ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Who's the last band you "discovered".... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/155621-whos-the-last-band-you-discovered.html)

paulr 02 December 2002 12:52 PM

For me its the Red Hot Chilli Peppers,a bit late i know:rolleyes:,but someone just leant me "By the Way".

Cant stop playing it now:D....

...btw,while i'm here,what other RHCP albums would anyone recommend :)....

ChrisB 02 December 2002 12:56 PM

Not so much discovered, buy I got the new Groove Armada album (Lovebox) amongst others last week.

Fantastic - Nene Cherry does some brilliany vocals. Track five (Think Twice...) is a belter.

red_dog104 02 December 2002 01:00 PM

The Music, Korn, Foo Fighters and Queens of the Stoneage. Started religiously watching Kerrang and have seen these alot! These are only a few of the ones I really like. I've been on a cd buying spree recently!!! :D

roee 02 December 2002 01:01 PM

Cinematic Orchestra, Brilliant just like the rest of the stuff their label makes (Ninja Tune).

Avril 02 December 2002 01:05 PM

RHCP's Blood Sugar Sex Magik and Mother's Milk. Go buy it now. Go.

xyzpaul 02 December 2002 01:05 PM

Queens Of The Stone Age for me too. This is a band who rock :))

rallyb0y02 02 December 2002 01:09 PM

i'm a massive RHCP fan, get californication, by far the best album! i have blood sugar sex magic, mothers milk, by the way and californication! all good!

Switch

dogmaul 02 December 2002 01:10 PM

no the early rhcp stuff is much better but its all good freaky style or how ever its spelt is another one of their good albums

rallyb0y02 02 December 2002 01:12 PM

all depends whether you prefer they're fast music or slow! i prefer the slow but there ya go! californication is definatly worth buying though!!

Switch

TelBoy 02 December 2002 01:14 PM

Said it recently. Say it again:

Pearl Jam

Hong Kong Phooey 02 December 2002 01:39 PM

Daft Punk :D

Little Miss WRX 02 December 2002 02:33 PM

I agree with the recommendation for the early stuff of the RHCP with the freaky, funk, rock styleeee. :D

I have always been a Chili's fan though. :D

I have recently discovered Queens Of The Stone Age through my brother, also The Doves - Coldplay style.

NotoriousREV 02 December 2002 02:40 PM

Recently re-discovered Ned's Atomic Dustbin (0.522), I'm now growing out my Number 2 buzz-cut and re-growing my lank curtain fringe. :D

red_dog104 02 December 2002 02:42 PM

Neds Atomic Dustbin!!!! My god. Blast from the past!!! You must be getting on in years :D :D :D

dogmaul 02 December 2002 02:46 PM

i have actually just discovered my brothers band :D they arnt bad really kind of punk/ska not too bad as he is only 15

NotoriousREV 02 December 2002 03:08 PM

red_dog104, you cheeky mare :D

I'm a hale and hearty 28 going on 15. ;)

pslewis 02 December 2002 03:41 PM

RUNRIG - I have a VERY slow mind at my age ;)

Pete

mista weava 02 December 2002 03:55 PM

roee,

cinematics rock!

have you seen them live? sumat else bruv.

also if you liike your funk, quantic from brighton are excellent.

weava

paulr 02 December 2002 04:06 PM

i'm a massive RHCP fan, get californication, by far the best album! i have blood sugar sex magic, mothers milk, by the way and californication! all good!

all depends whether you prefer they're fast music or slow! i prefer the slow but there ya go! californication is definatly worth buying though!!
I would classify "By the Way" as a slowish,more mainstream type of rock.
Thanks,i'll check these out:).....

red_dog104 02 December 2002 04:11 PM

I'm a hale and hearty 28 going on 15.
Bugger, I'm older than you (just!) Poo!!!! :D Still, you ARE getting on :D

Mice_Elf 02 December 2002 04:15 PM

Not really "just" discovered, but Nickelback are :cool:

paulr 02 December 2002 04:27 PM

A friend at work introduced them to me Mice,....i like them,.....but us over 30's like something a bit slower;)....

Mice_Elf 02 December 2002 04:32 PM

pffft.... yeah right. :p

555 Markus 02 December 2002 04:33 PM

"Kill your Television" by Neds Atomic Dustbin was such a great single. As an ageing punk (yes I remember 1976/77 :eek::rolleyes:) it got me interested in music again, and I spent ages following them and Mega City Four round on tour. Nostaglia, eh? :)

paulr 02 December 2002 04:38 PM

Markus....one of the first bands i ever saw was Southern Death Cult.How long ago was that:eek:......was never really into punk though....

NotoriousREV 02 December 2002 04:41 PM

555 Markus, I bought the album 0.522 because it had "Kill Your Remix" on it, which funnily enough is a remix of Kill Your Television and a superior version, IMHO ;)

Oh and because 0.522 is a remix and b-sides album, it has a Ned's sticker onit that says "Pay no more then £5.22" right next to the HMV sticker that also says £5.22,another reason I bought it :D

555 Markus 02 December 2002 05:47 PM

Yep, I remember Southern Death Cult :D. I've got the Fatman single here...that was 1982, before they became Death Cult and then just plain old Cult and discovered metal :(. Billy Duffy was one of my guitar heroes :).

Had some manic night watching Neds. Best concert was probably at the Zap in Brighton for a Radio 1 special. Very small venue, spent the afternoon sitting on the beach drinking with the band and then probably spent more of the concert on the tiny stage than in the audience. Pretty :cool:.

Also saw the Pixies a few times at Crystal Palace and Brixton, and fondly remember buying Miki from Lush a pint of cider and watching the concert with her. God I loved her :D.

My early punk days were spent watching The Damned, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Killing Joke, and was also lucky enough to be at the Rainbow in 1978 to see Public Image Limited.

Music just ain't the same now :(

Kramer 02 December 2002 06:27 PM

Just discovered The cinematic orchestra as well,very good a bit like St.Germain??

But have Re-discovered Ride,just listening to 'Going blank again' great album!

Ned's were so cool...I've gotta go and dig that one out now!