ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What the hell i sup with this BBS? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/158397-what-the-hell-i-sup-with-this-bbs.html)

NotoriousREV 12 November 2002 02:04 PM

Why is eveyone acting like something crawled up their ar$e?

Chill out, enjoy a healthy debate, quit turning every disagreement into a flame-fest, it's getting ridiculous.

EDIT: and what the hell i sup with my keyboard skills :rolleyes:

Oh, yeah, Happy Christmas ya to55ers

[Edited by NotoriousREV - 12/11/2002 2:05:43 PM]

AnDy_PaNdY 11 December 2002 06:23 PM

Did I miss something :eek:

Patt@firstime 11 December 2002 06:25 PM

As above have I missed summit? :confused:

MarkO 11 December 2002 06:27 PM

Can't you feel the latent heat eminating from the General Forum? ;)

Patt@firstime 11 December 2002 06:33 PM

Oh.....that thread Mark! ;) (spose it is a bit warm now that you mention it)

Bravo2zero_sps 11 December 2002 07:03 PM

NR i nearly posted something similar last night after reading the general forum and then also a muppet thread that was getting a bit warm ;) Was like going back to a few months ago when Webmaster had to post up asking people to chill out a little bit! Must be Christmas getting to everyone :p

I wouldnt even say MarkO had that much to do with it getting heated for once :p ;) and actually agreed with most of his points on the way it was all handled re posts etc.

I hope things improve in terms of attitude soon!

AnDy_PaNdY 11 December 2002 07:12 PM

Ahhh, just found it. Better than Coronation Street this is :D

MarkO 11 December 2002 07:14 PM

I wouldnt even say MarkO had that much to do with it getting heated for once and actually agreed with most of his points on the way it was all handled re posts etc.
<falls off chair> :eek:

The most stupid bit of the thread was probably the stuff where I got slagged off for quoting. WTF was that all about?!?!? :confused: :eek:

davyboy 11 December 2002 07:30 PM

The most stupid bit of the thread was probably the stuff where I got slagged off for quoting. WTF was that all about?!?!?
I have no idea?

Bravo2zero_sps 11 December 2002 09:33 PM

What I didnt understand is why the others couldnt grasp why JP posted on Scoobynet! Anyone who had been slagged off would want to come on and put their point across and after reading all the slagging u can't really blame the bloke for having a negative attitude. If it had been left purley for the SIDC and their BBS to talk about then it would have left Scoobynet out the whole situation and been dealt with by the SIDC mods in what was being said. The most outrageous part is if I remember correctly that only 3 scoobs got turned away as well as the Westfield. The way everyone went on it was like every single one got turned down! Those people who opened their mouths on here before talking to JP directly first are fools IMHO. U ask for a refund first, slag off when u get told no. Not slag off and then hold ur hand out and ask for a refund. Incredible! :rolleyes:

I wasn't there and the above is based on what I have read from both the posts on the topic.

MarkO 11 December 2002 09:47 PM

JP was a total idiot for posting what he did on SN. He must have known that the ensuing flame-fest would be as bad as the original one.

OTOH, he probably posted it, sat back, opened a bag of popcorn and a beer, and enjoyed the festivities from a ringside seat with a large smile on his face.

After all, the majority of his income must come from corporate days (large bucks for a minimal amount of effort) so losing a few trackdays is probably no big deal for him....

Bravo2zero_sps 11 December 2002 09:57 PM

Exactly, is he really gonna be bothered by the fact he will make people more wound up by his reply. He was just playing the game and baiting them to wind up the original posters for slagging him off. I can't really see him being very bothered by loss of business from a few off of scoobynet and the SIDC. I don't agree with what he said or did in anyway, but I don't think it was handled maturely at all by those who had a sabre to rattle!

I feel sorry for the organisers such as SIDC who will have seen what was probably a lot of hard work go very sour :(

NotoriousREV 11 December 2002 10:08 PM

It wasn't just that thread, there are a few about that seem to have ended up taking a nasty turn. People seem to be either misunderstanding what is being said or deliberately taking an opposing view and defending it staunchly and with the aid of personal insults.

Ah well, it's only the internet, if it gets too much I can always log off and talk to real people <shudder>

Bravo2zero_sps 11 December 2002 10:20 PM

LOL i know what u mean, i think a well known character on here took one of my comments the wrong way today on one of my posts and I didnt mean it in a bad way at all, just tongue in cheek. I could be wrong so cant say for sure but it seemed that way from his reply. I have replied saying I was only messing so will see if he replies.

I think its just getting all too touchy in here as one bad post leads to ill feeling and it spreads to other posts fairly rapidly and people start taking comments too seriously when they werent meant that way.

