ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Samsung T100 - phonebook (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/150280-samsung-t100-phonebook.html)

druddle 14 November 2002 09:43 AM

The other half is getting a T100 delivered to replace her Nookia 8110 tomorrow.

Is there a way of copying the phone numbers off her existing SIM card onto either the Nokia or the T100 and then copying them from there onto her new SIM card ?

Dave

jasonwrxowner 14 November 2002 09:54 AM

You should be able to save all numbers from the sim card onto the phones memory and from there save all the numbers from the phones memory to the new sim card.

:D

druddle 14 November 2002 10:18 AM

Can i definitely do this on the T100 then ?

sillysi 14 November 2002 11:20 AM

Yes. You may have a problem if the phones are on a different network as the handsets may be locked, but if you are on the same network then no problem.

druddle 14 November 2002 11:21 AM

Cool, both SIM cards are Vodafone.

Cheers guys

DAve

druddle 14 November 2002 11:27 AM

Just to check, if the old SIM has been disconnected (will be tomorrow) before the new SIM arrives will i still be able to get the numbers off it ?

DRUNKNORGY 14 November 2002 11:34 AM

I have one of these T100's
Nice phone, especially on the hands free
comes with data cable for uploading pics and ringtones but no software for editing the phonebok on the pc that i've found as of yet. Transfered my old numbers from my old sim card to my T100 and then put in the new sim card

Dracoro 14 November 2002 01:08 PM

druddle. you should be able to transfer the #'s anytime. Disabling the SIM only stops the phone being able to connect to a network AFAIK.

sillysi 14 November 2002 02:20 PM

I would transfer your numbers before your old sim is disabled as you may find your phone can not access the numbers on the disabled sim. This was the case when I got a new sim from T-Mobile.

jasonwrxowner 14 November 2002 02:26 PM

If you don't have time then it's the old fashioned way for you.......:eek:

Write them all down and then program them all in by hand to the new phone.:D

Let's hope that you don't have to go down this route.:(

User 1421 14 November 2002 04:47 PM

IIRC the Samsung phones let you save the numbers to either
(a) Phone memory or
(b) sim mem.

bung the sim into the card , goto the phonebook , select the entry using the top right button ,a nother menu should come up , look for the copy , and select to phone ...
all the numbers will then me on the phone , not on the sim.
HTH
Andy

Reffro 14 November 2002 05:53 PM

By the way for those that have telephones numbers that may get stuck on an old SIM card. The card only know's it is blocked when you switch on the phone and it tries to connect to the network. If you switch the phone on in an area with no reception, so the phone cannot talk to the network, the menu's etc on the phone will remain free for editing.