ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Other Marques (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/)
-   -   My new scooby spanker (https://www.scoobynet.com/other-marques-33/148038-my-new-scooby-spanker.html)

co55ie 11 June 2002 11:11 PM

Hello poor scoob owners I thought I would let you all know that I have put down my 1k deposit on a Focus RS last weekend and will be taking delivery of this Subaru nuking machine next March/April. This means I will have two scoob spanker's a cossie and a focus RS for those of you who are a bit slow.(lets face it most scoobs and their owners are)
I choose the RS over the EVO as it looks better comes with a 3 year warranty and won't depriciate very much over the first year due to the limited build and long wait times for the car so will probably be able to sell it for what I paid for it six months later unlike a scoob WRX which would be worth about ten quid max The RS also offers far superior performance looks and build quality than the the budget option of a new WRX.

[Edited by co55ie - 11/6/2002 11:12:45 PM]

co55ie 11 July 2002 12:09 AM

LOL

Thing is if I spend 20k on an EVO then I wouldn't be able to get the RS
If I buy the RS and don't like it after a few months I can still get a 20k EVO so it kind of makes sense to a man of my limited intelligence anyway.
All I need now is a bird called Sharon to complete my line line up of Essex beauties

[Edited by co55ie - 11/7/2002 12:11:01 AM]

co55ie 11 July 2002 01:04 PM

I agree crypt that if I had spent the same money modding an EVO 6 as I have my saff the evo would be better but I only paid a few grand for the saff so the car still has not cost as much as buying a secondhand standard evo 6 yet and would wipe the floor with one in its present form. I can't really justify the extra 15k cost for marginal performance gains. Plus nobody sees my shed coming as it looks totally standard bar the wheels.
If this RS Focus thing is crap then I will buy an EVO.
Sorry Beemerboy but skyline's are not really the most nimble car's are they yet to see a UK car beat 2.99 0 to 60 have you ? Most UK cars are very poor in comparison to their Asian owned counterparts. (Sort of cheap and cheerful wannabe replica's)
Funny then that cossies spanked the skylines round the track at ten of the best then. Oh dear that throws your theory out of the window.

[Edited by co55ie - 11/7/2002 1:13:08 PM]

co55ie 11 July 2002 04:26 PM

2.99 was done by Rapid 1's 4wd Saff cossie. He also did a 3.08 at trax blowing all the skylines away.

Clarkson clearly stated that the RS Focus was the best FWD he had ever driven and that on smooth roads it was a very hard act to follow. It may be the case that the diff is a bit aggresive I also am of the opinion that the wheels are slightly to wide too which may well exaggerate the tramlining etc etc. I am sure that something could be done relatively cheaply to kerb this torque steer problem if indeed it really is as bad as clarkson states which I am sure its not reading through other articles. Any bloke that can stack a 700bhp RS200 as soon as it comes on boost obviously can't drive anyway.

[Edited by co55ie - 11/7/2002 4:37:45 PM]

co55ie 11 July 2002 05:41 PM

Its an HKS car and sorry it took it 7.95 secs not 7.91. LOL

Sorry Tylow I apologise.

The Focus RS is probably the best sub 20k available on the market I don't see how anyone could disagree.
Good looks, good performance, well built, good warranty and excellent residuals making this a very very cheap car to own and run. Perhaps some of you bug eyed wonder owners wished you'd bought one too, Infact I know you do

[Edited by co55ie - 11/7/2002 5:46:26 PM]

co55ie 11 July 2002 06:09 PM

oh dear coleslaw have a look at some of the jap tuners sites.
I will post the AVI address so you can see this 1680bhp road legal weapon in action.
Aern't F1 cars only 800 bhp and 2 wheel drive ?
A well tuned cossie can hit 0 - 100 in approx 7.5 secs mate so stop spouting cack an F1 car is actually extremely slow to 30mph.
I also have an AVI of the same car absolutely destroying a Huyabusa it looks like its going backwards.
You are seriously wrong if you think an F1 car is that rapid in a straight line its not.

[Edited by co55ie - 11/7/2002 6:13:17 PM]

co55ie 11 July 2002 11:50 PM

creamy sounds like you own a bug eyed wonder to me.
I can assure you that I do indeed own a cossie and soon a Focus RS too.
Creamy have you got a job or are you on a government training program like coleslaw ?
Dont Marks and Spencer sell creamy coleslaw and are you gay ? Your name would certainly suggest this. I expect you dream of being taken fron the rear by coleslaw totally unlubbed. You little goer you. Run along expect its Brighton for you again this weekend

[Edited by co55ie - 11/7/2002 11:53:29 PM]

EVOLUTION 11 August 2002 12:29 AM

Well all i can say is that, you will loose, thats a promise everyone looses unless you buy a mini

And secondly, as soon as you get a little bit of an uneven raod surface ie country roads, your fcuked., Which lets face it, thats where the scoob comes into its own.

