 14 December 2002 05:13 PM

Don't blame me (or Michelle). Wasn't us...

:p

Chris

Steve Fort 14 December 2002 05:14 PM

In John F's defence, it is kind of computer related as Steve typed the topic using a computers keyboard, and then posted it using the computers modem thingy.

Edited coz i'm thick:(

[Edited by Steve Fort - 12/14/2002 5:16:04 PM]

chrisp 14 December 2002 05:23 PM

Don't blame me (or Michelle). Wasn't us...

Chris
LOL did you think I meant you 2 I guess it was nothing to do with the beer reference :D. Chris cant you sling it back ?

[Edited by chrisp - 12/14/2002 5:24:44 PM]

pcdude 14 December 2002 06:03 PM

Ive had quite a few motors fords, mercs ,BMW ,landrover , and i get the best driving satisfaction from my 1st MY00 scoob . In a review i read it said "those in the know will go for the Subaru Impreza Turbo "

Ive already started saving for my next 1
:)
cheers
Paul

[Edited by pcdude - 12/14/2002 6:04:29 PM]

what would scooby do 14 December 2002 06:09 PM

It's still here I see LOL ;)

[Edited by what would scooby do - 12/14/2002 6:09:49 PM]

Turbo_Steve 14 December 2002 06:23 PM

Have to say, I have an elderly Legacy Turbo, and had an impreza too, and Subarus really are very very good cars, even after 100,000miles. I love mine to bits! The fuel consumption is, frankly, ridiculous (my friend gets better economy out of his BMW M3 EVO!!!!!) but as niggles go it is a small one.

I really love these cars.

johnfelstead 14 December 2002 06:48 PM

i didnt move it, i dont have that kind of power, honest. :D

and thankyou, it's too damn easy to forget how lucky we are at times! :D

dnb 14 December 2002 10:28 PM

I drive my father in law's car the other week. I don't want to do this ever again! It was frightening :eek:

I won't take hire cars from work any more, as they are a bit hit & miss...

Looks like I'll be at the petrol station shortly (again) with my Scoob... :D There's nothing else like them on the road for the price :D

(It even impressed my IAM observer - even when I was in lunatic mode in some twisties ;))

philc 14 December 2002 11:05 PM

I applaud the moderators' decision.

There's too many of these 'why I like my scoob' threads popping up.

Moving the thread to a non-scoob related thread should soon put a stop to this temporary insanity! :)

JackClark 15 December 2002 08:57 PM

Mine gets two thumbs up. Great drive to the service station today.