ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   some car vs another car (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/151982-some-car-vs-another-car.html)

ScoobyJawa 20 November 2002 11:41 AM

didn't think there were enough vs threads lately so thought I'd add one, feel free to add your vs below ;) :p

:D

Dark Blue Mark 20 November 2002 11:55 AM

My dad's bigger than yours and he's a policeman who will come and arrest you and put you in prison and stuff.

(he's not a copper really just in case anyone accuses him of being a c*nt)

MB

bioforger 20 November 2002 12:18 PM

my bosses oldman was a copper, n my boss is a c*nt :D

Devil's Refugee 20 November 2002 03:24 PM

I think Some Car is faster, but Another Car has more torque!

hades 20 November 2002 06:53 PM

Some car would win throught the twisties, but another car would be better in the wet. And you could chip it to give much more power than either.

0 - muppetdom in 8 posts?

ScoobyJawa 21 November 2002 12:02 PM

but what if another car had been chipped when some car was standard? :D

D Brown 21 November 2002 04:00 PM

but what if Some driver was driving another car on some road that hew new whilst another driver was driving some car on another road?

TBMeech 21 November 2002 04:07 PM

But I thought Another driver was actually some drivers co-driver, in someones car? bearing in mind the other car actually has a 10000 NOS bottle and supercharging on it too :)

Dark Blue Mark 21 November 2002 07:04 PM

Jawa :D

MB

Scooby Dooby Blue 21 November 2002 07:34 PM

I had some car a couple of years ago but now have another car.
Never looked back :D

My wife also had some car and recently changed to another car but hers doesn't seem quite as good as mine...which is strange.

C'mon Little Miss WRX, get yer finger out ;):p:D

Swift Nick 21 November 2002 08:19 PM

LOL @ SDB :D

Countdown continues.....

bluenose172 21 November 2002 08:42 PM

Nobody's looking at this one subjectively, clearly you cannot compare some car vs another car without taking into account some other factors. You would have to consider that some driver in some car may be better than another driver in the other car. It's pretty clear to me!

Devil's Refugee 21 November 2002 09:20 PM

Another factor would have to be that some driver in some car may not be able to handle the power so would have to swap for another car.
Can't see the same happening when another driver trades in for some car though.

I dunno, personally I wouldn't choose either car, I'd rather go for the other car myself.

Swift Nick 21 November 2002 09:58 PM

Can sort of see your point, but....

Any other driver in any other "faster car" would surely have the advantage? :D ;)

Brendan Hughes 21 November 2002 10:03 PM

What tyres do they have, and is there the same amount of tread left?

ScoobyJawa 21 November 2002 10:21 PM

right, once and for all. If some car and another car had identical specs, driven by the same any old driver, which would you go for?

:D

hades 21 November 2002 10:44 PM

Neither.

Or both?

I'd go for the one driven by me, not by the same any old driver. Well known fact that "my car is quicker than yours" - whether it's some car or another doesn't matter. Ask anyone and they'll tell you that.

skoobidude 22 November 2002 06:48 PM

My willy is bigger than your fanny!

bashful 22 November 2002 07:58 PM

It's quite simple to sort this out objectively. I've got reviews of some car and another car pasted out of two different magazines at different times. We can accurately factor out the bias caused by measurements taken by some journalist and another journalist at different tracks at different times. (Although it was rumoured that the other press car was slightly 'non-standard'.)

My money's on both of them being better in 'real-world' driving.