ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Suspension (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/)
-   -   Which coilovers do u have? (https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension-12/155942-which-coilovers-do-u-have.html)

Wurzel 12 September 2002 08:46 PM

KW variant 1, great suspension but if I had to criticise it I would say the rear of the car is to light for the stiffness of the springs but saying that the car holds the road like a slot car.
I also have uprated ARB's front and back and metal drop links front and back.

[Edited by Wurzel - 12/10/2002 8:40:17 AM]

black knight 03 December 2002 01:08 PM

Looking to purchase a set of coilovers. Just wondering what sort of coilovers are on my fellow scoobynetters and what kind of ride can be expected?

thanks.

Kippax 04 December 2002 04:25 PM

leda b's

Bad Bads 04 December 2002 08:00 PM

KW variant 3's

T-uk 05 December 2002 07:43 PM

how do you get on with the KW V3's,have you had them on track and are they soft enough for daily use on bumpy british roads?

Boostman 05 December 2002 09:44 PM

I have the KW Variant 3's (changed from PSS9's) and can say that the ride is perfectly acceptable on the road and mine are still set on factory settings,I've yet to start playing around with them,as for the track Paul (Bad Bads) has recently been on the track with them and can give you a better idea of how they perform.

Len.

Bad Bads 05 December 2002 10:37 PM

I have just done my first track day with the KW's and they are very good.If I did have a criticism it would be that the front spring's could do with being a tad stiffer.As they are at the moment you need the adjustment almost round to the stiffest and still it feel's like it could do with some more.I know that on a track you could have the stiffest spring's around and still feel you could go even harder,but I do feel that with slightly stiffer spring's it would give you a greater range of adjustment.
As an experiment I left the track setting on the car.This is definately too firm for the road but as Len said the factory setting is fine.
Cheers Paul.

caz1562 09 December 2002 11:19 PM

Boostman - Why did you change from the PSS9's ?

I was thinking of possibly replacing my STi Prodrive Bilstein's with these coilovers. Any feedback please.

dowser 10 December 2002 06:51 AM

You can order KW with your desired spring rates. Do you have a rear ARB? This introduces roll at the front.

Richard

Boostman 10 December 2002 08:02 AM

I changed from the PSS9's because I was concerned about the fact that I could not go as fast as with the standard KYB's without fear of losing control or hitting my head on the roof!

Len.

T-uk 10 December 2002 07:30 PM

they sound like a good all round compromise.

so what spring rate has everyone asked for?.

dowser 10 December 2002 10:25 PM

I ended up buying my kit 2nd hand - biggest drawback with KW is the waiting list, everything is made to order, it was 3 months delivery back in spring.

Mine are with the standard (recommended for road use) springs - don't know the rates anymore, but have an email from KW in the office somewhere.

Richard

liteboy 11 December 2002 05:05 PM

I am getting my PSS9's replaced on Friday at Powerstation. I am having the latest Spax RSX555 kit fitted, they have made some changes the construction fron the origional RSX's and now have 28 damping ajustments. The PSS9's were ok on ultra smooth surfaces but as others have said once you hit bumpy a and b roads you are all over the place. Also the Spax kit is £840 which makes it very reasonable.