MY personal oppinion only.

John

PS Its still a ford, NOT with a COSWORTH badge i must add

OH just what did he drive home again in then???????

[Edited by EVOLUTION - 11/8/2002 12:43:58 AM]

co55ie 11 August 2002 01:10 AM

And of course evolution you have driven several RS Focus' so you make an objective comment as to exactly how the car handles on a country road. You will remember that most reviews favoured the V6 mondeo over the scoob as a performance saloon when the scoob was first released.
The Focus will blitz a scoob on a smooth a surface and the scoob may have the edge on a rough road lets wait and see. Either way the Focus is a better proposition. Face it the Impreza is such an old fashioned car nowadays and the focus doesn't have the dreadful flat four either so thats another plus point in its favour. The Impreza is driven by spotty backward baseball cap wearing max power kids with ridiculous Magnex exhausts neon lights and ridiculous car stereos not to mention the stupid bolt on spoilers that adorn most of them. Come on I bet you Impreza owners are devalueing your council estates with your £200 sheds. You are the toast of the council flats you all live in or should I say source of amusement.Can't believe the amount parked at the local dole office at signing on time these days. I wonder why that is can you get income support to help run one ?

[Edited by co55ie - 11/8/2002 1:25:38 AM]

merkin 11 August 2002 12:40 PM

The only thing Co55ie will be spanking in the near future is his monkey :rolleyes:

[Edited by merkin - 11/8/2002 12:40:51 PM]

co55ie 11 August 2002 02:11 PM

Lol at Kranky at least I am not a 4 foot midget that parades around on telly cross dressing in a school uniform on a dire children's program.

A quote from coleslaw
Standard cossie hits 30 in 1.3 secs?*cough*bull****. If that was the case, why does it take a further 4.5secs to get from 30 to 60 ?

Your engineering NVQ is really not going well is it coleslaw. Do you not realise that you have to change gears and that 2nd gear is a different ratio from first and then lets not forget to add the drag factor into the equation. Numptie do you have a problem spelling the word sh1t I can't see why cause I expect your college tutor tells you your brain is made of it everyday. ROFLMAO at F1 engineer coleslaw

[Edited by co55ie - 11/8/2002 2:12:11 PM]

co55ie 11 August 2002 03:16 PM

Kranky and a subaru is just a subaru a car with terrible styling, build quality and residuals nothing more nothing less.It is also ten years out of date now. I don't want to buy an old banger for a a few k and the bug eye and the new car 03 are and will be financial disasters. It also sounds like you are a jealous individual Kranky as I will soon own 2 scoob nuker's. I quoted times as I deal in fact not fiction or in your case dellusions. Funny if I am the one spouting rubbish that I have been right about everything I have stated.

Toad I prefer the understated looks of the RS and as I said if I don't like it I am not really going to be hard pressed to sell it for what I payed for it. What swayed me was the insurance and running costs have been quoted just over 400 fully comp on Rs aginst 1.2k on the evo . If I don't like the RS I will get a 20k secondhand evo at least this way I can sort of have my cake and eat it too.

Can't understand why scoob owners are so touchy is it something to do with them having such an inferior product ? Me thinks so. I bet most of them in reality would swap there sheds for a well sorted escos or evo they just couldn't afford one so went for the poor man's version instead which is totally understandable.

SUBARU DOES NOT EQUATE TO A PRESTIGE BRAND IN ANYWAY GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ARSES THEY ARE A BUDGET BRAND MASS PRODUCING VEHICLE MANUFACTURER. WITH A DIRE LINE UP OF CARS AT THE PRESENT TIME AND AN EVER DIMINISHING CUSTOMER BASE AND DEALER NETWORK.
AM I WRONG ? NO

[Edited by co55ie - 11/8/2002 3:25:22 PM]

Ian2wdsaffcos 11 August 2002 03:18 PM

Kranky,

To you a Ford wil always just be a Ford, to me a Subaru will always be a farmers car!!! :D

Toad,

Evo 6 makes the RS Focus look gay does it?? Are you on crack? The Evo is a good car no doubt but it looks like a Hyundai Accent thats ram-raided a Halfords shop & come out with half the accessories still stuck on it!!LOL :D

Just my opinion of course. :p

[Edited by Ian2wdsaffcos - 11/8/2002 3:19:57 PM]

crock 11 September 2002 12:08 AM

Co55ie, how long have you been repressed?

