ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Pocket Alcohol Analysers (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/149988-pocket-alcohol-analysers.html)

Molds 13 November 2002 12:29 PM

Anyone got one?

I had some junk mail for one this morning. Says it is calibrated to UK limit and costs £34.95.

Often I am over cautious the "morning after" as I prefer to be safe not sorry.

Wondered how accurate these things are compared to being breathalised by the device the Police use?

Coming up to Xmas, i.e. drinking season ;) it seems like a sensible thing to have?

M

jasonwrxowner 13 November 2002 12:48 PM

Coming up to Xmas, i.e. drinking season it seems like a sensible thing to have?
Is it not more sensible to not drink AT ALL if you are driving or get a cab?

[Edited by jasonwrxowner - 11/13/2002 12:49:34 PM]

Molds 13 November 2002 12:53 PM

I never drink a drop when I have the car.

I was really meaning for "the morning after" - as stated. Yes you can roughly calculate the nr units versus nr hours passed but maybe a device such as this would make it less of a guess - if they are any good. Hence question, and post...

Mark Miwurdz 13 November 2002 12:53 PM

To be fair mate, he is talking about the morning after. Or are you suggesting you should never drink anything at all?

Mark Miwurdz 13 November 2002 12:54 PM

....you beat me to it :D

Molds 13 November 2002 12:55 PM

:D

Amanda-Jane 13 November 2002 12:55 PM

Never mind the morning after, 3 days later for me and I was stopped and it was borderline :eek:

I never drive the day after now, it's just not worth it IMO

Amanda x

CraigH 13 November 2002 01:41 PM

3 days Holy 5hit :eek:

Bet you smelt nice ;)

ADP 13 November 2002 01:46 PM

3 days! Jees I wanna come out drinking with you some time, you sound like fun.

Amanda-Jane 13 November 2002 01:47 PM

lol!

I heard it was a good party though :)

Amanda

Molds 13 November 2002 02:07 PM

Does anyone have one / used one / know someone who does / has ?

MATTeL 13 November 2002 02:19 PM

Velryba's Chick (I just know I spelt that wrong) has one and I used it once at the Guildford night out last year.

Apparently to TGI Ultimate cocktails put you over the limit!:rolleyes:;)

I am not sure how accurate it is/was though.

ADP 13 November 2002 04:52 PM

lol someone told you you turned up then??

na really this is quite worrying, Ive driven home on a Sat afternoon feeling ropey after a big friday night out, I really reckon that I was probably over the limit hearing this. never again.

Barnaby 13 November 2002 05:12 PM

I've got one and I always use it if going to work after drinking until late the night before.

Have two times been over or close to the limit in the morning. Walked to work.

DavidRB 13 November 2002 05:31 PM

OK, so it takes roughly one hour to get rid of one unit of alcohol. Three days is 72 hours. That equates to 72 pints of lager. Good on yer! :D ;)

midget1500 13 November 2002 05:46 PM

i got one from boysStuff.co.uk...about 30 quid.

sh1t. rubbish. total crap.

i know it's for morning after but even if u have a mouthful of beer it will read totally over limit immediately.

mines now broke??? after a few goes, it always says max over limit even when u turn it on.

Barnaby 13 November 2002 06:47 PM

Mine is very accurate. On New Years Eve 2000 a bunch of friends raced ourselves using it :)

It was noticable how people with smaller body mass got higher readings on the same amount of alcohol. And the heavy drinkers tended to have close to 3 pints before being over the limit.

Oh and on that 72 pints thing, it's usually 2 units per pint so only 36 pints ;)