ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Any midwifes, contraction question (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/148665-any-midwifes-contraction-question.html)

Pavlo 11 September 2002 06:37 PM

Marty,

I take it someone has explain what a Braxton-Hicks contraction is? In readyness for the big day the uterous has loads of these, starting from very early, although they probably don't get felt.

As the day gets closer, and room runs out, the Braxton-Hicks contractions will get stronger, but not especially more frequent. It's the body's way of getting into shape for the main event.

If the contractionis just a little uncomfortable, then it's probably a Braxton-Hicks. If the contraction causes complete loss of speech, and some actual pain, then get prepared, keep her moving about, kneeling, but try to avoid lying on back, as it's about the worst place to be for child birth (yes I realise that plenty of births happen like this).

edited to add, didn't notice first post was yesterday!

Paul

[Edited by Pavlo - 11/9/2002 7:28:10 PM]

marty_t3 08 November 2002 03:28 PM

K.. need some advice about contractions. My girlfriend thinks she just had 2 in the last few hours? She said they were more like back pain than anything else? does this sound about right?

And yes... she is pregnant before anyone asks :D

marty_t3 08 November 2002 03:48 PM

i just got her to time them... they're actually 10 minutes apart :eek: We're about to call the hospital. She better not leak all over my seats :D

Amanda-Jane 08 November 2002 03:53 PM

lol @ leaking ont he seats!

I remember when I went into labour with Steven, I was out for lunch with my sister and she was desperate to get me home but I wanted to stay for my cheesecake! :D

On a more serious note, all the best and looks like your little one is on it's way into the world :D

Amanda

brickboy 08 November 2002 03:59 PM

10 mins apart is definitely "we're coming in!"

Good luck to mum & bairn :D

RB5320 08 November 2002 04:08 PM

now there is a true scoobynetter.
Wife - "oh my god contractions. the baby is on its way. get me to hospital quick!"
Husband - "hang on a minute darling. Just let me boot up the pc and see what people think. Dont want to waste time if it its a false alarm".

sorry. bored at work! all the best to you both.

Steve

red_dog104 08 November 2002 04:09 PM

The hospital will probably tell you there is no rush and have a cup of tea and toast before you come in!!! (Yeah right!!) Good luck, tell her to have pethadin....... It's the best!!!! ;) Keep us updated!!! :D

Dunk 08 November 2002 04:18 PM

Probably amniotic fluid surge, was she cornering quickly ? ;)

P20SPD 08 November 2002 04:20 PM

At least you know its coming. With our 1st, Emma went in for a cautionery check, after 2 hours of nothing will happen, i went home, just got home and telephone rang saying you had best come back, 50 mile round trip at 12 at night, went in Emmas 306D-turbo sadly as i did not want to leave thscoob out over night:rolleyes:

Stayed awake from midnight till 2pm, went for something to eat on advise from midwife, "because nothing will happen", came back after having the full english breakfast etc, to be told to get into a surgeons gown ASAP as Emma was going into theatre:eek:

10 minutes later and there was Thomas, peeing all over the midwife:D:D

Dinner stayed down fortunatley:D

dogmaul 08 November 2002 04:22 PM

my ex was a midwife not that it has anything to do with it but hey :D

sexy wrx69 08 November 2002 04:24 PM

good luck mate.

ooh little baby on the way!! :):):)

sorry...am very broody at the moment.

Mice_Elf 08 November 2002 05:42 PM

Good luck to all. :)

marty_t3 08 November 2002 05:55 PM

thanks for the good wishes everyone....

we called the midwife and she sent my girfriend for a hot bath and said to call the hospital and arrange to go in as soon as the contractions speed up a bit.

oh well.... probably my last night as a non-parent :D

Amanda-Jane 08 November 2002 10:03 PM

How's it going?

Amanda

JoanUK300 08 November 2002 10:05 PM

Marty`s on another thread so things must be going very slowly!!!

I want to know what`s happening too.

marty_t3 09 November 2002 12:00 AM

well we're still here waiting ... they haven't gotten any closer together... think this is gonna ge a long night.

jbryant 09 November 2002 12:00 AM

Posting on Scoobynet??? While the wife is having contractions?!:eek:?!?!:eek:

These are NOT contractions - I was asleep upstairs while she was hanging off the banisters screaming ;)

How did I sleep through this? I dunno but the mortgage payments are going up !!! LOL

J

STi-Frenchie 09 November 2002 12:10 AM

When my first was due, my wife broke her waters a good 12 hours before the happy event arrived. Got her to hospital and she got a bit bored waiting for things to speed up. Very best of luck to you both and here's hoping it all goes smoothly for you.

(be there for her)

Keep us posted when you can!

Amanda-Jane 09 November 2002 01:16 PM

I suppose anything goes in Scoobynet these days! ;)

Ok folks who's running the book on boy or girl and when it will be born?

I say a boy and will be here about 4 this afternoon :D

Amanda

Nevetas 09 November 2002 07:34 PM

I find sex is the best way to get em to pop! :)

Well it's a good excuse anyway ;)

marty_t3 12 November 2002 09:04 PM

At last, after 3 days of very slow labour, the newest member of my Pit Crew has arrived.

Thanks to all the well wishers.

Sophie, born at 8am this morning.

http://www.mandynmartin.pwp.blueyond...uk/jvm1004.jpg

http://www.mandynmartin.pwp.blueyond...uk/jvm1002.jpg

LG John 12 November 2002 09:08 PM

Well done to mum and dad. She's a real cutie and seems to be warming up those vocal cords - Good luck....looks like you'll need it ;)

Amanda-Jane 12 November 2002 09:14 PM

Congratulations! :D

Amanda

P20SPD 12 November 2002 09:20 PM

Nice one m8, grab some sleep while you can:D

TIFF-C20WTH 12 November 2002 09:27 PM

Well done mate;)

My Misses got rushed into hospital last night with the same thing.But she is now back at home,so tonight will be "Control,this is Houston.........We have a problem!!!!!"

Well maybe?

STi-Frenchie 12 November 2002 10:22 PM

Marty - Congratulations to you and your g/f (name please! she's got THE major part in this so we should know who the lovely lady is!) and of course, to Sophie.

Speaking of the little'un, she's a gorgeous shade of purple !!!

My daugher was the same colour and we thought she looked a bit...uh...weird being purple and what not...but it goes away very quickly and what are you left with? A gorgeous kid who has got the cutest looks and will melt your heart with a smile.

Sophie is gonna do that to you, over and over and over again.

Hope the mother and baby are doing well...and you'd better get some rest - the next 20 years of your life are not your own :)

Welcome to the club !

Moles sis 12 November 2002 11:16 PM

congratulations! if you ever need a babysitter... ;)

Moles sis

mattstant 13 November 2002 01:03 AM

well done marty (and the misess:D:D)
Waiting for my first around jan the 10th will post a pic of it (dont know the sex yet)when she/he arrives.

Mice_Elf 13 November 2002 08:07 AM

Congratulations to both of you! :D

Clare 13 November 2002 08:09 AM

Gorgeous - well done to both of you and of course Sophie :)