ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/)
-   -   question for BPM (https://www.scoobynet.com/dealer-and-third-party-supplier-queries-3/15407-question-for-bpm.html)

strong 11 September 1999 12:43 PM

Greg,

Regarding the car which had the bent wastegate valve when it was fitted with a BPM turbo, intercooler and exhaust system, what were the results of the findings at Well Lane Turbo where I believe it was due to be looked at after the problem was discovered?

You said previously "I am actually very pleased with our figures". Could you quote what the car achieved, since these are useful UK dyno figures (not that we don't trust the Aussie dynos)?

Paul.

DAVID POWER 13 September 1999 11:11 PM

Paul

Did you receive a reply?

It would be interesting to know the final outcome.

BPM 13 September 1999 11:30 PM

Paul,

I stated I was quite pleased with the outcome and quite pleased with our dyno figures considering the problem. A slight misunderstanding.
I was not directly referring to the dyno results. The dyno figures were only part of the equation for BPM.
The results will be published when we finish what we have to do.
We realise the expectations are there so please be patient

Thanks

Greg Nikolettos
BPM Marketing

[This message has been edited by BPM (edited 13-09-1999).]

strong 14 September 1999 09:29 PM

Greg,

Sorry, but I don't understand your answer. Are you happy with what the car produced at Power Engineering, Well Lane or your own Australian dyno figures?

The car was dyno'd at Power Engineering with, you say, a dodgy wastegate valve and it output less power and torque than before the mods.

Then you said "The car is now at Well Lane Turbo where someone can rectify this".

So what were the results produced by the Well Lane Dyno after the wastegate valve was fixed?

Or is the car still being worked on, hence the comment: "results will be published when we finish what we have to do"?

Yours confused,

Paul.

BPM 20 September 1999 07:02 AM

Paul,

Sorry I did not see this earlier. We are still shipping one other item before we dyno it correctly and all results we be published.
I mentioned I was happy with the results considering the problem that was encountered.
As well as that Mike's car showed good figures taking onto account it's problems as well.(Check Mike's post)
Results will soon be shown and I will 100% confident the Australian results will be duplicated.

LINK 99 now shipping!

If you have any further queries , please do not hesitate to email me or we can chat online with
ICQ (45940764)

Greg Nikolettos
BPM/AVO Marketing
Phone: (617) 3272-8885
Mobile: 0410 678 989
Fax: (617) 3218 8880

The AVO website will be moving to

Mike Tuckwood 20 September 1999 10:50 AM

I hope I am not speaking out of turn here but I am going to speak anyway.

My car did have three cams out of sync but still managed to develop 254bhp and 240 lb/ft it was doing this though before the BPM exhaust was fitted so it cannot be compared.

Even when it does get onto the RR, whatever figures it gets we will not be able to attribute to the BPM exhaust. That will only be possible if a back to back test is done.

I am willing to donate my car if somebody wants to do such a test, (<I>as long as it doesn't cost me anything or damage anything</I>). They will also have to make their minds up and move quick because a Possum Link is looming rapidly on the horizon.

Basically the results will not be duplicated unless somebody does a back to back test at some stage.

Mike.