ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Frighened Parents :) (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/156111-frighened-parents.html)

beanchimp 03 December 2002 09:55 PM

Just nipped round to my mum & dads, to show them my new pride & joy

they wanted to come out for a spin

slowly through the estate at first, my mum commenting how nice it is, then onto the dual carriageway, quick blast from 2nd gear, upto 80Mph, my dad was grinning, and my mum said oh god, sounds like an aeroplane taking off :)

They both enjoyed it tho

Steve

Ted Maul 05 December 2002 12:39 PM

lovely stuff. I remember taking out my father and brother in law when I got mine (same colour as yours - nice) and my father in law had white knuckles, a cold sweat and was very quiet, and my brother in law just had this big grin. happy days..enjoy them.

CrisPDuk 05 December 2002 12:44 PM

My mum borrowed mine once just after I got it, she had (still has) a 1.8 Cav automatic, she put her foot down pulling out of a side road into traffic & nearly buried it in the back of the car in front:eek: It put her off borrowing my cars for a good while:)

ricco 05 December 2002 12:52 PM

When i first showed my folks, i let my dad have a drive in it as well, he was grinning like a school boy as soon as he set off!!

:D:D:D

3times 05 December 2002 01:08 PM

Back when two stroke bikes were kings of the road I took my uncle out on my recently purhased RD250. Gave it large (as 17 year olds tend to) only for my uncle to say that it was ok. Only ok, I nearly killed us trying to impress.

fusioneer 05 December 2002 01:09 PM

I gave my Dad a blast in my MY99 UK Turbo a few years back, he refuses to get into my P1 even to go down the shops! :D

oj 05 December 2002 01:15 PM

I remember my first experience in a scooby, thinking that it won't frighten me and yes these crs are suppose to be quick.. Not expecting much, then I got the shock when he unleashed the beast, boy how I changed my mind... Yes, I must omit that my knuckles were white after the little spin..!! and tht's why I got my scooby now..!! not for the faint hearted..!!

Enjoy your car...!!! I bet you haven't stopped smiling..!!

pcdude 05 December 2002 01:15 PM

lol , beanchimp I m off tonight to show my parents my new pride and joy ,,and i will proberly get the same response as you did , thats if i can get my mum in the car lmao

pcdude 05 December 2002 05:29 PM

OMG just took me mum home in the scoob and she nearly pukes in my car , can you beleive that , she heaved when i accelerated from 30 - 70 in like a few secs ,,,i aint taking her out in it again ,, geez nearly had me interior re-designed

Gav 05 December 2002 05:48 PM

i took my mum out in mine the day i got it, she had white nuckles but she was grinning like a cheshire cat!! she loves the car almost as much as i do, helps me wash it, polish it etc etc! what a star...

Shark 05 December 2002 05:57 PM

Mum won't go near my 01MY PPP, and Dad's got a P1, so not much chance of scaring either of them :D

David

scooby-si 05 December 2002 07:51 PM

took my mum out in mine, i floored it:D and got a punch in the gob:(imao

beanchimp 06 December 2002 10:12 PM

Just to follow on

Was in Bristol Last night, took one of my friends out for a spin, he asked 'so what have you had out of it then' he was shocked when I said erm, about 85 tops :)

Still learning the car , plus I like my license

He was impressed with the car tho, and Jason, his next door neighbour (the guy from top gear) said I got a bargain with my car, and a belter too

Steve