[Edited by crock - 11/9/2002 12:32:10 AM]

Ian2wdsaffcos 11 September 2002 05:47 PM

LOL That aint the real Co55ie, check out the amount of posts next to that guys name. There is an imposter in our midst!!!

[Edited by Ian2wdsaffcos - 11/9/2002 5:48:09 PM]

EVOLUTION 11 October 2002 01:12 AM

"SCOOBS ARE SO 90's"

Just what exactly is a sapphire cosworth? concept styling,
i dont think so.

Its only 1 up from an XR2 in the pecking order.

Hey CO55IE, whats your other vehicle, Millenium Falcon, Starship Enterprise?

Maybe when scoobs get as cheap as cossies, people too can spend the extra cash on getting crazy BHP outputs of thier scoobs.

Your having a arguement about a car which you dont even own or even drove for that matter. How sads that? And as for other people putting the RS down and not having driven the car, why? Because there are not any demonstrators (not many anyway). Personaly i think anyone who spends 20K on a Ford they havent even drove is an d***head. Dont worry, im sure your not alone!

You just come back on here when you finally manage to drive an RS focus ( oh and when you have lost sh1t loads of money on it) and see if you can prove me wrong. Until then give it a rest!

John

[Edited by EVOLUTION - 11/10/2002 1:43:17 AM]

silver:scooby 11 October 2002 11:12 AM

AllanB top reply. pistols at dawn

[Edited by silver:scooby - 11/10/2002 11:13:50 AM]

co55ie 11 October 2002 12:28 PM

Just to add insult to the scoob's injury the RS Focus will cost 20k allround europe so a cheap import is not going to be an option keeping my residuals nice and high unlike the antiquated pile of rust and crap that is thrown into the melting pot in japan to make a scoob which will be worth 30 percent of what my RS Beast will be even if it is nearly new.
Other motorists may even have heart to start a benevolent fund for bankrupted scoob owners.What will your neighbour's say ahhhh there goes kevin in his funny little scoob what a pity what a shame but I wish he would fluck off as hes devalueing our council estate.
The futures bright the futures RS

Allan B your dead right I would have thought that scoob ownership would be clear indication of inbred tendencies to be a dumb ass. LOL Allan do you know Derek and did you release a load of corny rap records. You bad young brother.

[Edited by co55ie - 11/10/2002 12:32:34 PM]

Dark Blue Mark 06 November 2002 11:29 PM

Chose the RS over an EVO?

Are you ****ing mad? :D

MB

co55ie 06 November 2002 11:29 PM

The 0 - 100 of the rs is 15.5 faster than the either the classic or monstrosity style scoob's in standard form. 100 - 0 in 4.1 thats much better than a scoob. But then lets not beat about the bush its a far better car than a scoob I can't wait to blitz your Sti's round the twisties. As you keep tellimg me this is what its all about and I will leave you all for dust in both my car's.
Infcat I could have bought a nearly new P1 for less than my deposit

Dark Blue Mark 06 November 2002 11:31 PM

You're probably right, its a much much better car, you have convinced me.

What did Clarkson drive off in at the end again? :D

MB

TonyBurns 06 November 2002 11:34 PM

LOL!!
you make me laugh ;):p
Now no doubt when they have a release date for the focus rs (i dont believe its been given yet as they keep putting it back :rolleyes: ) no doubt to sort all the problems out with those crappy focus's they made :rolleyes: and to think its going to be a scooby killer.... :p
I just hope you have a smooth road somewhere (i dont think there are any in britain :p ) or else your going to end up in a hedge/ditch/field somewhere ;)
I would wait if i were you, give it a month after the launch and buy a second hand one, there should be a few around by then ;):p

Tony:D

co55ie 06 November 2002 11:34 PM

No I am not mad my cossie will destroy an evo to be honest the acceleration of an evo is pretty dull they are hardly quick are they.
The RS Focus is practical and cheap to run and is superb value for money 18 oz rims, Brembo brakes, AP racing clutch etc etc all for under 20k on the road with 12 months tax and a 3 year warranty. In my opinion this really is a remarkable package

TonyBurns 06 November 2002 11:39 PM

Read me ;)
This is an opinion of a guy who got a test drive in a Focus RS then cancelled his order ;) says something doesnt it ;)

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?threadid=147333

co55ie 06 November 2002 11:40 PM

Tony my cossie will destroy your car on any road or surface. I expect it goes faster in reverse.
Lets face it the difference between a focus and scoob on the track is light years 5 secs a lap on the top gear track. The perfomance of the Focus is closer to the Lambo than the scoob is to the focus
says it all really.
My build date is February/March I am in no hurry to recieve my new weapon.
I am also considering purchasing the number plate SC03BYPO for £800 to go on the car from the DVLA.

