ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   food poisoning!!!!!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/157146-food-poisoning.html)

WRXBOB 12 August 2002 12:05 PM

Had similar thing after a meal at a pub, within a couple of hrs of eating I had the same sort of syptoms as you.
According to the doctor, it was not the actual food that was off, but someone who handled it had not washed their hands after going to the loo and had passed a gastric bug onto the food then into me :eek:

you could say you've been eating sh1t

needless to say I wont eat there again!

Bob

[Edited by WRXBOB - 12/8/2002 12:06:10 PM]

jonny gav 07 December 2002 11:23 AM

i was at the uci cinema in gateshead last night, got my favorite natcho with cheese dip.

got right to the end of the movie and started to feel queezie.

got home (15 min drive) and was starting to feel really sick and light headed.

needless to say what came next but i was up all night not knowing which end to put on the toilet.

now i know for a fact that it was the cheese dip that was at fault as i hadn't had anything to eat since 12noon.

rang the head office this morning to complain but was just passed around.

no managers to speak to! (how convenient)

they took my number but haven't rang me back (suprise suprise)

anyone any idea what i should do next???

darlodge 07 December 2002 11:26 AM

Go and buy some more and get a sample, make the branch manager try it :D that should be a laugh.

Darren

swan 07 December 2002 11:30 AM

Fax them so that there is a physical record of your complaint. If no joy, put an advert in your local paper asking for people with similar experiences to contact you. Then take it up with your local health department. Depends just how "upset" you are.

alcazar 07 December 2002 12:12 PM

However............you DO know that there's a bug doing the rounds in Northern England, with EXACTLY those symptoms, don't you? Effects last up to 48 hours, it's a sort of gastric flu, called the "Nowalak Virus" I think.
Alcazar

zoog 07 December 2002 12:24 PM

see your GP to get medical evidence or you won't have a leg to stand on.

Standard Coca Cola (ie. NOT diet) allowed to go flat, is very good for rehydration after serious vomiting. You will feel so much better if you down a litre of it, I tried it myself.

stubarru 07 December 2002 01:51 PM

Hope you are feeling better mate

Remembering my Uni days I'm pretty sure it takes around 8 hours for food poisoning to get into you system, so it might be worth thinking about what you ate before that. If you do go to the doctor he will probably ask for a sample..... Loveley!!

dhorwich 07 December 2002 01:59 PM

jonnyGav,

Unlucky..!!!!! if you want it done properly save some of your sh*t and put it in the fridge:D and get the public health laboratory round..!!

If you want to make a claim they will need a sh*t sample so they can compare the bacteria to that in the cheese dip at the cinema...!

But it is probably to late by now..!! in the future just have a huge bag of minstrels or maltesers..!!!

Dan:D:D:D

Alas 07 December 2002 04:42 PM

No fun!!
Before you declare all out war be careful on the type of Food Poisoning you might have. Dependant on which one, onset of symptoms can go from 2 - 24 hours in the most common strains.
Could have been dinner the night before etc.
Go to the docs and you'll know for sure.
Then complain like hell. :D
Alas

jonny gav 07 December 2002 06:23 PM

thanks for all you replies guys, starting to feel a little better now.

i gave the flat coke thing a try but couldn't keep it down!

one thing is for sure, i am never eating that stuff again just in case :D

Contigo 07 December 2002 07:05 PM

Was the film good?

gravelexpress 07 December 2002 07:13 PM

"nacho .. nacho man .. i wanna be a nacho man" HJ SIMPSON

sorry jonny i couldnt resist it

Luke 07 December 2002 08:06 PM

Probably the film that made you sick..The krap they show these days...

jonny gav 08 December 2002 11:09 AM

yeah, the film was utter bollox "deathwatch"

jonny gav 08 December 2002 02:37 PM

holy sh1t!!!!!!!