ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Please take a look ... Prodrive's answer... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/149821-please-take-a-look-prodrives-answer.html)

cico 12 November 2002 07:13 PM

Hi mates,
i would like you to check this out and give your comments : I sent an e-mail to Prodrive to have infos about PPP and they replied giving some comments about my mods and i'm surprised about the one regarding panel filter...i was told many times that panel filters don't damage the engine and that K&N,the one i fitted, are really safe.
Hereafter you'll find my e-mail,i cancelled names and surnames just for the privacy.
thanks to all:

Dear Francesco

Please see below for answers.

Kind regards

N W

Good evening,
i would like to know something more about PPP to be fitted on my impreza turbo my '98. My car has already a full decatted exhaust system and a filter panel , so i'm not interested in fitting the downpipe and the central section of the exhaust, is it pox anyway ?
[N W] I would certainly not describe our exhaust section as 'pox'. We do not fit our PPP's onto modified vehicles.
Also, we do not recommend the fitting of replacement air filters. They do not have as high a filtration rate as the standard filter, this can cause an ingress of dirt onto the air flow meter. The ECU then detects the engine is not getting enough air and lowers the fuel/air ratio, causing the engine to run lean. This can cause pistons and valves to burn out.
It concerns me to know about the possible power reachable and if my car will keep its reliability , i'm a bit afraid about electronic mods...
[N W] Our kit has been designed to keep full reliability. This is why we do not allow it to be fitted to cars with other modifications.
I already wrote you asking infos for a suspension kit and i'm still evaluating how to spend my money : in performances or in suspensions...
By the way i would like to know the price of the PPP without exhaust parts including the delivery to Genoa Italy (close to Milan)
[N W] £1700.00 (GBP) for the complete kit.
I really thank you and i appreciate your help.
Best regards,
Francesco

johnfelstead 12 November 2002 07:37 PM

aftermarket panel filters can kill the MAF sensor, especially on the later models which use a film sensor. So what they are saying is understandable.

carl 12 November 2002 07:39 PM

I don't think it was a good idea to call their exhaust 'pox' :(

cico 12 November 2002 08:04 PM

Carl,
i meant if it was pox anyway to fit a Ecu of theirs on my car even if it already had a full decatted exhaust, probably i didn't express my self clearly.

johnfelstead 12 November 2002 08:25 PM

LOL

Love it when languages get mixed up.

POX in the UK means it's crap, rubbish, no good, $hit!!!

You should have said Poss? as in possible. :D LOL

cico 12 November 2002 08:51 PM

Ops...that's why the guy of Prodrive wasn't very happy...
Thanks, i've learned another way to say something sucks !!
Cheers

johnfelstead 12 November 2002 08:54 PM

and its oops, ops are something you have in a hospital, probably where the guys at prodrive want to send you at the moment. :D

mista weava 12 November 2002 09:03 PM

it is great to see the international appeal of imprezas!

maybe we need to learn a bit more italian, we brits get it too easy witht he language thing!
lol at this thread :):):):)
weava

Attu 12 November 2002 09:21 PM

Love the pox comment :)
Prodrive will only fit a PPP to a standard car as they cant guarentee the PPP if youve done other mods to it, what you do to it after youve had the PPP fitted is up to you (ive got a Scooby sport exhaust on my PPP car)
The comment they make about the filter isnt 100% correct as they fitted RamAir filters to PPP cars pre 98.
Why not look out for a Prodrive ecu in the for sale section then you can fit it for alot less and not have to worry about your mods.

Andy

Jaay 12 November 2002 09:24 PM

Almost in tears (Laughter)at the thread in its entirity.

10/10 tho! :)

Ive got an Apexi cone, Filter looks similar to the K&N one but then my MAF is ye olde style so should be Ok??

ARRON BIRD 12 November 2002 10:15 PM

POX is something that John doesnt really wanna remember too well. He had a bad dose only a little while ago ;)

Sorry to bring it up John but I thought we should all know ;)

johnfelstead 12 November 2002 10:26 PM

yep,i had chicken POX as a kid. :p:D

mista weava 12 November 2002 10:37 PM

ppp - now known as prodrive pox package ;)!
weava

cico 14 November 2002 08:21 PM

That was great !
I repeat and i write pox at least 10 times per day when i'm working !!
I work in an international company and the fact is that also english people sometimes write "pox" in their e-mail , considering it as possible ...
Anyway let's talk about something really serious : the wastegate.
I saw a wastegate and by-pass valve kit on a brochure,i called the dealer and he told me that,fitting it, i could have gained about 28-30 cv : do you think is it POX ? ... OPS ... no sorry ! poss and oops !
And what about the reliability of the car?
Thanks guys !

Brendan Hughes 14 November 2002 10:38 PM

NW might possibly perhaps maybe equal Nick Wadeson, who is openly a regular on this board.

He must be WETTING himself reading this :D:D:D:D:D