ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   Tek3 for MY02...with lots of mods (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/158054-tek3-for-my02-with-lots-of-mods.html)

john banks 12 October 2002 05:15 PM

Pat through Scoobysport is doing the WRX. Not sure if Bob Rawle is. Power Engineering is another option.

I am just doing the 99/00 and waiting for the STi 7 software. Not so much demand (I've had one person interested) for 01/02 WRX remaps in Scotland and I can't really do postal maps so easily with the new car because of the immobiliser (the car would be off the road whilst ECUs are sent back and forth and I don't have my own WRX to program the ECUs on). Nothing wrong at all with the WRX software, it is a technical and practical tour-de-force, and has better ignition and boost control than the old ones in particular. However, there is a fair bit of demand for the STi 7 I gather up here. If everyone knocked my door down for the WRX I could do them, but as things stand there seem to be far more in England. Also a bit busier now I am a partner in a GP practice (my "real" job :rolleyes: )

[Edited by john banks - 12/10/2002 5:17:19 PM]

Absolute Shower 10 December 2002 02:13 PM

Is it possible to have the Tek3 setup to run with an cold air induction kit, Forge atmo dump valve, HKS un-equal manifold, Scoobysport pre-turbo decat, Power Engineering System with sports cat and Blitz backbox, plus a Dawes device?

Could this question be passed to the famous Mr Banks? I'm a friend of Turbo Ken and he advised me to ask you.

shunty 10 December 2002 04:04 PM

don't know the answer to your question, but after seeing John's power graphs in another thread today, his username should be "Absolute Power";):D

shunty

FERRARINUTTER 10 December 2002 04:04 PM

Sure it could speak to Pete or Pat on 01268 590085; although the blled valve could come off as I believe the Tek 3 will control boost

Absolute Shower 10 December 2002 04:24 PM

Cheers...Well, John is the master so I've heard.

I know the dawes can be used with any chip, but will it have any advantage combined with the TEK3?

Pete Croney 10 December 2002 04:46 PM

AS

John said a while ago that he will be concentrating on 99/00 cars for the time being, so may be I can answer your question.

As Ferrarinutter said, it would be no problem at all mapping your set up with the EcuTek system, but we would want to do it without the Dawes as we would only map if the ECU could see exactly what was going on. Your boost control would be at least as good with the Dawes removed and a decent boost profile map installed.

Absolute Shower 10 December 2002 04:58 PM

Thanks Pete. How much would it cost for a map (without Dawes) with the mods I've got via Scoobysport and what max boost can I run? I do have the Scoobysport ODBII module fitted to the pre-turbo exhaust sensor but I suppose that won't make a difference??

What's the procedure for the Tek3 for install as I understand it remaps the existing chip.

Pete Croney 10 December 2002 05:17 PM

AS

Correct with the procedure, we don't need any access to the ECU, all work is done via the diagnostic port.

The cost is £650+vat for a standard set up but as your car has replacement headers it will require a complete custom map and this costs an extra £100+vat.

hades 10 December 2002 08:02 PM

I believe from conversation a few weeks ago that BR were intending to do the tek on the WRX (with the 3 port solenoid). They hadn't yet finished their testing/development etc, so weren't expecting to start taking bookings until New Year ish give or take, IIRC. Apologies to Bob if any of that is wrong.

Absolute Shower 23 December 2002 11:57 AM

thanks Pete. I'm up for the Tek3, but cannot make the order till early next year - Feb or March since I now have to fork out for a tracker device re insurance.

Abs