ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Interior (https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-15/)
-   -   Cleaning stuff off ya seats (https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-15/154426-cleaning-stuff-off-ya-seats.html)

Gridlock Mikey 28 November 2002 08:41 AM

As you know I have a MY00 :D 38,000 miles :( and generally in good nick :D

About 3 months ago, during a moment of weakness, i'd dropped me missus off and was sat in the scoob waiting for her. Like a to55er, i leant into the passenger footwell, felt under the chair and found my emergency bottle of Dr Pepper! Like an even bigger buffoon, i opened it and .....yep you guessed it, psshhhhhhhhhhhttttttttt all over the inside of the car :(

Now the inside of the car is spotless and there are no signs of the Dr Pepper moment except the drivers seat. Where the Ass groove is there is slight discolouration and staining (Shut up!!! ;) ) now obviously you can't just set about it with a sponge and water (Or can you?) cos the seat would surely retain the water for days. How do you clean seats?

Mikey :cool:

555-Shaggy 28 November 2002 08:51 AM

Personally, I'd use some form of upholstry cleaner.. problem is its liquid again as you already pointed out.. if you get a better solution, let me know...

Gridlock Mikey 28 November 2002 08:56 AM

Ah-Ha, so i am not alone ;)

chrome 28 November 2002 09:27 AM

drop Mark Underwood (Wax Wizard) a line or ask Gossy???
These boys valet for a living so I'd hope they had an answer..

7 Foot 28 November 2002 09:31 AM

I have a blurry memory of using a foam to clean a coke stained seat in my old Golf GTI.

Can't remember any more but will have a think.

Andy Porter 28 November 2002 09:32 AM

Simoniz ( spelt wrong ) do an upholstry cleaner, used it on my bro's van at the w/e, works a treat. Its foam so you dont soak the seats, about £6 in the H word ;)
Andyp

JoeyDeacon 28 November 2002 09:57 AM

When I got my first car the interior looked as if somebody had been living in it.

Anyway we hired one of those carpet shampooers and on a hot summers day took out all the seats and boot carpet, put them in the garden and cleaned them with the carpet shampooer. Once they had dried they looked as good as new.

Don't know how hard it is too take the seat out of an Impreza but maybe you could take it indoors and do the same thing?

Dave_A 28 November 2002 01:42 PM

I used some autoglym interior shampoo stuff in my car when I first got it. Just needs a farily light application and invigorating with a cloth. Does leave the seat damp for a while, so worth doing when the cars not going to be used for 24hrs or so.

R.B 28 November 2002 09:35 PM

Oxy clean on sky :D

alcazar 28 November 2002 10:56 PM

See my reply to your other thread....Autoglym stuff works a treat!
Alcazar

Gridlock Mikey 29 November 2002 08:08 AM

Cheers chaps ;)

Mark Underwood 09 December 2002 11:45 AM

gridlock mickey...u need some of multiclean. This will easily removed the offensive stain!!!