I blame the time of year :p

MarkO 11 December 2002 10:28 PM

People seem to be either misunderstanding what is being said or deliberately taking an opposing view and defending it staunchly and with the aid of personal insults.
I can't agree with that you tosser. I don't think that's the case at all, and I'll argue the fact until I'm blue in the face.

In fact, from now on, as a direct result of your post, I'm going to ban the entire membership of the Robin Reliant Owner's club from any future parties in my house.

:p ;) :D

NotoriousREV 11 December 2002 10:29 PM

The problem is, my personality won't let me let comments go, even when I know I'm being deliberately baited [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Just 2 more people to add to the little black book for the day I go postal ;)

MarkO 11 December 2002 10:39 PM

Just 2 more people to add to the little black book for the day I go postal
ROFL. My black book's already full. Let me know the date and I'll join you. We could double up and achieve a far greater hit rate. ;)

dsmith 11 December 2002 11:07 PM

It's the Band Of Brothers thread that does my head in. people having a Pop at SimonH 'cos hes had to learn about history whilst learning to fly and having seen a bit more of it for real (rather than via "full metal Jacket") suggested Band Of Brothers was meant to be about more than just an "action" flick :rolleyes:

Deano

Little Miss WRX 11 December 2002 11:30 PM

I think its just getting all too touchy in here as one bad post leads to ill feeling and it spreads to other posts fairly rapidly and people start taking comments too seriously when they werent meant that way.
Aye, it seems that people are adopting an American sense of humour and forgetting what British humour and sarcasm are about. ;)

Either that or PMT is worse than we thought and available in large amounts to men. :D

Popeye P1 11 December 2002 11:49 PM

'It's the Band Of Brothers thread that does my head in. people having a Pop at SimonH 'cos hes had to learn about history whilst learning to fly and having seen a bit more of it for real (rather than via "full metal Jacket") suggested Band Of Brothers was meant to be about more than just an "action" flick '

If you actually read that thread its SimonH whose misinterpreted Stiman's 1st post. He wasn't slagging off BOB just expressing his opinion.
Learn about history whilst learning to fly??? Not sure i understand that one, coz I did history at School????

Quote:-
'having seen a bit more of it for real '

Was he actually in the Ardenne or on Omaha beach??? No. And flyboys don't actually see much action on the ground.

To whom it concerns:- if you start flaming/patronising ppl expect the same sort of treatment back.

SimonH 12 December 2002 12:05 AM

Edited because it's not worth it.
:)

[Edited by SimonH - 12/12/2002 9:57:25 AM]

Popeye P1 12 December 2002 12:14 AM

My dad learnt most of his history knowledge from School/Television/Reading not on a few hrs a week officer training old chappy. Thought they're teaching you to fly??? Tallyho.

[Edited by Popeye P1 - 12/12/2002 12:17:42 AM]

SimonH 12 December 2002 12:18 AM

It's like arguing with soup.

Popeye P1 12 December 2002 12:22 AM

Soup?? Nope not been to the Naafi today.

Anyway enough said Simon. Can't be much of a busy flyboy as you seem to be a Scooby Regular??? My dad never has the time. Oh well fast jet pilots are a different breed. LOL.

SimonH 12 December 2002 12:24 AM

They certainly are; they let their kids stay up very late for a start. And on a school night.

NotoriousREV 12 December 2002 09:34 AM

Jason,

I might be misinterpreting what you're saying but I think you have misunderstood my "postal" comment:

v. joked, jok·ing, jokes
v. intr.
To tell or play jokes; jest.
To speak in fun; be facetious.

Everyone seems to have had a total sense of humour failure. Even Popeye P1, infamous for some of the funniest posts on SN has become just insulting and pedantic. And I'm not just singling him out, it's just there's a fine example of this in 2 threads in this forum (including this one).

And MarkO, I vigourously oppose your opposing stance, you tosser ;)

Now, everyone shake hands and say your sorry. I'll start:

wrxstiman, I'm sorry for being condescending towards you, it wasn't intended.

Popeye P1, I'm sorry for calling you insulting and pedantic

MarkO, tosser ;)

Next...

ChristianR 12 December 2002 10:21 AM

tbh, the bbs went down hill since the muppet area was created.

Mice_Elf 12 December 2002 10:24 AM

ooooh...cheap shot. :p

Bravo2zero_sps 12 December 2002 10:26 AM

But accurate :p

;)

banshi 12 December 2002 11:38 AM

i nearly posted something similar last night after reading the general forum

I think its just getting all too touchy in here
Wouldn't consider stating something controversial like:-

Those people who opened their mouths on here before talking to JP directly first are fools

Split personality, inconsistency, posturing or simple stupidity?