ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   ScoobyNet or SIDC? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/158747-scoobynet-or-sidc.html)

Redkop 12 December 2002 01:53 PM

Probably a few of you already know, that I don’t own a Scoob and that I am a member of the RS Owner’s Club. The Regional Group of the RSOC I belong to are holding another Regional Day on 13 April 2003 at Santa Pod, after the success of our inaugural event this year.

I am the co-ordinator for arranging Visiting Car Clubs, so do I ...

A] Invite the SIDC as the visiting club representing Subaru's

or

B] Invite ScoobyNet users to have a stand

Would the SIDC show any interest in attending this event and taking part in a head to head against RS’s on the strip or would more ScoobyNetters show an interest?

An allotted time will be set aside for this Head-to-Head during the action on the strip.

Any comments please?

POC 12 December 2002 01:56 PM

Scoobynet, I doubt SIDC would bother... they were a no show at the BIG billing JAP mee this year

Markus 12 December 2002 02:02 PM

Interesting Q there Lynne.

SIDC or SN, hmmmmm.

Think I'd say SN. why? well, I have my reasons.

Oh, FlatFour might be interested in a stand as well.

And you might want to post this on the SIDC BBS as well, and see what is said.

Richard Askew 12 December 2002 02:12 PM

...nice one Lynne :D personally open invite to Subaru "owners" rather than SNET or SIDC - not sure of Simon de Bankes stance on SNET either.. might be worth e-mailing him simon@scoobynet.co.uk

Redkop 12 December 2002 02:30 PM

Rich, yeah get what you mean, but in general don't most SIDC members use SN anyway?

'Subaru Owners' will have to find someone who will be willing to act as an organiser & keep a list of those who only want a stand place and those wanting to take part in the head-to-head.

Full details will be available in early January and I will post them.

Delphi 12 December 2002 02:40 PM

I think POC just volunteered to co-ordinate the Scoobynet presence...

Redkop 12 December 2002 02:45 PM

Did he? I must have missed that ;)

Markus 12 December 2002 03:43 PM

POC & Organise in the same sentance? hmm, that's a new one! :D (Sorry Paul! no harm meant)

Redkop 12 December 2002 03:59 PM

You offering Mark????

Markus 12 December 2002 04:02 PM

ummmmmmmmmm

NO! :D

Redkop 12 December 2002 04:03 PM

NO? [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Markus 12 December 2002 04:10 PM

Now now! don't get all angry at me! Cheeky thing! Go and play in the snow with the ezzy

Phil 12 December 2002 04:15 PM

Redkop

but in general don't most SIDC members use SN anyway?
I would say a majority don't because there are many members that don't have internet access[surprising as that may seem]

But I would agree that most people on the SIDC BBS do post on Scoobynet

Redkop 12 December 2002 04:36 PM

Not many have actually answered my question :(

MarkO 12 December 2002 04:52 PM

Why not invite both? See what the responses are and who turns up? Either that, or what about suggesting a combined/joint stand?

You could put them either side of Jonathan Palmer's stand. ;)

Fantom 12 December 2002 04:55 PM

I'm a member of the SIDC and Scoobynet :D So I don't care where you post it!!!
I'd love to come along and race some RS's!

Redkop 12 December 2002 05:14 PM

Why not invite both? See what the responses are and who turns up? Either that, or what about suggesting a combined/joint stand?

You could put them either side of Jonathan Palmer's stand

Don't think there will be a Bedford Autodrome stand somehow :p

It's not a case of who just turns up, it is an organised event!!!

Richard Askew 12 December 2002 05:18 PM

Lynne - if you need a hand nearer the time gizza bell..

tweenierob 12 December 2002 05:21 PM

I'll try and organise it??
Rob
Well looking forward to it:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

tweenierob 12 December 2002 05:24 PM

What sort of numbers are allowed to attend from this side??
Rob

EvilBevel 12 December 2002 05:28 PM

Lynne, your question actually is a good one, and understandable.

Not wanting to hijack this thread (I'd say put an invitation to all Subaru owners, SIDC or not, SN or not), but in the light of the recent discussions, I wonder if it would be worth it if SDB and Pete Croney have a beer over how maybe things could go forward ?

Of course I realise I can't speak for neither SN or SIDC (thank god ;) ) but it really seems worth to at least have a brainstorm about what could be ?

Redkop 12 December 2002 07:52 PM

I agree with you Theo about inviting all Subaru owners. We are inviting other car related BB's who don't actually have a club as such. So therefore, I wasn't sure about using SIDC for inviting Scoobs. The head-to-head tho will only be for RS's vs Scoobs.

There is a lot of room at the Pod to have a lot of cars per stand, but am not too sure of numbers for the head-to-head, at the moment it is half decided on 10 RS's vs 10 Scoobs - 2 runs each.

Preliminary prices are £15.00 entry per head which will include 4 runs up the strip if pre-booked. There will be 150 places available for strip runs on the day.

As I said, I will post full details early on the New Year when things are finalised.

RichardPON 12 December 2002 11:17 PM

Lynne,

Nothing against anyone, but be careful how many people you invite to run the strip.

It is a normal RWYB day anyway, and it was packed last year...

tweenierob 13 December 2002 12:44 AM

I am confused now, is this day open for invited only or is it running along side a normal RWYB day??
If it is the latter then why book?? why not just turn up as normal....
Does the RSOC have sole use of the strip for a set time?? If not, i think it would be wrong to promise 4 runs....
I only managed 4runs last time i went and that wasnt packed out..
Not trying to put a downer on the day just need to know wether to try and get an invite or just turn up as the norm??
Rob:)

Redkop 13 December 2002 05:56 AM

Rich - we are totally aware of that and know what we are doing :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The 'Grudge Match' worked alright this year - didnt it?? Also, if you remember from mid-afternoon that day, the Pod were doing as many runs as you like for the same ticket price!!!

Rob...to take part in the head-to-head will be only open to Scoob people who have pre-paid and have their car on a stand.

[Edited by Redkop - 12/13/2002 6:09:49 AM]

SCC PERFORMANCE 13 December 2002 09:38 AM

Lynne,

I was only suggesting something - don't go off on one just because L'pool have about as much chance of winning the league as we do! ;)

Please bear in mind this is one of the best RSOC days in the calendar. It is so, because the format worked. If it aint broke......

Just my opinions by the way :rolleyes:

RichardPON

[Edited by SCC PERFORMANCE - 12/13/2002 9:41:19 AM]

Redkop 13 December 2002 09:57 AM

Rich, this year's show was a hurriedly put together one, so for this next one, more planning is going into it and I wasn't going off on one :p

Btw I think L'pool stand more chance than Spurs do :D :D

tweenierob 13 December 2002 05:11 PM

Bolton have more chance than spurs!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
Thanks for clearing that up Lynne..
Rob:)

Katana 13 December 2002 05:16 PM

I'm game Lynn. But you sure you want all your RS friends to feel insecure at the end of the day? :D

*flame suit on, awaits Co55ie*

tweenierob 13 December 2002 05:24 PM

Reckon my car will do 10's @1.5bar ;)
Rob