DARREN 06 November 2002 11:40 PM

HELLO HELLO HELLO ITS STILL A FORD.FOCUS........................................ .................................................. .......................................
ITS ONLY GOT 97 BHP MORE THE AN FOCUS TCDI

TOSSER
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

TonyBurns 06 November 2002 11:42 PM

Dunno where you get the extra O at the end ;):p
it should be SC 03 BYP no extra character at the end of it ;)

PS as per other wannabe focus RS owners i think your throwing your money away, just read said artical from the focus rs board where i took it from ;)

TonyBurns 06 November 2002 11:45 PM

I'll actually post this for you ;)

"
Member Rated:
posted 30-10-2002 01:05 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a collection of a few random thoughts on the FRS. But before I start, please remember that these are only my views. make your own minds up if and when you get a drive, don't flame me for being honest and passing on what I've found.

Firstly, I was lucky enough to get a drive in one recently thanks to a friend of a friend. I was very impressed with what Ford have achieved, but on the local A & B roads, I found it was a lot of hard work, more so than a 996 or M3 and it didn't feel as planted as an Evo or Scooby. But it had tonnes of grip and you could really chuck it about without the back end stopping out. I was pushing on, but being careful (obviously), but never even came close to discovering the limits. The ride wasn't as harsh as I thought it was going to be which was a pleasant surprise, but I'm used to a stiffer suspension setup.

I don't understand the problems with the torque-steer as surely Ford tested the RS extensively on these sort of A & B roads that drivers like us love?

I still don't understand the lack of guages - surely an oil temp guage is essential in a car that's made to be driven hard? The seat is still too high and I'm not sure about the interior, maybe a bit too much.

What I'm trying to say is that for me, the reviews have been spot on. There have been exaggerations which lets face it, make good TV. The bottom line for me is that Ford have made a cracking car at a good price. But after driving it, its not the car for me as I did find the so-called torque-steer to be too intrusive on uneven roads. I've cancelled my order but will be keeping an eye on it to see if Ford make any revisions to it during its life and how the used values go. Its not as good as I hoped for a main car but too expensive to be a 2nd car.

As for Tiff, anyone slagging him off, calling him a failed racing driver etc annoys me. Its not aimed at anyone on here but just a lot of comments I've seen on the web since the test. He's got more driving talent that anyone I know and possibly anyone who has ever posted on this sort of forum. The 5th Gear tests had him driving the cars and provoking them to get the tail out, which on FWD cars is obviously harder than you might think. So hence, the lap-times are going to suffer. But if you buy a car on laptimes set by someone you don't know, then you need your head examined. Lap-times should be taken with a pinch of salt although some magazines like Autocar have become a bit obsessed by them,

Which all brings me to the main point. I just don't understand why there aren't demonstrator cars available right now. The car is fantastic, don't let me put you off it, but how do you know its right for you until you've driven it? There is clearly demand for the car, so Ford wouldn't have any problems in selling demo cars on. Walk into a Porsche salesroom and they'll happily let you demo a 911 costing 70 grand. OK, so 20K isn't the same, but its a lot of money to us all, and the excuses from the dealers I've spoken to about it being too expensive for a demo car just don't wash. I could turn this into a rant about Ford service in general, as I had a real struggle just trying to get a local dealer to take my deposit and show any interest in the car.

The FRS is a great car, but I just feel with a bit of effort Ford could have handled things so much better.

Anyway, feel free to comment, flame etc etc."

Thats taken from a potential owner, now possably waiting to see if ford can sort their act out (doubtful :rolleyes: )

Dark Blue Mark 06 November 2002 11:46 PM

Evo, hardly quick? It would piss on my modded scoob. You will notice I live in the real worl and can accept defeat.

I do agree, the RS does look like a nice package with all the badges on there. Have fun! :)

MB

co55ie 06 November 2002 11:49 PM

yes dark blue mark it would Pi55 on your scoob but it wouldn't pi55 on my co55ie.

Tony I didn't mean to add the b it should read SC03YPO I actually am also considering KN03END for the car too which I am sure most of you lot would agree would suit me better!!!! If any of you have
ordered an 03 scoob SC03YDO is available for 800 quid too from the DVLA site too

To be honest I really don't care if the RS is crap as I will be able to sell it on with no lose whatsover may even make a few quid.
The running costs are what swayed me over the EVO plus prefer the look of the focus its not quite so Max Power.

[Edited by co55ie - 11/6/2002 11:53:49 PM]

[Edited by co55ie - 11/6/2002 11:58:06 PM]